Christian Women, Are You Causing Men to Sin?

L

Lyndie

I think we as Christians have a big issue on our hands as far as our mentality, we think that "we are just humans" and I even hear homosexuals claiming they are Christians and "sin is sin and God made me like that."

We need to remember that we are made "new creatures" through Christ. I'm not like my co-workers, family members or friends. They cnt even classify me they dont even know what I am because I am a new creature they haven't seen a creature like me because of Christ. And because of my newness and my uniqueness and my cleansed sins through the blood........I cnt walk like my co workers, I cant talk like my family members, I dont dress like my friends. And because of Jesus now " I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I"

Now you said ""Men are designed that way" common excuse. And us women are supposed to just accept that and not be a stumbling block. But you know what? God gave me breasts, so if you men have an issue with it, take it up with God." That's not love, you as my sister in Christ I dont want the devil to use me in anyway to make you sin. Yeah you have breasts but why dress sexy in the house of God unless your looking for sexual attention? Why dont you care if your breast are overly exposed in church? Why dont you care that men are being thrown off in church because of your breasts?

Thats almost as sinful as them looking just being honest

First off, I don't 'show' my breasts in church. I said in my post that I'm not talking about being a hoochie in church. I'm talking about the fact that some expect women to not even give the hint that we actually have butts and breasts, you know, the "potato sack" mentality. Maybe we should just walk around with a box over us...

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Are you saying you don't know what it is to dress modestly? We should all dress modestly so we are not a stumbling block to someone else.

I know what modest dress is. Shorts or jeans and a t-shirt is modest.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
airō;55250244 said:
Being attractive does not equate to skimpy clothing that reveals the breasts and conforms to the outline of the body (like spandex). There is such a thing as modest clothing. Clothing should frame the face from which the glory of God is revealed. If it frames the body and draws attention to it, then it is not of God.

burka.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FLxBJ9cRQnM/SokTXOlcniI/AAAAAAAABNM/X9QUYaUwtLU/s320/burka.jpg

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟97,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Surely dressing to look attractive in itself would be sinful, however much was covered if we take the 'it what a woman dresses like' message seriously. Anything that even hints at feminine attractiveness must be hidden away from the sight of us hapless men. On with the burkahs ladies! We men need protection.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sarcasm on-no they aren't you can see legs and, and in jeans you can see the...gasp....form of a woman's legs and butt!!!!And a t-shirt shows the form of breasts!!! Oh the horror!-sarcasm off
That is the mentality I'm talking about...

lol..Does it really mean that much to you to not be able to show cleavage? Dressing modestly is simply not showing what shouldn't be shown to anyone other than your spouse. I wear shorts almost everyday during the summer, I also wear T-shirts and I wear shirts that aren't just T-shirts..But I do make sure that the shirts I decide to wear show no cleavage and are not too tight..and the shorts I wear are not too short. Why is that so hard to do?

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Our entire body is to reflect God's glory. After all it is now His temple. Pope John made a very wise comment.

[FONT=&quot]“Sexual modesty cannot in any simple way be identified with the use of clothing, nor shamelessness with the absence of clothing and total or partial nakedness. The human body is not in itself shameful, nor for the same reason are sensual reactions, and human sensuality in general. Shamelessness (just like shame and modesty) is a function of the interior of the person.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]John[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NZ[/FONT]

Dear JP is correct. Modesty is a function of the heart, not the wardrobe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not expecting women to wear a burka, just dress in a way that doesn't bear everything they have.

Are you suggesting that the women you see in church are completely starkers? :confused:

Or are you perhaps engaging in hyperbole? :)

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear JP is correct. Modesty is a function of the heart, not the wardrobe.

Ahh..Which brings us to Luke 6 "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" So isn't it safe to say, if your heart is in the right place with this matter, then so will be your wardrobe

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
:doh:Where did I say anything about showing cleavage?????????? The man in the video says anything that shows the form of a woman is immodest. Which means no pants, no shirts that give the hint I actually have breasts, not cleavage but just the form of my breast is sinful to him.

All of which says nothing about women, and everything about that particular man.

He seriously needs to take responsibility for his own feelings, instead of dumping the blame for them on women. All women.

Quite frankly, I have more than enough sins of my own to deal with, without carrying his as well. What I wear is between me and God, and it is nobody else's business whatever. If they don't like it, they can look away. I tend to be on the modest side of good, but no doubt I could find someone somewhere to take offence, if I tried.

Frankly, life is too short to try to appease any and every angry man I happen to come across. Men of any age can wear what they like, without any danger that I will be so carried away with lust that I will pounce on them, and I will thank them to allow me to do the same. We are not animals; we are human beings, made in the image of God. I am not about to bury that image in a tent, for anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
L

Lyndie

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of which says nothing about women, and everything about that particular man.

He seriously needs to take responsibility for his own feelings, instead of dumping the blame for them on women. All women.

Quite frankly, I have more than enough sins of my own to deal with, without carrying his as well. What I wear is between me and God, and it is nobody else's business whatever. If they don't like it, they can look away. I tend to be on the modest side of good, but no doubt I could find someone somewhere to take offence, if I tried.

Frankly, life is too short to try to appease any and every angry man I happen to come across. Men of any age can wear what they like, without any danger that I will be so carried away with lust that I will pounce on them, and I will thank them to allow me to do the same. We are not animals; we are human beings, made in the image of God. I am not about to bury that image in a tent, for anyone.

I have already said that men should be held responsible for not having the self-control to not lust..But likewise women are held responsible for being a stumbling block to men.

Everything we do should be for the glory of God...Let me ask you this..if you were to wear a low cut shirt, do you think that would be pleasing to God and bring Him glory?..

Yes we are human beings..with horrible wretched sinful hearts that takes repentance and trust in Christ to even come close to being made righteous.

And you are right, life is too short for us to be displeasing God..We only have one chance and that is this mere glimpse of time that flies by us...We have only eternity to live for.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I have already said that men should be held responsible for not having the self-control to not lust..But likewise women are held responsible for being a stumbling block to men.

Everything we do should be for the glory of God...Let me ask you this..if you were to wear a low cut shirt, do you think that would be pleasing to God and bring Him glory?..

How presumptuous of you! I have never worn a low cut anything in my life. And as for being a stumbling block to men, well, chance would be a fine thing! ^_^^_^^_^

However, to answer your question, if, for some reason, if I were to walk down the road stark naked, rest assured that would be for the glory of God, because everything I do is focussed on him. Make no mistake, a Christian woman wears her modesty, even when she does not wear anything else at all.

Any Christian man seeing me do such a thing, should just turn his back.

Modesty is not about clothes.

Yes we are human beings..with horrible wretched sinful hearts that takes repentance and trust in Christ to even come close to being made righteous.

Speak for yourself. I don't have a horrible, wretched or sinful heart personally. I have one which is pure white, all the way through, because my sins are at the foot of the cross, where they belong.

And you are right, life is too short for us to be displeasing God..We only have one chance and that is this mere glimpse of time that flies by us...We have only eternity to live for.

Thank you for the sermon. Most kind. ^_^^_^^_^

By the way, lads, don't worry about the bare chests and legs on my account, will you? I am far too respectable to fall into sin, and I can certainly admire the wonderful human form; man, woman or even child, without any danger of doing so. We are all perfectly and wonderfully made. :wave:

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
http://www.modestclothes.com/images/samira-atash-2.jpg
http://www.prlog.org/10144232-sweet-innocence-satin-skirt-and-black-ruffle-neck-blouse.jpg

I think these are very modest looks, however according to what is said in the vid, because the outline of their breasts show, and you can see the form of the woman in jeans legs, it is immodest. To me, that is a bit ridiculous.

Indeed so. I think that man is mistaking Christianity for Islam, where both men and women wear baggy clothes to hide all their bits.

I don't think we need to go down that road.

Upvote 0