Christian Women, Are You Causing Men to Sin?

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes I see women jogging out there, and it isn't just a tank top and decent shorts. I sometimes feel that they wear things that they know could cause huge problems for men to see if they looked at, and I sometimes think they should be careful. ....|

knowing how the game is being played, I just laugh and move on.

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟15,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think there's a difference between accidentally causing men to sin and wearing something in order to make men "look" at you in a dirty way. Sometimes I like to imagine wearing things that help my figure look better. It helps me with self esteem. I don't want to wear things that hide my body. I just don't want to wear it in ORDER to make men have lustful thoughts. If they happen to get the thoughts, that's one thing, but I don't want to purposefully do it.

Sometimes I see women jogging out there, and it isn't just a tank top and decent shorts. I sometimes feel that they wear things that they know could cause huge problems for men to see if they looked at, and I sometimes think they should be careful. :|

OK this post may anger some it is not my intent:sorry:

But I think that is why we should always be careful of what we wear..I don't even want to accidently cause men to lust, that is why I always make sure my shirt is high enough and loose enough and my shorts are low enough. I don't want to be the cause of a man having lustful thoughts..As Christians we should be held blameless. Whether we purposely do it or not is not the issue..We should always keep in mind that what we wear could be causing someone to stumble, so we need to take caution in what we decide to put on.

Upvote 0

critical3

Jan 13, 2010
✟15,344.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But I think that is why we should always be careful of what we wear..I don't even want to accidently cause men to lust, that is why I always make sure my shirt is high enough and loose enough and my shorts are low enough. I don't want to be the cause of a man having lustful thoughts..As Christians we should be held blameless. Whether we purposely do it or not is not the issue..We should always keep in mind that what we wear could be causing someone to stumble, so we need to take caution in what we decide to put on.

agreed :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
L

Lyndie

"Men are designed that way" common excuse. And us women are supposed to just accept that and not be a stumbling block. But you know what? God gave me breasts, so if you men have an issue with it, take it up with God.

How many of you men walk around with shirts off in the summer? Or those tank tops that are so tight we can see you ab outline and how buff you are? Same thing.

One more thing, some of the most covered 'christian' women I have come across have been the most judgmental prideful women you'd ever meet.
(Not advocating dressing like a hoochie in church. But I'm really tired of women being blamed for all of man's issues)

Upvote 0

kallygilrie

May 18, 2010
✟7,645.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Has anyone heard of resisting temptation. If a women tempts you, does that give you a free pass to fall into said temptation. If a women is out for the soul purpose of flaunting herself than yes I see the point but it would be no different than a man coming in with a tank top showing his muscular arms (which he knows women find attractive).

Fact is, you are responsible for your own sin.

What about those "large chested" ladies like myself who honestly find it difficult to find well fitting shirts? Just because I lean over and show a little more than I shoud, does that mean I'm causing a man to sin? In that case, should I be wearing a turtle neck in the 110 degree weather we are experiencing. In today's society, a women will be attractive to a man no matter what. She could be covered head to toe and some man will lust after that.

I agree that a women should not try to make a man lust after her but a man also need own up to his own sin.

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟15,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone heard of resisting temptation. If a women tempts you, does that give you a free pass to fall into said temptation. If a women is out for the soul purpose of flaunting herself than yes I see the point but it would be no different than a man coming in with a tank top showing his muscular arms (which he knows women find attractive).

Fact is, you are responsible for your own sin.

What about those "large chested" ladies like myself who honestly find it difficult to find well fitting shirts? Just because I lean over and show a little more than I shoud, does that mean I'm causing a man to sin? In that case, should I be wearing a turtle neck in the 110 degree weather we are experiencing. In today's society, a women will be attractive to a man no matter what. She could be covered head to toe and some man will lust after that.

I agree that a women should not try to make a man lust after her but a man also need own up to his own sin.

The question is...do you want to be the one that is tempting that man? I do agree that men should not dress in a way to cause women to lust either..And it doesn't matter the size..we can still dress in a way that is pleasing to God..You don't have to wear "turtlenecks" but we should make sure our shirt is high enough and our shorts are low enough. And you are right..some men will lust no matter what we are wearing..but at least we can be held blameless in that situation if we are dressed modestly..Yes it is on the man if he doesn't have the self control to look away and avoid lust..But it is also on the woman if she is dressed in a way that could have put a stumbling block on the man.

Why doesn't everyone look at it this way...Look at Adam and Eve...Eve was the one who initially took the fruit..But when she flashed that fruit in front of Adam, he couldn't resist taking it...Now did God say, "Adam it's all your fault you should have resisted the temptation" Or were they both held responsible because they both sinned.

Now, we are the ones who initially put on revealing clothing..And when we walk in front of men, some of them can't resist lusting..So..do you think the man is the only one held responsible because he should have resisted the temptation..or are both responsible?

Upvote 0
L

Lyndie

The question is...do you want to be the one that is tempting that man? I do agree that men should not dress in a way to cause women to lust either..And it doesn't matter the size..we can still dress in a way that is pleasing to God..You don't have to wear "turtlenecks" but we should make sure our shirt is high enough and our shorts are low enough. And you are right..some men will lust no matter what we are wearing..but at least we can be held blameless in that situation if we are dressed modestly..Yes it is on the man if he doesn't have the self control to look away and avoid lust..But it is also on the woman if she is dressed in a way that could have put a stumbling block on the man.

Why doesn't everyone look at it this way...Look at Adam and Eve...Eve was the one who initially took the fruit..But when she flashed that fruit in front of Adam, he couldn't resist taking it...Now did God say, "Adam it's all your fault you should have resisted the temptation" Or were they both held responsible because they both sinned.

Now, we are the ones who initially put on revealing clothing..And when we walk in front of men, some of them can't resist lusting..So..do you think the man is the only one held responsible because he should have resisted the temptation..or are both responsible?

The problem with that is Adam gave in to her knowing exactly what he was doing. She was deceived, he wasn't. Also, in the very beginning of that vid, he says 'we would welcome them, look at them through the eyes of God (or something to that effect)'. If that's the case, and you are looking at them through God's eyes, the last thing you should be focused on is their body.

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟15,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem with that is Adam gave in to her knowing exactly what he was doing. She was deceived, he wasn't. Also, in the very beginning of that vid, he says 'we would welcome them, look at them through the eyes of God (or something to that effect)'. If that's the case, and you are looking at them through God's eyes, the last thing you should be focused on is their body.

But was she held blameless because she was decieved?? Alot of women are also deceived into thinking, "it doesn't matter if I wear this, it's not a sin" Kind of like.."It doesn't matter if you eat this, for you surely will not die!"

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟15,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends on the intent and motivation of the tempter. Only God knows that.

Eve didn't have bad intentions either...She believed what the serpent told her..But was she held blameless just because she didn't have bad intentions? She acutally had good intentions, "Look Adam, the serpent said we won't die if we eat this..now we can eat this delicious fruit"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟15,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And if we keep reading in that chapter, Adam tries to blame Eve.

12(K)The man said, "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate." nasb

She wasn't blameless, but like I said Adam KNEW what he was doing, that it was wrong, but did it anyway.

I don't disagree..Adam was held accountable as well...The point is..neither were held blamless.

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟15,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are right, but don't you think it is...more wrong to sin knowing your sinning than sinning by being deceived?

It doesn't matter..sin is sin..no matter how or why you do it. .Eve was told by God to not eat of the tree..However, she chose to go against God and do it anyway..We are told to not be a stumbling block...If we do it anyway, we chose to do so. It is still a sin against a Holy God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟39,141.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"Men are designed that way" common excuse. And us women are supposed to just accept that and not be a stumbling block. But you know what? God gave me breasts, so if you men have an issue with it, take it up with God.

How many of you men walk around with shirts off in the summer? Or those tank tops that are so tight we can see you ab outline and how buff you are? Same thing.

One more thing, some of the most covered 'christian' women I have come across have been the most judgmental prideful women you'd ever meet.
(Not advocating dressing like a hoochie in church. But I'm really tired of women being blamed for all of man's issues)
I think we as Christians have a big issue on our hands as far as our mentality, we think that "we are just humans" and I even hear homosexuals claiming they are Christians and "sin is sin and God made me like that."

We need to remember that we are made "new creatures" through Christ. I'm not like my co-workers, family members or friends. They cnt even classify me they dont even know what I am because I am a new creature they haven't seen a creature like me because of Christ. And because of my newness and my uniqueness and my cleansed sins through the blood........I cnt walk like my co workers, I cant talk like my family members, I dont dress like my friends. And because of Jesus now " I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I"

Now you said ""Men are designed that way" common excuse. And us women are supposed to just accept that and not be a stumbling block. But you know what? God gave me breasts, so if you men have an issue with it, take it up with God." That's not love, you as my sister in Christ I dont want the devil to use me in anyway to make you sin. Yeah you have breasts but why dress sexy in the house of God unless your looking for sexual attention? Why dont you care if your breast are overly exposed in church? Why dont you care that men are being thrown off in church because of your breasts?

Thats almost as sinful as them looking just being honest

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why is this thread still in this section while it is clearly being debated/ no advice being given or asked for & I know I'd get jumped on by the mods if I entered the debate?

Does it really matter?

The OP gave advice. Agree or disagree it was clearly advice.

Upvote 0