• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Christian without creationism

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by LiveFreeOrDie, Sep 3, 2002.

1. LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie Science Officer

+1
    Proof that you don't need to be a creationist to be a Christian (at least in Canada):

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmontonjournal/story.asp?id={5A3A861C-8478-4D9A-BB31-09C0B2C09883}

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Chris†opher Paul

Chris†opher Paul Based on a True Story

+4
    You can't be a Christian if you aren't a creationist, however, you can still be a Christian if you don't believe in young earth creationism specifically.

3. Sky

Sky Active Member

+0
    That is not true. You CAN be a Christian and be an evolutionist.

4. RufusAtticus

RufusAtticus PopGen Grad Student

+9
    Chrisitans who believe in a creation are not necessarially creationists. Since the term "creationist" as in "evolutionist or creationist" refers specifically to those who believe in special creation. Some people prefer a broader application of the term "creationist." But then in loses most of its meaning for this forum, since then one can be both a creationist and a evolutionist at the same time.

5. npetreley

npetreley pumpkin sailor

+2
    That's true. You can be a Christian and still be wrong about some things.

6. Sky

Sky Active Member

+0
    And YEC is right? I don't think so.

7. LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie Science Officer

+1
    Oh! The irony!

8. Chris†opher Paul

Chris†opher Paul Based on a True Story

+4
    Of course, I didn't say anything contrary.

9. Late_Cretaceous

Late_Cretaceous <font color="#880000" ></font&g

+106
    Catholic

10. Morat

Morat Untitled One

+2
    Atheist
      The term "theistic evolutionist" tends to apply well to those Souljah was referring to.

11. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    I am a Christian, and I don't subscribe to "Creationism." I subscribe to Intelligent Design.

12. Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon (Enter Title Here)

+0
    Here's a question (or two) for everyone...

In your opinion, what did the Intelligent Designer create, how did he do it, how long did it take, and about how old is the earth?

Or...

In your opinion, what created everything, how did it happen, how long did it take, and about how old is the earth?

Personally I believe that God (the Intelligent Designer) created everything. He created everything simply by speaking each thing into existence. And it took Him 6 days to create everything, and it has been about 6,000 years since he did it.

The discussion will be alot clearer when we know what each person believes.

Thanks,

Eric

13. blader

blader Evilutionist

+0
    1. I don't know what created everything.

2. The big bang, most likely.

3. The universe is between 13 and 14 billion years old.

4. The earth is around 4.5 billion years old.

14. Praxiteles

Praxiteles PraxAce

+268
    Agnostic

What he said.

Cheers,

Prax (The Lazy Typist)

15. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    I agree with this.

16. MSBS

MSBS Well-Known Member

+89
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Obviously ;)

17. David Gould

David Gould Pearl Harbor sucked. WinAce didn't.

+487
    Atheist
    AU-Labor
    Same here, although I have been reading some stuff about M Theory which is looking at what may have preceded the Big Bang and what the Big Bang may have actually been ... fascinating stuff.

18. Athlon4all

Athlon4all I'm offline indefintely

+1
    Totally disagree. Not only does the Bible say "all things were created in six days" (ex 20:11), but evolution no matter how you slice and dice it, presents very big problems with what the Bible teaches concerning death and suffering and sin. Evolution does not mix with Christianity, but rather destroys it.

19. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    just to point out evolution is a proven fact.

20. Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon (Enter Title Here)

+0
    Good, at least most of you agree on which theory is correct. Normally, all of the people who believe in evolution all have different explanations of how it happened.

Exactly!

No, not really. Here are some quotes to explain:

I will explain this one. I suppose you have heard the fairy tale of the princess kissing the frog and it turned into a prince...

Frog + magic spell (usually a kiss) = Prince

With evolution we see...

Frog + time (and the magic words are "Billions and billions of years ago...") = Prince

-

Even people, such as Sir Arthur Keith, know that evolution has never been proven. Like he says, people only believe it because the only alternative is to say that God created everything. Not many people want to believe that God created, because then the Bible would be true; that would mean they would have to do what the Bible says, and most people aren't willing to surrender themselves and obey the rules set in the Bible.