Christian view of ghosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Familiar spirits are very real. They hang around and seem to be your friend, when all along they are planning your demise.

I have a dear friend - she had a familiar spirit which she said was her grandfather - she accepted that one, talked to it, considered it a friend, then another one came - she accepted that one also and then a third one came - after the third one, things started happening - I tried to talk to her and she laughed at me and said she would never get rid of those spirits because they were her friends.

She was always sick, always falling, breaking her leg - they started manifesting to her at night, she kept saying it was her sister that hated her and was trying to kill her.

You could walk in her house and feel the spirits.

I tried one more time to talk to her about it - she laughed at me and said I was the one with the bad spirits and that the ones she had were her friends.

The Holy Spirit drew the line for me - said dust off your feet and move on - this was very hard to do because she was my best friend.

All they are trying to do is kill you because they have lost control of you - I know you think it is a friend - it is not - sooner or later they will call in more forces and take you down little by little. It is not something to mess around with - walk around saying Jesus, Jesus, Jesus - see how many times it talks to you while you are proclaiming Jesus.

Yep Shaz,

I know them well.

In fact they go to another level of abuse and use.

And that is the reason why 80% of the Body of Christ is seduced and deceived at many levels.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
SharonL -- I am sorry about your friend. I do believe there can be unpleasant spirits, I just don't think Marcus is one, is all. He's a sweet person, and he does not mind me becoming Christian...he reads the Bible with me and is happy for me.

My dear sister, didn't hear what we all have advised you?

Marcus is a demon!

Ask Marcus to declare our Lord Jesus Christ as his Lord and Master, and see what reaction you get.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,869.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
SharonL -- I am sorry about your friend. I do believe there can be unpleasant spirits, I just don't think Marcus is one, is all. He's a sweet person, and he does not mind me becoming Christian...he reads the Bible with me and is happy for me.

1 Timothy 4:1
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

I believe in familiar spirits...those who take the form of people that were on earth but I believe they are not of God.

You are treading on very dangerous ground. Why do you have such a strong desire to continue this? It seems as though it might be a fantasy that you are reveling in continuing with. I don't think you should be asking advice if you don't want to accept anyone's answers. You have made the decision already on what you want to do.

Remember, Satan used the words of the Bible against Jesus in the desert. Jesus was able to turn Satan's words against him. Perhaps you won't be as strong.

Upvote 0

capnator

Jan 20, 2006
Queensland the Sunshine state :)
✟8,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay...I asked him, and he said "Jesus Christ is my lord and master...why do they think I can't say that? It's just words." He didn't act like it was hard for him to say or anything.

BluePlastic, the reason most Christians get it wrong in this area is because they hold to the false teaching of life after death.

The bible clearly teaches us that when we die we sleep awaiting for the return of Christ. It is on the foundation of the false doctrine of the immortal soul that spiritualism is thriving, and thriving even in the church.

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any [thing] that is done under the sun.

Marcus is and only can be a fallen spirit, masquerading as someone from years gone by and is working for your ultimate destruction.

The Truth About Death <----- check that out.

Upvote 0

Bouke285

It's not a sin to be wrong, but be wrong humbly!
Jul 3, 2008
Minnesota
Visit site
✟7,993.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
On demons, angels, Heaven and Hell... there are a lot of popular and wrong theology about these things.

Unfortunately, a lot of even otherwise good Christians fail to believe God on these matters.

What is important about these matters is people need to understand that evil spirits are not to be feared nor should people assume they know all on spiritual matters. Answers never come by saying, "I know, I know".

Very often I see Christians not able to take authority against wicked powers in prayer because they have learned wrong things about the spiritual world.

For instance, note the verse below, which is pretty much universally accepted as speaking of the Devil:

Note how he is described as "a man".

Ezekiel 28 also speaks of the condemnation of the Devil, and is as well, universally accepted as doing so... and also shows how he is but a man.

It even speaks of him being killed:

(If then the leader of the wicked spirits is shown to be as just a man in his end, then what of all the lesser spirits of destruction.)

Likewise, there are many such verses. For instance, Revelation 12 speaks of the Devil and 'one third of the stars of Heaven' being 'thrown down to earth'.

Further, we know from several books in the Bible angels did choose to leave their places and when they did so they became as men. And they died.

In popular Jewish literature demons were considered to be a select number of the ghosts of these ones who were doomed to wander the earth for a period of time.

Not much is spoke of such things outside of symbolic language, though Paul does mention that the saints 'will judge even the angels'. Now, consider this: will that judgment happen at the millennium, or afterwards. And either way, is it not so that we 'do not swear by the Great City for that is the City of the King'? And where is that great city, but on earth.

As we are asked to pray: "Your Kingdom come on earth as it is in Heaven".

People also fail to understand Heaven. If Heaven is in the bosom of Abraham, as Jesus said, then what of Jesus? And how is it a man was able to see someone 'in the heart of Abraham' even though he was in punishment, in Hell? (Heaven is in the heart of Abraham, but the real "father of nations" is Jesus Christ.)

Also, to show how little people know about these things, consider the Lord's words on the coming of the Kingdom of God:

Luke 17

None of this is strange: for God himself came as man in the form of Jesus Christ. What then of angels?

Further, angels are described as children of God. If they are then strange beasts, how then are we also called children of God? Are we of different substance and nature, or is there more then one God?

But the Spirit of Jesus within our hearts is the Spirit of God and the wicked spirits are but as spirits of mere men of the earth: therefore, people should not be afraid to take authority over any wicked spirit.

As for 'talking to the dead', that is obvious condemned in Scripture as necromancy, though Jesus spoke to Elijah and Moses: neither were "dead" or He would not have done it.

As for Samuel being brought up from the grave through a medium:

1 Samuel 28

Notice Samuel is seen 'as coming up from the ground'.

I mentioned all of these verses on this thread, it is easy enough for people to look them up if they are ignorant of them.

It is important for people to believe what is Scripturally correct if they wish to speak on such matters, and not just what they have heard from scholars or popular opinion.

All we can do as Christians, however, is tell the truth: not all believe us. Obviously, however, it is much harder to believe on matters of Heaven then it is on matters of earth, so this does not mean someone is not a Christian just because they embrace foolish notions of spiritual powers.

We can not assume anything that isn't in scripture if God wanted us to know about it he would have shown us.

There are many demonic spirits and I too believe they may try to influence your faith if you let them. It is important not to fall into this trap you are lost to them to make up for it the demons will make your life as miserable as they can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Blue Plastic, because your spirit, which came from the Ouija board that you dabbled with, has said to you what you asked it, shows that it has no fear of you, and has come only to steal, destroy, and kill. Resist Satan, cleanse your hands, and purify your heart.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Capnator's link gave some useful verses:

Revelation 16:14
For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

John 5:28-29
Jesus said: " Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth ; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation ."

Job 7:9-10
As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. He shall return no more to his house , neither shall his place know him any more .

Psalm 146:2-3
While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being. Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing , neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun .

Some others...

Mt 14:26, Mr 6:49 When the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out in fear.
A necromancer is one who interrogates the dead, hoping to find the future. Divining is a similar word.

A Divination commentary: http://www.studylight.org/dic/ebd/view.cgi?number=T1047

1 Samuel 28:7 Saul seeking out a necromancer instead of God's response.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
F

freeport

We can not assume anything that isn't in scripture if God wanted us to know about it he would have shown us.

There are many demonic spirits and I too believe they may try to influence your faith if you let them. It is important not to fall into this trap you are lost to them to make up for it the demons will make your life as miserable as they can.

This is why I used Scripture. There is no controversy here, we are simply to test all spirits.

The point of the Scriptures I showed was specifically to point out that people are making assumptions about those things which God has not told them.

As to whether what I wrote comes from God, it does, but what it means, is another matter whether or not God shows someone.

I would be wrong to claim credit for that which God has shown me. Scripture and the spiritual matters are entirely locked up from man, unless God shows one otherwise.

No amount of reasoning may unlock that which God has locked.

It is therefore enough merely to encourage people to test the spirits, without going into details they have not been shown by God but have merely read of in books or told of by others.

Upvote 0
F

freeport

<snip>
Some others...

Mt 14:26, Mr 6:49 When the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out in fear.
A necromancer is one who interrogates the dead, hoping to find the future. Divining is a similar word.

A Divination commentary: Divination - Easton's Bible Dictionary on StudyLight.org

1 Samuel 28:7 Saul seeking out a necromancer instead of God's response.

There is much written of sheol in Scripture. And we know the "foundations of the earth are shaken".

In Revelation 11 we see:

"We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign.
18The nations were angry; and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your saints and those who reverence your name,
both small and great—
and for destroying those who destroy the earth."

Yet how is that for it also says just before that:

"The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ,
and he will reign for ever and ever."

Therefore, how is it the dead are judged at that time: and note this is before the third woe which is where the beast and false prophet are spoken of. This is before the destruction of the mystical "Babylon".

In fact, this is before the verse which speaks of "the Word of God being revealed from Heaven".

Revelation 19:

11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

For that verse is after the death and resurrection (symbolic) of the two witnesses.

And before the third woe entirely.

As the three woes are shown to happen in sequential order, we know then many mysteries of God are plainly locked up.

In fact, in Revelation 20 we see:

11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

And this is written after:

7When the thousand years are over

But is it sequential, or simply showing John a big picture view of matters?

This is not revealed to the Church: 'of that day and hour, no one knows, not the angels in Heaven, not even the Son, but only the Father who is in Heaven'.

Now if Jesus was there simply speaking of a singular event, why use the words both "day" and "hour"? And if these do not know of such matter, then how are theologians and the church supposed to?

Otherwise, the mysteries of the grave - metaphorically, 'the foundations of the earth' (though that also speaks of other matters) is written through out the prophets, including the Psalms and through the whole of Scripture.

Clearly, ghosts have walked the earth as demons, therefore, as I showed Scripture proving this: but clearly as well there is a time when that no longer happens.

All such matters are locked from men, and there is no reason to pry unless God gives it to them - not theologians - and it suffices it for us to 'test all spirits'.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was flipping channels the other day, and on the ghost hunting show a person was shouting out in pain. I stopped to see what it was -- they had been scratched on the back of the leg, and it was visible... increasing in visibility and burning over time.

They continued in the room, because they were so intent on finding more evidence of a deceased person. I didn't watch long enough to find out if they lived through the experience. (-; Hope they did.

These stories of being injured are common, and some have been filmed in action. Non-Christians involved in spirit activity usually recognize that even "good" spirits have a mind of their own, and a risky side to them.

Look back on the world religions where people appeased gods various ways. They balanced fear with worship -- usually more fear than adoration. The Greek gods were selfish, the Mayan gods wanted blood. When we get involved in the supernatural realm (or dead people realm... whatever it is), we take risks that intangible beings will do something unpredictable that we can't control or stop.

Jesus has the power to stop spirits dead in their tracks.

Upvote 0

LionDog1

His sheep know His voice
Aug 1, 2009
Black Canyon City, Arizona
✟15,786.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
(reposted from the exploring Christianity forum. :))

This is a weird thing I'm about to say, and I would like people to be respectful of the fact that this is a real experience I have and that I'm not lying.

I am a very new Christian, after a long time as an atheist and former pagan. I have always sort of...sensed spirits, for lack of a better term. And since about the year 2000, I have spoken with a ghost and become personal friends with him. I know a lot about his mortal life, why he likes me and talks to me, etc. He has been my friend through a lot of hard times, and I was wondering what the view of my new faith was on spirits like him. I know there is obviously a problem with witchcraft or devils, but he is a very good person, who was Christian in life, even. What's the scoop?

My personal opinion is one of that when a person dies, that person is dead. Until the resurrection anyway. I do believe in demons in whatever form, and if I were to ever assume I saw or had a personal experience with a ghost that it is or was actually a demon.

Demons have walked the earth since the creation, and who else better to wear the guise of a familiar spirit?

Just my opinion

:confused:

Upvote 0

LionDog1

His sheep know His voice
Aug 1, 2009
✟15,786.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
(reposted from the exploring Christianity forum. :))

This is a weird thing I'm about to say, and I would like people to be respectful of the fact that this is a real experience I have and that I'm not lying.

I am a very new Christian, after a long time as an atheist and former pagan. I have always sort of...sensed spirits, for lack of a better term. And since about the year 2000, I have spoken with a ghost and become personal friends with him. I know a lot about his mortal life, why he likes me and talks to me, etc. He has been my friend through a lot of hard times, and I was wondering what the view of my new faith was on spirits like him. I know there is obviously a problem with witchcraft or devils, but he is a very good person, who was Christian in life, even. What's the scoop?

Actually I believe ghosts (familiar/non-familiar spirits) are demons. I also personally believe that a person dies he/she remains dead unto the resurrection.

:confused:

"Sorry didnt think that last post went through, atleast it's not quite a double post"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LionDog1

His sheep know His voice
Aug 1, 2009
✟15,786.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
On demons, angels, Heaven and Hell... there are a lot of popular and wrong theology about these things.

Unfortunately, a lot of even otherwise good Christians fail to believe God on these matters.

What is important about these matters is people need to understand that evil spirits are not to be feared nor should people assume they know all on spiritual matters. Answers never come by saying, "I know, I know".

Very often I see Christians not able to take authority against wicked powers in prayer because they have learned wrong things about the spiritual world.

For instance, note the verse below, which is pretty much universally accepted as speaking of the Devil:

Note how he is described as "a man".

Ezekiel 28 also speaks of the condemnation of the Devil, and is as well, universally accepted as doing so... and also shows how he is but a man.

It even speaks of him being killed:

(If then the leader of the wicked spirits is shown to be as just a man in his end, then what of all the lesser spirits of destruction.)

Likewise, there are many such verses. For instance, Revelation 12 speaks of the Devil and 'one third of the stars of Heaven' being 'thrown down to earth'.

Further, we know from several books in the Bible angels did choose to leave their places and when they did so they became as men. And they died.

In popular Jewish literature demons were considered to be a select number of the ghosts of these ones who were doomed to wander the earth for a period of time.

Not much is spoke of such things outside of symbolic language, though Paul does mention that the saints 'will judge even the angels'. Now, consider this: will that judgment happen at the millennium, or afterwards. And either way, is it not so that we 'do not swear by the Great City for that is the City of the King'? And where is that great city, but on earth.

As we are asked to pray: "Your Kingdom come on earth as it is in Heaven".

People also fail to understand Heaven. If Heaven is in the bosom of Abraham, as Jesus said, then what of Jesus? And how is it a man was able to see someone 'in the heart of Abraham' even though he was in punishment, in Hell? (Heaven is in the heart of Abraham, but the real "father of nations" is Jesus Christ.)

Also, to show how little people know about these things, consider the Lord's words on the coming of the Kingdom of God:

Luke 17

None of this is strange: for God himself came as man in the form of Jesus Christ. What then of angels?

Further, angels are described as children of God. If they are then strange beasts, how then are we also called children of God? Are we of different substance and nature, or is there more then one God?

But the Spirit of Jesus within our hearts is the Spirit of God and the wicked spirits are but as spirits of mere men of the earth: therefore, people should not be afraid to take authority over any wicked spirit.

[1] As for 'talking to the dead', that is obvious condemned in Scripture as necromancy, though Jesus spoke to Elijah and Moses: neither were "dead" or He would not have done it.

[2] As for Samuel being brought up from the grave through a medium:

1 Samuel 28

Notice Samuel is seen 'as coming up from the ground'.

I mentioned all of these verses on this thread, it is easy enough for people to look them up if they are ignorant of them.

It is important for people to believe what is Scripturally correct if they wish to speak on such matters, and not just what they have heard from scholars or popular opinion.

All we can do as Christians, however, is tell the truth: not all believe us. Obviously, however, it is much harder to believe on matters of Heaven then it is on matters of earth, so this does not mean someone is not a Christian just because they embrace foolish notions of spiritual powers.

[1] It was a "VISION ONLY" all visions throughout scripture are not real time, but they are of future events. Thus this vision depicted Elijah and Moses in their glorified states with the Messiah in the resurrection:

And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead. Matthew 17:9;

And they kept that saying with themselves, questioning one with another what the rising from the dead should mean. Mark 9:1-10

[2] Saul never saw Samuel. Saul asked the "witch" what "she saw". The "witch" stated she saw "I saw gods ascending out of the earth". (Note: a little hocus pocus here? Why would the need to descend out of the earth? Should they not just materialize?).

Saul asked what this "god" looked like. She said like an old man wearing a mantle (Mantle: position of authority). (Note: If you asked me what spirit I just conjured up for you looked like, and I told you an old man, would you take that as a relative?).

Saul "perceived" that it was Samuel (percieved: detected by instinct or inference rather than by recognized perceptuel cues). Thus he excepted it was Samuel by no more than her assumptions. And then what did saul do?

He bowed down to it! No wonder 'Elohim put him on ignore status.

Then Saul goes on and speaks to the thing he "perceives".

And what does this thing he perceives as Samuel say? (More hocus pocus time), "Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up"? Disquieted him from what? Heaven or hell? And "bring me up"? Again bring him up from where? Heaven or Hell?

Wow, Saul is buying into all this, just like many christians do!

Now here is the scary part! What does Samuel (perceved) say to Saul? "Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy"?

You see that? Even this thing perceived as Samuel knowsthat Saul taking it to the next step and seekig out a witch, Saul has becomes 'Elohims ENEMY! What of all them christians today who believe in ghosts/spirits, and even commincate with them or seek out those who alledgedly can?

'Elohim is their ENEMY! 'Elohim has not changed. He is the same from day one!

You see you dn't need to worry about demons, ouji boards, or those who talk to the dead for you, you need to worry about 'Elohim because he has become your ENEMY!

Upvote 0
F

freeport

[1] It was a "VISION ONLY" all visions throughout scripture are not real time, but they are of future events. Thus this vision depicted Elijah and Moses in their glorified states with the Messiah in the resurrection:

And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead. Matthew 17:9;

And they kept that saying with themselves, questioning one with another what the rising from the dead should mean. Mark 9:1-10

[2] Saul never saw Samuel. Saul asked the "witch" what "she saw". The "witch" stated she saw "I saw gods ascending out of the earth". (Note: a little hocus pocus here? Why would the need to descend out of the earth? Should they not just materialize?).

Saul asked what this "god" looked like. She said like an old man wearing a mantle (Mantle: position of authority). (Note: If you asked me what spirit I just conjured up for you looked like, and I told you an old man, would you take that as a relative?).

Saul "perceived" that it was Samuel (percieved: detected by instinct or inference rather than by recognized perceptuel cues). Thus he excepted it was Samuel by no more than her assumptions. And then what did saul do?

He bowed down to it! No wonder 'Elohim put him on ignore status.

Then Saul goes on and speaks to the thing he "perceives".

And what does this thing he perceives as Samuel say? (More hocus pocus time), "Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up"? Disquieted him from what? Heaven or hell? And "bring me up"? Again bring him up from where? Heaven or Hell?

Wow, Saul is buying into all this, just like many christians do!

Now here is the scary part! What does Samuel (perceved) say to Saul? "Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy"?

You see that? Even this thing perceived as Samuel knowsthat Saul taking it to the next step and seekig out a witch, Saul has becomes 'Elohims ENEMY! What of all them christians today who believe in ghosts/spirits, and even commincate with them or seek out those who alledgedly can?

'Elohim is their ENEMY! 'Elohim has not changed. He is the same from day one!

You see you dn't need to worry about demons, ouji boards, or those who talk to the dead for you, you need to worry about 'Elohim because he has become your ENEMY!

Wow. Thank you for explaining that.

I had heard that was future Moses and Elijah, but did not catch the critical difference: that they spoke to Jesus, but it does not say Jesus spoke to them.

Note: You see this in Revelation, if one pays attention.

However, John the Baptist and Elijah were one and the same. And there is deep meaning to the verse, 'the dead in Christ will rise first'.

As for 'coming out of the ground' being "hocus pocus", all such things (going up into the sky or into the ground) are metaphoric so people can understand.

All spirits must be tested whether they be of God or not. They must be made to admit Jesus as Lord and exclaim that Jesus came in the flesh, as the Apostles advised.

As for witchcraft, the real witchcraft is not looking to God, but looking to one's own way, 'the sin of disobedience is like the sin of witchcraft'. So when people look to medicine or science or anything else but God for solutions to their life's problems they are being disobedient and practicing witchcraft.

As always, what matters, however, is what is in the heart.

As for that last part on witchcraft, this is spoken of in Revelation. Not that many seek to consult the dead for advice, so why then is witchcraft spoken of as one of the primary sins?

Jesus came and cured the sick, so why then do people turn to their own will and understanding for cures?

Because of weak faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LionDog1

His sheep know His voice
Aug 1, 2009
✟15,786.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Wow. Thank you for explaining that.

I had heard that was future Moses and Elijah, but did not catch the critical difference: that they spoke to Jesus, but it does not say Jesus spoke to them.

Note: You see this in Revelation, if one pays attention.

However, John the Baptist and Elijah were one and the same. And there is deep meaning to the verse, 'the dead in Christ will rise first'.

As for 'coming out of the ground' being "hocus pocus", all such things (going up into the sky or into the ground) are metaphoric so people can understand.

All spirits must be tested whether they be of God or not. They must be made to admit Jesus as Lord and exclaim that Jesus came in the flesh, as the Apostles advised.

As for witchcraft, the real witchcraft is not looking to God, but looking to one's own way, 'the sin of disobedience is like the sin of witchcraft'. So when people look to medicine or science or anything else but God for solutions to their life's problems they are being disobedient and practicing witchcraft.

As always, what matters, however, is what is in the heart.

As for that last part on witchcraft, this is spoken of in Revelation. Not that many seek to consult the dead for advice, so why then is witchcraft spoken of as one of the primary sins?

Jesus came and cured the sick, so why then do people turn to their own will and understanding for cures?

Because of weak faith.

:preach:

THE FIRST RESURRECTION

And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just. Luke 14:14

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:29

Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Yeshua HaMashiach said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: John 11:24

For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection: Romans 6:5

For if the casting away of them [be] the reconciling of the world, what [shall] the receiving [of them be], but life from the dead? Romans 11:15

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep [be dead], but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory? 1Corinthians 15:51-55

Beloved, now are we the sons of 'Elohim, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1John 3:2

And have hope toward 'Elohim, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. Act 24:15

If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Philomon 3:11

Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. Hebrew 6:2 <- Notice the order?

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection. Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of 'Elohim and of Yeshua HaMashiach, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:5-6

And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, [there were] very many in the open valley; and, lo, [they were] very dry. And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord 'ELOHIM, thou knowest. Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Thus saith the Lord 'ELOHIM unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD. Ezekiel 37:2-6

:liturgy:

What is the second death?

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:29

And have hope toward 'Elohim, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. Act 24:15

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. Revelation 2:11

Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of 'Elohim and of Yeshua HaMashiach, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:6

And death and hell [grave] were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. Revelation 20:14

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Revelation 21:8

HTML:
Behold, I come quickly: blessed [is] he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Upvote 0
F

freeport

I don't talk, explicitly on the resurrection of the dead, sheol, and the Second
Coming of Christ because I do not see a reason to do so.

For me, I never put someone "on ignore". But, if they say, "I know, I know", how
can they be told anything either by someone else or the anointing in their own
heart? And arrogance is like the sin of idolatry.

They put themselves "on ignore".

We have all seen this constantly through our lives. Even unbelievers understand
this, the Greeks mentioned this attitude to have about learning.

So, all of that information I keep to myself.

Anyway, if anyone needs to know anything, why can't they get it from God?

What does it mean for instance, 'the dead in Christ will rise first'.

And so on.

I don't judge or accuse people however. Why should I? One is blessed, the other
is not blessed -- same difference to me. If they do error it is because they are cursed.

I do get angry about sin, I can get furious in an instant.

But, generally I keep the peace to myself and let people go on in their little foolish
circles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.