elijahorao

Nov 20, 2005
Australia
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You said; "I showed that the “sabbath” was not given for 2,000 years – not until Israel came to Sinai."

Well you didn't show any such thing. What you did show, was Exodus 16 which 'proves' by scripture that the 'sabbath commandment' including "God's law" existed BEFORE Israel came to Mt Sinai. Well done. I think that is called 'shooting yourself in the foot'.

You also say; "Therefore I know that the “sabbath” was NOT holy from the first 7th day on."

HOW DO YOU CONCLUDE THIS IN LIGHT OF A SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS THIS;

Genesis 2:3 "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

DOES 'SANCTIFY' MEAN 'HID' or 'IGNORED' or 'MADE COMMON'?

Then you said; "Israel did not exist for that 2,000 years. Therefore I know that the “sabbath” was not around BEFORE Israel was around."

Oh!?! What does 'ISRAEL' mean?

<H3>Genesis 32:28 "And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed."

It means to 'rule', 'prevail', 'have strength with' God. (So we see that 'Israel' DID EXIST BEFORE YOU SAID) and can of course be traced right back through Noah to Adam (who also kept the seventh day holy AND knew it was wrong to kill)

SO! this name was given to 'Jacob'.

And who is Jacob? Jacob is Isaac's seed.

And who is Isaac?

<H3>Genesis 17:19 "And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him."

EVERLASTING COVENANT?
Hebrews, chapter 13:20 "Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the EVERLASTING COVENANT,"

ISAAC IS ABRAHAM'S SEED WITH WHOM THE EVERLASTING COVENANT IS ESTABLISHED.

ROMANS 9:6 "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL, WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL:

"7": Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

"8": That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED."

As for the charge of 'idolatry', you would do well to look to yourself, who fits far better the characters described in Ezekiel 8:16, because, keeping sabbath in spirit and truth IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN A GUARD AGAINST IDOLATRY. (of which 'sun worship' is the most abominable form) Sabbath keeping reminds us that we are 'creatures', 'created beings' and this keeps us focussed on THE CREATOR of heaven and earth, the seas and the fountains of waters and every living thing.

HOW CAN THAT BE IDOLATRY???????

</H3>
</H3>As for Hebrews 2:8, it is clear that what is unfulfilled is "everything being put under His feet", but in the day described in ISAIAH66:23, "ALL FLESH" shall be under His feet. NO MISTAKING THE 'CONTEXT' THERE AT ALL.

Upvote 0

elijahorao

Nov 20, 2005
Australia
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saying the weekly sabbath "was nailed to the cross" is a 'catch cry' of those who cry "grace without law!" with no scripture to support it (indeed, James politely rebukes this);

JAMES 2:17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

"18": Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

"19": Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

"20": But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

"21": Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

"22": Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

"23": And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

"24": Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

"25": Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

"26": For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

. What was nailed to the cross was Jesus, Our Sacrifice/Passover, Who put an end to the ceremonial law forever, in that He 'fulfilled it'.

Upvote 0

elijahorao

Nov 20, 2005
Australia
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MATHEW 5:18 "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

"19": Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Upvote 0
A

Apollos1

Eli &#8211;

Atta boy! Give some scripture for what you believe. Hopefully repeated exposure will bring you a lot closer to the truth. Hey, I can always hope for you.

MATTHEW 5:18 - For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Why do you continue to have issues with this verse? Jesus said HE came to FULFILL in verse 17. Jesus said the law could not pass UNTIL all be fulfilled in verse 18. In Luke 24:44 Jesus said he HAD FULFILLED all things &#8211; therefore the law COULD pass!

The &#8220;THEREFORE&#8221; in Matthew 5 refers back to &#8220;till all be fulfilled&#8221;. The law was to be observed UNTIL all things were fulfilled, and then the law could pass.
- - - - - - - - - -

Apollos said - "I showed that the &#8220;sabbath&#8221; was not given for 2,000 years &#8211; not until Israel came to Sinai."

Eli said in response - Well you didn't show any such thing. What you did show, was Exodus 16 which 'proves' by scripture that the 'sabbath commandment' including "God's law" existed BEFORE Israel came to Mt Sinai. Well done. I think that is called 'shooting yourself in the foot'.

What I know is that from Genesis 2:3 forward to Exodus 16, there is NO mention of the &#8220;sabbath&#8221;. There is not ONE example of &#8220;sabbath&#8221; observance and not ONE mention that it should be observed. Now you seem like a resourceful chap when it comes to your idol &#8211; find just ONE mention or observance of the &#8220;sabbath&#8221; between Genesis 2:3 and Exodus 16:23.

Helpful hints: Get a concordance and look up &#8220;sabbath&#8221;. Finger that page up and down &#8211; you ain&#8217;t gonna find your idol anywhere before Exodus 16:23. She ain&#8217;t there!

Next, as you have resources to do it, try an electronic search. Maybe you can get to Blue Letter Bible online, e-Sword, or some other free resource if you don&#8217;t have a pricey Bible program already. ANY of these will show NO SABBATH prior to Exodus 16:23 ! Now WHY is that Eli? Will you tell me, hmmmm?

Therefore I say again &#8211; I know that the &#8220;sabbath&#8221; was NOT given in Genesis 2:3 and that the sabbath was not observed before given to only Israel as a &#8220;sign&#8221; at Sinai. Why? Because this is the Bible record!

Eli goes on to ask&#8230; HOW DO YOU CONCLUDE THIS IN LIGHT OF A SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS THIS;
Genesis 2:3 -"And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."
DOES 'SANCTIFY' MEAN 'HID' or 'IGNORED' or 'MADE COMMON'?.....

The definition is: Sanctify (from Strong) &#8211; (Hb. = &#8220;qadash&#8221;) - appoint, bid, consecrate, dedicate, defile, hallow, (be, keep) holy (-er, place), keep, prepare, proclaim, purify, sanctify (-ied one, self), X wholly.

So Eli, what is your point? Do not expect me to &#8220;read into&#8221; the passage as you do. I don&#8217;t serve that idol! I say God set apart/dedicated the SEVENTH day for future use. As God RESTED (ceased from creating) on the SEVENTH day, so did Israel (only) was given a &#8220;rest&#8221; beginning 2,000 years later.
- - - - - - - - - -

Apollos said - "Israel did not exist for that 2,000 years. Therefore I know that the &#8220;sabbath&#8221; was not around BEFORE Israel was around." [God gave the &#8220;rest&#8221; to Israel because Israel had no rest in Egypt &#8211; Deut. 5:15. This &#8220;rest&#8221; was a &#8220;sign&#8221; between God and Israel &#8211; Ex. 31:13,17].

Eli responded - Oh!?! What does 'ISRAEL' mean? Genesis 32:28&#8230;And who is Jacob? Jacob is Isaac's seed.
And who is Isaac? Genesis 17:19&#8230; ... ... ...

The definition is: &#8220;Israel&#8221; &#8211; literally, he will rule as God;a symbolical name of Jacob; also (typically) of his posterity: - Israel.

Eli said - - -EVERLASTING COVENANT?
Hebrews 13:20 - "Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the EVERLASTING COVENANT," ... ... ... ...

The &#8220;sabbath&#8221; containing (old) covenant made only with the physical posterity of Jacob (Israel) at Sinai was ratified with the blood of bulls and goats Heb. 9:12-14,18-22, 10:1-4,19.

The &#8220;everlasting&#8221; covenant mentioned here in Hebrews 13 has been ratified with the blood of Christ &#8211; Hebrews 9:12. Hence, it is a different covenant than that made with the physical posterity of Jacob. The &#8220;everlasting&#8221; covenant has no &#8220;sabbath&#8221; provisions of any kind included in it.

Eli used &#8211;
ISAAC IS ABRAHAM'S SEED WITH WHOM THE EVERLASTING COVENANT IS ESTABLISHED.

ROMANS 9:6 "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL, WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL:
7: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8: That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED."

The &#8220;everlasting&#8221; covenant (Heb. 13) is for ALL those that are &#8220;children of the promise&#8221;. These are those who by faith have become sons of God, heirs according to the promise &#8211; Galatians 3:7-29. cf. Romans 2:28-29, Col. 2:11, Philippians 3:3. The &#8220;Israel&#8221; mentioned in these verses is not a group dependent upon a physical relationship of linage for their identity. This &#8220;Israel has a spiritual relationship based upon faith in Christ, and therefore can be accurately referred the &#8220;spiritual Israel&#8221; of God.
- - - - - - - - - -

Upvote 0
A

Apollos1

Just a couple more points...

Eli said - As for Hebrews 2:8, it is clear that what is unfulfilled is "everything being put under His feet", but in the day described in ISAIAH66:23, "ALL FLESH" shall be under His feet. NO MISTAKING THE 'CONTEXT' THERE AT ALL.

First, you did not answer what I asked you. What does UNFULFILLED and SUBJECTION have to do with each other? They are NOT the same word &#8211; do NOT mean the same thing. You want to avoid my question and continue to act as if the words are synonymous. If something has not been SUBJECTED to Christ, it does not mean something was UNFULFILLED. Define the words! You have to know what words mean or you will continue to make the same mistake you have made here twice.

Seocnd, Isaiah 66:23 tells of a time of future worship (by the church) to God and uses language familiar to the Jewish people to describe that time. So what? Not only did you take it out of context &#8211; you did not make any connection from this verse to Hebrews 2:8. Of course, there is NO connection to establish. &#8220;All flesh&#8221; is not found in Hebrews 2:8 and &#8220;under His feet&#8221; is not found in Isaiah 66:23. So do you think you still have a point?

Eli said - Saying the weekly sabbath "was nailed to the cross" is a 'catch cry' of those who cry "grace without law!" with no scripture to support it (indeed, James [2:17] politely rebukes this);

This assertion is not what I believe at all. I believe what Paul wrote in&#8230;

Colossians 2:14&#8211; &#8220;&#8230;having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out that way, nailing it to the cross&#8230;&#8221;

Compare this to what Paul wrote about the same time, while he was in prison&#8230;

Ephesians 2:15 &#8211; &#8220;&#8230;having abolished in the flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; that he might create in himself of the two one new man, so making peace&#8230;&#8221;

In the &#8220;flesh&#8221; of Christ &#8211; at the cross &#8211; that OLD covenant once made with physical Israel only at Sinai was &#8220;ABOLISHED&#8221; &#8211; nailed to that cross &#8211; ALL of it including the &#8220;commandments&#8221; ! By fulfilling ALL things Christ made it possible for &#8220;the Law&#8221; to pass, which made it possible for the &#8220;everlasting&#8221; covenant to be established with those who by faith in Christ are reckoned as the &#8220;seed&#8221; of Abraham, heirs according to the promise &#8211; the spiritual Israel of God. These "heirs" follow the &#8220;law of Christ&#8221;.

Eli, the "Law" passed. Give up that law and the sabbath it contains. That idol rules your world!

Upvote 0

elijahorao

Nov 20, 2005
Australia
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have a read (and may God help you comprehend)

Hebrews, chapter 10:1": For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

"2": For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

"3": But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

"4": For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

"5": Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

"6": In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

"7": Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

"8": Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

"9": Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

"10": By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

THIS IS WHAT JESUS NAILED TO THE CROSS!
iT IS STILL SIN TO KILL, STEAL, TAKE THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN, COMMIT ADULTERY, COVET, COMMIT IDOLATRY etc
How is it you do not understand that the ten commands are about 'relationship conduct' (THE THINGS WE 'DO')
Jesus took away the 'law of sacrifices, (THE THINGS SYMBOLIC OF HIM)

There is no point addressing any of your other misscomprehensions if you cannot get this.

Upvote 0

elijahorao

Nov 20, 2005
Australia
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's an interesting time of year to examine the question; "Christian traditions; How close are we?"
Because, much of what we call 'christian traditions' are actualy 'idolatrous traditions'. It is 'easter' now, and people as a whole are conned into the belief that they are keeping 'passover' by keeping 'easter'. Passover has it's roots in christ, but easter has it's roots in the worship of a fertility goddess (thus 'fertility' symbols of the eggs and rabbits) Why is the date of easter set according to the moon? The moons cycles are a 28 day event like the human menstrual cycle, and it has long been associated with human fertility.
What has happened?
Who has pushed this error?
Why?
Does it matter?
Does it stop here?
No! Christmas is a con too, at this time of year most 'western' humans lie to their children and tell them that some mystical 'good' father who is a giver of gifts will come and reward them if they have been good.
YUK!! How gross and offensive is that when you prayerfully examine the fraud?
How close are we?

Upvote 0
A

Apollos1

To Eli &#8211;

Eli said - Have a read (and may God help you comprehend)

Hebrews, chapter 10:1": For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

THIS [Hebrews 10] IS WHAT JESUS NAILED TO THE CROSS!

First, this chapter does not cover everything that was &#8220;nailed to the cross&#8221;. It is a good start, but do you realize what the other chapters of Hebrews are covering as well? There was a change OF the law and of the &#8220;priesthood&#8221; &#8211; Hb. 7:12. A new covenant &#8211; Hb. 8:8, 9:15. A new mediator, high priest, sacrifice for sins&#8230; a &#8220;new&#8221; salvation (Hb. 2:3). ALL of this was not possible under the old covenant. The OLD covenant made with Israel was not revamped or amended &#8211; a NEW covenant came to be. That is why, just as God always planned from creation, a NEW covenant, with NEW terms and conditions was ratified.

But this NEW covenant does not include a &#8220;sabbath&#8221; day of any form or fashion. This is why you struggle to incorporate bits and pieces from that OLD covenant. You just don&#8217;t want to give up that &#8220;sabbath&#8221; day! You have been duped into thinking there is something eternal and moral about keeping it. Such is not the truth.

Second, the point is made and must be observed that the OT can NOT be partialed and/or subdivided. It was a &#8220;covenant&#8221; and as such it was &#8220;all or none&#8221;.

Galatians 5:3 &#8211; &#8220;&#8230;I testify again to every man that receiveth circumcision, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.&#8221;

James 2:10 &#8211; &#8220;For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is become guilty of all.

Both Paul and James relay the point that &#8220;the Law&#8221; could not be observed in the points you wanted and ignored in the others. ALL had to be observed! The attempt to parse &#8220;the Law&#8221; into &#8220;moral&#8221; and &#8220;ceremonial&#8221; divisions, saying one part was kept for today and the other parts were abolished, and that one part must be observed today and the other discarded is without scriptural warrant! I have already alluded to this point back in my post #9 at the start of this thread.

Third, to say that only that which is contained in Hebrews 10 was abolished contradicts many passages of scripture including that which was just offered above&#8230;

Colossians 2:14&#8211; &#8220;&#8230;having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out that way, nailing it to the cross&#8230;&#8221;

-and-

Ephesians 2:15 &#8211; &#8220;&#8230;having abolished in the flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; that he might create in himself of the two one new man, so making peace&#8230;&#8221;

In the &#8220;flesh&#8221; of Christ &#8211; at the cross &#8211; that OLD covenant once made with physical Israel only at Sinai was &#8220;ABOLISHED&#8221; &#8211; nailed to that cross &#8211; ALL of it including the &#8220;commandments&#8221; !

Eli - iT IS STILL SIN TO KILL, STEAL, TAKE THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN, COMMIT ADULTERY, COVET, COMMIT IDOLATRY etc.

Of course it still is, because such is covered/included in the NEW covenant, such as in Romans 13:9.

Eli - How is it you do not understand that the ten commands are about 'relationship conduct' (THE THINGS WE 'DO')

I do understand what the TC&#8217;s were about and what they were for &#8211; cf. Galatians 3:24-25. But now I am looking for the deeper, more spiritual relationship as afforded by the NEW covenant and the &#8220;better&#8221; things it offers. Cf. Matthew 5:23, 28, 32, 34, 39, 44, Hebrews 7:19,22, 8:6,10, 9:23.

Eli - Jesus took away the 'law of sacrifices, (THE THINGS SYMBOLIC OF HIM)

Yes Jesus did, but this are not the ONLY things He took away.

Eli - There is no point addressing any of your other misscomprehensions if you cannot get this.

This remark is somewhat amusing. As I look back over the posts that you and I have exchanged thus far, I notice that something is missing. What is missing from YOU is&#8230;

WHEN &#8211; Eli, tell us WHEN the &#8220;sabbath&#8221; was first given. Scripture(s) please&#8230;
Tell me WHEN the first &#8220;sabbath&#8221; was observed. Scripture please&#8230;

WHO &#8211; Eli, tell us WHO the &#8220;sabbath&#8221; was given to. Scripture(s) please&#8230;

WHY &#8211; Eli, why was the &#8220;sabbath&#8221; given to the &#8220;who&#8221; above. Scripture(s) please&#8230;

WHERE &#8211; Tell us WHERE the &#8220;who&#8221; above was when the &#8220;sabbath&#8221; was given to them. Scripture(s) please&#8230;

WHERE are your scriptures? WHY haven&#8217;t you given them? WHEN can we expect to receive them? WHO can help you with that &#8211; anyone?

For all of your elaborate &#8220;lip service&#8221; the only scripture you have offered for any of the above is Genesis 2:3. This verse was &#8220;shot down&#8221; in spiraling flames because it did not support your assertion. Do you have anything else to offer?

You can mitigate, assume, and assert all you care to about the &#8220;sabbath&#8221;, but until you come up with some scripture to prove what you are saying, you can take a &#8220;rest&#8221;!

Eli, my desire and supplication is for you that you will establish a relationship with God according to the knowledge of Him that calls you by His own glory and virtue. This won&#8217;t happen until your give your idols up! That &#8220;idol&#8221; is that &#8220;sabbath&#8221; you cso desperately cling to.

Upvote 0

elijahorao

Nov 20, 2005
Australia
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
TO APOLLOS (ISN’T THAT THE NAME OF A GREEK GOD?)

I HAVE REPOSTED YOUR SUBMISSION WITH ‘RIGHT’ COMMENTS IN BLOCK LETTERS

Eli said - Have a read (and may God help you comprehend)

*Hebrews, chapter 10:1": For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

*THIS [Hebrews 10] IS WHAT JESUS NAILED TO THE CROSS!

First, this chapter does not cover everything that was “*nailed to the cross*”. It is a good start, but do you realize what the other chapters of Hebrews are covering as well? There was a change OF the law and of the “priesthood” – Hb. 7:12. A new covenant – Hb. 8:8, 9:15. A new mediator, high priest, sacrifice for sins (IT IS CLEAR FROM HEBREWS 9:1,2 THAT THIS IS ABOUT THE SANCTUARY SERVICE, NOT THE TEN COMMANDMENTS)… a “new” salvation (Hb. 2:3) (THAT IS WHACKO. DO YOU THINK THAT MOSES APPEARED BEFORE JESUS RESSURECTED BY ANY SALVATION OTHER THAN CHRIST’S???). ALL of this was not possible under the old covenant. The OLD covenant made with Israel was not revamped or amended – a NEW covenant came to be. That is why, just as God always planned from creation, a NEW covenant, with NEW terms and conditions was ratified. (WHAT COVENANT DO YOU THINK MOSES WAS RAISED TO APPEAR TO JESUS UNDER?)

But this NEW covenant does not include a “sabbath” day of any form or fashion. (DERR! SALVATION IS NOT ABOUT SABBATH KEEPING, SABBATH KEEPING IS ABOUT LOVE/RESPECT TOWARD GOD. THE FOURTH COMMAND IS TOWARD GOD AS THE FIFTH COMMAND IS TOWARD PARENTS) This is why you struggle to incorporate bits and pieces from that OLD covenant. You just don’t want to give up that “sabbath” day! You have been duped into thinking there is something eternal and moral about keeping it. Such is not the truth. (YOU ARE MAKING PRESUMPTIONS ABOUT THE WORKINGS OF MY HEART AND MIND HERE. I KEEP IT IN HONOUR, RESPECT, REMEMBERANCE OF GOD AS CREATOR. AS JESUS SAID, “YOUR JUDGEMENT ON ME FITS YOU BEST”)

Second, the point is made and must be observed that the OT can NOT be partialed and/or subdivided. It was a “covenant” and as such it was “all or none”. THE OT IS NOT A COVENANT. THE OT IS SCRIPTURES, AND BOTH THE OLD AND NEW COVENANT ARE WRITTEN ABOUT, IN IT)

*Galatians 5:3* – “…I testify again to every man that receiveth circumcision, that he is a debtor to do the *whole law*.” (THIS IS ABOUT CIRCUMCISION! WHERE IN THE TEN COMMANDS DO WE READ ABOUT CIRCUMCISION???????)

*James 2:10* – “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is become guilty *of all*. (THIS DOES NOT SAY THE LAW IS OVER, IT SIMPLY SAYS THAT SIN IS SIN WHETHER YOU STEAL OR KILL, IT IS THE SAME)

Both Paul and James relay the point that “the Law” could not be observed in the points you wanted and ignored in the others. ALL had to be observed! (YOU MIXED THE TWO UP. JAMES IS SAYING THAT SIN IS SIN AND PAUL IS SAYING THAT IF YOU RELY ON CEREMONIAL SACRIFICES YOU MUST GET EVERYTHING ELSE RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT ACCEPTING CHRIST DERR!!!) The attempt to parse “the Law” into “moral” and “ceremonial” divisions, saying one was kepty and the other abolished, and that one must be observed and the other ignored is without scriptural warrant! (BOLLOCKS! YOU ARE CONFUSED. THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NOT HAVING YOUR PENIS ALTERED AND KILLING A HUMAN) I have already once alluded to this point already back in my post #9 at the start of this thread.

Third, to say that only that which is contained in Hebrews 10 was abolished contradicts many passages of scripture including that which was just offered above (BOLLOCKS! AGAIN)…

*Colossians 2:14*– “…having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out that way, *nailing it to the cross*…” (HA! HA! YOU FORGOT TO WRITE “HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES” HA! HA! WHAT SORT OF BIBLE DO YOU READ FROM???? HANDWRITING IS NOT GOD’S WRITING)
-and-

*Ephesians 2:15* – “…having *_abolished_* *in the flesh* the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances (CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES!!! WHAT HAS THIS TO DO WITH THE TEN COMMANDMENTS???? IS THOU SHALL NOT KILL ABOLISHED????); that he might create in himself of the two one new man, so making peace…”In the “*flesh*” of Christ – at the cross – that OLD covenant once made with physical Israel only at Sinai was “*ABOLISHED”* – nailed to that cross – ALL of it including the “commandments” !
Eli - iT IS STILL SIN TO KILL, STEAL, TAKE THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN, COMMIT ADULTERY, COVET, COMMIT IDOLATRY etc.

Of course it still is, because such is covered/included in the NEW covenant, such as in *Romans 13:9*.
Eli - How is it you do not understand that the ten commands are about 'relationship conduct' (THE THINGS WE 'DO')

I do understand what the TC’s were about and what they were for – cf. *Galatians 3:24-25*. But now I am looking for the deeper, more spiritual relationship (IS IT MORE ‘SPIRITUAL’ TO ‘FORGET’ WHAT GOD SAYS TO ‘REMEMBER’????)as afforded by the NEW covenant and the “better” things it offers. Cf. *Matthew 5:23, 28, 32, 34, 39, 44*, *Hebrews 7:19,22, 8:6,10, 9:23*.
Eli - Jesus took away the 'law of sacrifices, (THE THINGS SYMBOLIC OF HIM)

Yes Jesus did, but this are not the ONLY things He took away. (NO? WHAT ELSE DID HE TAKE AWAY? THOU SHALL NOT KILL?)Eli - There is no point addressing any of your other misscomprehensions if you cannot get this.

This remark is somewhat amusing. As I look back over the posts that you and I have exchanged thus far, I notice that _something is missing_. What is missing from YOU is…

*WHEN* – Eli, tell us WHEN the “sabbath” was first given. (YOU GOT THAT IN GENESIS 2:3 BUT WILL NOT RECEIVE IT BECAUSE IT HINDERS YOUR THEOLOGY)Scripture(s) please…
Tell me WHEN the first “sabbath” was observed. (GENESIS 2:2 WHERE OUR LORD SET US A GOOD EXAMPLE) Scripture please…(GENESIS 2:3 but you will not receive it………..…..yet)

*WHO* – Eli, tell us WHO the “sabbath” was given to. (THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN)Scripture(s) please…(MARK 2:7)

*WHY* – Eli, why was the “sabbath” given to the “who” above. (FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD CREATED…) Scripture(s) please…(EXODUS 20: 11": For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.)

*WHERE* – Tell us WHERE the “who” above was (IN THE GARDEN AT CREATION GENESIS 2:2)when the “sabbath” was given to them. Scripture(s) please…

WHERE are your scriptures? WHY haven’t you given them? WHEN can we expect to receive them? WHO can help you with that – anyone? (YES, THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH IS A GREAT HELP. YOU HAVE THE SCRIPTURES NOW. WHAT YOU DO WITH THEM IS YOUR BUSINESS)

For all of your elaborate “lip service” the only scripture you have offered for any of the above is Genesis 2:3. (ISN’T THE BEGINNING ENOUGH? John, chapter 1:1": In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. “ 1 John, chapter 2:7": Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. “

This verse was “shot down” in spiraling flames (JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY SO? NO PROOF, JUST YOUR WORDS) because it did not support your assertion. (BOLLOCKS AGAIN! DREAM ON, THE ONLY PERSON WHO BELIEVES THAT IS YOU, AND I DOUBT THAT YOU EVEN BELIEVE IT REALLY)Do you have anything else to offer?

You can mitigate, assume, and assert all you care to about the “sabbath”, but until you come up with some scripture to prove what you are saying, you can take a “rest”!

Eli, my desire and supplication is for you that you will establish a relationship with God according to the knowledge of Him that calls you by His own glory and virtue. This won’t happen until your give your idols up! That “idol” is that “sabbath” you cso desperately cling to.

(INTERESTING ACCUSATION ‘IDOLATRY’ HOW CAN THAT BE IF WE HAVE NO TEN COMMANDMENTS??? HA! HA! HA! GOOD JOKE! ISN’T IT????)

Upvote 0

DerSchweik

Spend time in His Word - every day
Aug 31, 2007
Right of center
✟1,879,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gentlemen,
Moving this thread to the "Formal Discussion" sub-forum where you can continue this discussion/debate.
Staff appreciates that you've kept things civil thus far - as you ought - but the "temperature" has noticeably risen here of late so we urge you to continue to exercise restraint and temper your comments to one another, avoiding any further escalation.

Thank you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DerSchweik

Spend time in His Word - every day
Aug 31, 2007
Right of center
✟1,879,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
NP Elijah... :)

If you want to change text color just click on the "A" that has the little black line below it (just to the right of the B I U in the quick reply box or in the Post Reply box.

Highlight the text you want with your mouse (just left click and drag the mouse over the text you want to color) then click on the color box and select a color.

Holler if that doesn't work for ya.

God bless,

Upvote 0
A

Apollos1

Eli &#8211;

I am still hoping you will see that the &#8220;sabbath&#8221; was abolished, and that it was part of a covenant that was replaced by another covenant based on better promises and sacrifice. You are still in denial of simple facts and truths. There are many questions and scriptures which you continue to avoid and not answer. You pick and choose what you will answer just as you pick and choose what you will observe out of the OC.
- - - - - - - - - -

Eli said - TO APOLLOS (ISN&#8217;T THAT THE NAME OF A GREEK GOD?)

He was a Christian - Acts 18:24-28. 24Now a certain Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by race, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the scriptures... ASV
- - - - - - - - - -

Eli - *THIS [Hebrews 10] IS WHAT JESUS NAILED TO THE CROSS!

I used a number of scriptures to show a number of other things that were also &#8220;nailed to the cross&#8221;, including the whole of the OLD covenant. You don&#8217;t want to see that because you do not want to give up your precious &#8220;sabbath&#8221; day. You are currently &#8220;heaped&#8221; in what Paul refers in Romans 7:1-6 to as &#8220;spiritual adultery&#8221;, just so that you can continue to observe a day of the week never given to Gentiles.

*Galatians 5:3* &#8211; &#8220;&#8230;I testify again to every man that receiveth circumcision, that he is a debtor to do the *whole law*.&#8221;
Eli said - (THIS IS ABOUT CIRCUMCISION! WHERE IN THE TEN COMMANDS DO WE READ ABOUT CIRCUMCISION???????)

You missed the point! What does &#8220;whole law&#8221; mean to someone like you? The passage, as does James 2:10 illustrates that you are not allowed to &#8220;slice and dice&#8221; the OLD covenant to suit your whims. It was all or none. If you want to observe the &#8220;sabbath&#8221; &#8211; YOU MUST observe the whole law! You think you can take the parts and pieces you want, then say these aspects are &#8220;moral&#8221; and those are &#8220;ceremonial&#8221;, then observe the ones you want to have, and just ignore all the rest. You selectively pick scriptures such as Hebrews 10 and selectively apply such verses to conclude that the TC&#8217;s remain (the part you want) and all else in the OC was abolished. Paul and James are telling you &#8211; It doesn&#8217;t work that way!!
- - - - - - - - - -

Eli - YOU MIXED THE TWO UP. JAMES IS SAYING THAT SIN IS SIN AND PAUL IS SAYING THAT IF YOU RELY ON CEREMONIAL SACRIFICES YOU MUST GET EVERYTHING ELSE RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT ACCEPTING CHRIST DERR!!!

There are many ways this remark could be answered. I want to use Acts 15. Herein the Pharisees stood up (verse 5) and said that it was necessary to circumcise and keep the &#8220;law of Moses&#8221;.

We will first note that the &#8220;law of Moses&#8221; makes reference to the TC or possibly the first -5- books of the OT (Torah/Pentateuch). Either way you look at it, this INCLUDES the TC&#8217;s, which includes your &#8220;sabbath&#8221;.

What was the answer from the Apostles about this? In a word, they said that to circumcise and keep the &#8220;law of Moses&#8221; was to place a &#8220;yoke of bondage&#8221; upon the neck of the disciples no one could bear (verse 10) and was equated to the &#8220;subverting of souls&#8221; (verse 24) !!! Oooops! No circumcision and no sabbath today. Pardon the pun &#8211; they were both &#8220;cut off&#8221; !!! LOL!
- - - - - - - - - -

Eli said - YOU ARE CONFUSED. THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NOT HAVING YOUR PENIS ALTERED AND KILLING A HUMAN.

Not to God. Both &#8220;points&#8221; were a part of His law and He expected FULL compliance with ALL points. You need to view &#8220;the Law&#8221; the way God views His law.
- - - - - - - - - -

Apollos offered - Colossians 2:14&#8211; &#8220;&#8230;having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out that way, *nailing it to the cross*&#8230;&#8221;
Eli said - (HA! HA! YOU FORGOT TO WRITE &#8220;HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES&#8221; HA! HA! WHAT SORT OF BIBLE DO YOU READ FROM???? HANDWRITING IS NOT GOD&#8217;S WRITING)

1.) Er&#8230;.uh&#8230;. I did not forget anything&#8230; &#8220;&#8230;handwriting of ordinances&#8221; in found in the KJV. I typically use the ASV as read above. You should have checked a couple of other translations to make certain. You really need to get out more, but then I understand your Saturdays are taken. How many quibbles do you have for ignoring the truth?

2.) Exodus 31:18 &#8211; &#8220; And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, the two tables of the testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.(cf. Ex. 24:12, 32:15, Deut. 9:10) You really do not know what you are talking about do you? Is this your best quibble?
- - - -
Apollos offered - Ephesians 2:15 &#8211; &#8220;&#8230;having abolished in the flesh* the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances &#8230;

Eli remarked &#8230;(CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES!!! WHAT HAS THIS TO DO WITH THE TEN COMMANDMENTS? IS THOU SHALL NOT KILL ABOLISHED????)

1.) Maybe this your best quibble? &#8220;Ordinance&#8221; &#8211; law, decree, ordinance. What is your issue with the word?
- - - - - - - - - -

Eli - iT IS STILL SIN TO KILL, STEAL, TAKE THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN, COMMIT ADULTERY, COVET, COMMIT IDOLATRY etc.Repeat: Of course it still is, because such is covered/included in the NEW covenant, such as in Romans 13:9.

- - - - - - - - - -

Eli - THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN&#8230;(MARK 2:7)
Yes, all of the Jewish ones beginning at Sinai &#8211; as shown in several posts above.

Eli - (INTERESTING ACCUSATION &#8216;IDOLATRY&#8217; HOW CAN THAT BE IF WE HAVE NO TEN COMMANDMENTS??? HA! HA! HA! GOOD JOKE! ISN&#8217;T IT????)
See Galatians 5:20-21&#8230; I know that these &#8220;commands&#8221; are in the NC and that idolatry is included. You do not seem to be aware of what the NC contains.

I was wondering Eli&#8230; Have you had more than one mortgage in your life? Or maybe you have owned more than one car. Maybe you made payments like more people do.

When you sold that car or that house, and bought the next one, did you continue to PAY for the first one? I mean, did you continue to send a payment in for the first debt?????? If you stopped making the payments on the first mortgage, you should be bright enough to see how one covenant can be replaced by a second covenant, and which one should be followed&#8230;&#8230;
- - - - - - - - - -

Genesis 2:3 - &#8220;And God blessed the seventh day, and hallowed it; because that in it he rested from all his work which God had created and made.&#8221;

1.) God blessed the 7th day.
2.) God hallowed the 7th day.
3.) BECAUSE God rested (ceased creating) on the 7th day.

No mention of a &#8220;sabbath&#8221; for man here.
No mention of man &#8220;keeping&#8221; this day for any reason or observance.
No mention, no ordinance, no decree, no example, and no inference of a &#8220;sabbath&#8221; for man for 2,000 years! You are reading quite a bit INTO the verse, aren&#8217;t you?

You can ignore when and where the &#8220;sabbath&#8221; was given. You can ignore why it was given and to whom. But you can not change the truth that God&#8217;s word tells about it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elijahorao

Nov 20, 2005
Australia
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@ Appollos
After all of that, I reviewed all topics covered. You continue to revert to the letter to Galatians as an authority for your stand even though the letter begins with a qualification that makes it clear it is about circumcision AND finishes on the same theme. You do not find the scripture mentioning that the seventh day has been ‘blessed’ AND ‘sanctified’ is a sufficient reason to not regard it as common.
Further discussion/debate with you appears futile and would only be done for the sake of contention and strife.
I will not point out any more to you other than that; I was from the outset concerned that a false teaching was being promoted and needed checking. No doubt you say the same. Our Lord will soon enough establish His will and His kingdom will be come.
At that time we shall bear rewards for our teachings/leadings.
here comes a day when there will be no debate over this because Jesus Himself will make it clear..
Appollos I sign off to you.

To any followers of this thread this far, the different sides have been amply presented (there is always more) and it remains for you to conclude that it is not safe to trust in the teachings/leadings of men when your relationship to God is involved. Read your bibles.
Jesus has made a promise to us all;

JOHN 14:13 " And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

"14": If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

"15": If ye love me, keep my commandments.

"16": And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

"17": Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

"18": I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.”

Take Him at His word and ask in His/Jesus’ name for the Spirit of Truth and prayerfully study this out for yourself.

Upvote 0
W

wmssid

To the forum:

God is not dead as most people think.

He controlled the mind of President Bush to make a premptive strike on Iraq. This is because the Living God is King of kings.

[I am neither Republican nor Democrat, but have "come out from among them." Wheter President Bush's war is good for the US, or punishment for the US, the reader may judge.]

The 7 Spirits of God, received by prayer (after dipping), are listed:

Wisdom & Understanding (One Spirit), Counsel (One Faith), Might (One God), Knowledge (One Hope), Fear of He Is (HWHY) (One Dipping), Judge (-ment) (One Lord), Righteousness (One Body); Isa 11.2-4, Eph 4.4-6.

The law "Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away" - Heb 8.13; writtne about AD 66.

God created a "new covenant", Jer 31.31-34, referring to New Jerusalem to replace Israel which God killed, Isa 65.15, Ps 2.

The Devil wants your mind on the past, and unaware that God is alive today. The Jews told Jesus they had Moses for a prophet. They died in darkness and sin.

Don't let this happen to you by keeping yor mind on God's finished works of the First Century, and of the Old Testaemt.

Alexander Campbell and B.W. Johnson believed in a "currently living, and active God."

Romans 9.6-8, tells that the Jews were not "the chosen people of God"; in AD 58; but he and his converts were the "Elect."

wmssid

Upvote 0