TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please list the books (besides the Bible) that can help us on our walk with God. Hey, you can even post that book in the Bible that you felt changed your life! I am looking for it all- topics, growth, and devotionals! I would love to read more in 2023. This is a thread for us all to contribute to, so go ahead and "spam" it and take book suggestions for yourselves and snuggle up with a hot tea, coffee, or cocoa!

I like Autumn Miles (Podcaster) and Max Lucado. About to read The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. I heard a girl say that that book was her "First Bible," because she didn't know The Lord and learned a little about Him and then found Him shortly after. How sweet!

PS. I hope the screen stays snowy through Valentines. That would be fun!!

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Please list the books (besides the Bible) that can help us on our walk with God. Hey, you can even post that book in the Bible that you felt changed your life! I am looking for it all- topics, growth, and devotionals! I would love to read more in 2023. This is a thread for us all to contribute to, so go ahead and "spam" it and take book suggestions for yourselves and snuggle up with a hot tea, coffee, or cocoa!

I like Autumn Miles (Podcaster) and Max Lucado. About to read The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. I heard a girl say that that book was her "First Bible," because she didn't know The Lord and learned a little about Him and then found Him shortly after. How sweet!

The Ladder of Divine Ascent by St. John Climacus.

Upvote 0

nhisname

Dec 21, 2020
SW MO
✟28,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

What has really helped me is a good study Bible. I have an ESV.

G
godisagardener
I've been thinking of purchasing an ESV study Bible, have been seriously considering a large print. I'm interested in knowing why you use the ESV -- what are it's best points? I've used the NKJV for years for study and enjoy it.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What has really helped me is a good study Bible. I have an ESV.
I've had my eye on one for the past couple of weeks. Can you link the one you use? The one I want sold out. I actually dreamed of it, so I am dying to have it.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟61,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Have you finished reading it already? My friend gave it to me a few weeks ago, but I still haven't started reading it.
There is also a primer to the Ladder by Fr. John Mack published by Conciliar Press called the "Ascending the Heights". The Ladder can be overwhelming for laity, at least it is for me.

• Friendly
Reactions: PaulChilds
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,125,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

For me, one of the more influential voices out of the 100 Christian voices I like is Gerald L. Sittser. He lost his wife and some of his children in a car wreck and, somehow, found a way to maintain his faith. Gerald Sittser | Theology Department Newsletter | Whitworth University

The book I have from him, among a few of his that I have found helpful as a general reminder in life as I traverse in and among other Christians, is:

Gerald L. Sittser - Loving Across Our Differences (1994)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

"The Normal Christian Life" by Watchman Nee. It's a commentary on Romans 6, 7 and 8. Also, by the same author, "The Life That Wins".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums