United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Great debate found on Youtube as I had a renewed interest about this topic:

While I agree somewhat with the Josh Good (left), felt I agreed more with Matthew Milioni (right). The difference to me was as one comment had described it:

There's a conflict of interest in my mind I can't shake, when it comes to religion and politics. Especially Christianity, whose God has a Kingdom not of this world and Son whose name we're suppose to bear in his image. I'm not convinced Jesus was or would be politically involved, except to address the issues spiritually and personally; him looking to his Father for answers and not man, going to the people himself accordingly and not the government of men doing otherwise.

I'm on the fence about it, but I think as a Christian I should be more involved with certain issues of importance; except not the theatrics and hopelessness of relying on politics. For example being informed about environmental impact on the earth, what it means for the present and future generations; but take the responsibility myself to not only do some things personally, yet with people be involved making a bigger difference.

Anyone else have this understanding that Christianity is suppose to be a spiritually lead Kingdom on earth, grassroots? While it's difficult for anyone of us to separate ourselves from this world for the next, I'm not asking if you personally have achieved this; but ideally are we suppose to have divided loyalties as citizens of God's kingdom and nations on earth?
I'd say there is only a problem of divided loyalty if you put too much trust in politics and treat it like a religion. I view it more like a job, so there is no more problem of it competing with God than, for instance, a farm would; you could put your profession above God too, or anything else, but that doesn't mean you need to avoid those things.
I think some Christians should get involved in politics, if they have an aptitude and interest for it, if not there's no duty to, but if it is clear that one candidate is better than the other it is good to vote, or if there is someone you trust who has good advice on who to vote for.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd say there is only a problem of divided loyalty if you put too much trust in politics and treat it like a religion. I view it more like a job, so there is no more problem of it competing with God than, for instance, a farm would; you could put your profession above God too, or anything else, but that doesn't mean you need to avoid those things.
I think some Christians should get involved in politics, if they have an aptitude and interest for it, if not there's no duty to, but if it is clear that one candidate is better than the other it is good to vote, or if there is someone you trust who has good advice on who to vote for.

Reasonable perspective, many things in our lives can be put before God. Even things of him could be done in vain if we aren't careful. But I do think there's a difference of what's inherently good and bad in mind and heart. Except I'll cede to Jesus about what he said, it's not about what we put inside, it's what we have inside to give (goodness originating from within us, caring to have good things in mind and heart regardless).

While I can't say certainly what is right when it comes to politics for Christians, I do believe there's much wrong in it. Personally I rather do something for the issues with people who'll cooperate voluntarily, not waste time and effort or try to coerce people to act involuntarily (former could be a better way to convince people too).

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God wants you to be a good steward of your money. Since an average person would pay something like 25-35% of their money in America to government (Others countries generally would be more) then why would you not hold your elected leaders accountable for those funds? I suppose if you like the way things are going then you do not have to vote, or that in national elections you may already know the outcome by the state you live in. Even if that were the case, local and state politics may offer some choices. I agree with the other poster that said if politics is getting in the way of your walk, then pulling back would be the right choice.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To be a Christian is to serve others as our Lord Jesus Christ did. Politics -- how we organize our common matters -- is one arena where we can serve and/or ensure our policies serve our neighbours and the common good and won't turn into cheat deals to serve a small greedy elite.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To be a Christian is to serve others as our Lord Jesus Christ did. Politics -- how we organize our common matters -- is one arena where we can serve and/or ensure our policies serve our neighbours and the common good and won't turn into cheat deals to serve a small greedy elite.

That's a good way to think about it. If only it did serve the community more than the special or self-interests. I believe greater localization of politics to the community (local and personal level) would help. It's difficult for people to attend to politics being informed about three separate governments (federal, state, and local). Honestly I rather not fill my mind with the theatrics of politics including bias media.

Instead as a part and not the whole of my life, something which certain issues near to me need addressing. Not saying others elsewhere aren't my neighbors too or part of my community, God created all of us and I consider myself for example to be a member of the Christianity.

Just life gets busy for us working to contribute and provide for the community and family, also give time caring for both outside of political theater and let's not forget time for God praying, reading and studying along with fellowship. I don't know about y'all, personally it doesn't seem I have anytime for politics except what's urgent and necessary it needs priority in my life.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Great debate found on Youtube as I had a renewed interest about this topic:

While I agree somewhat with the Josh Good (left), felt I agreed more with Matthew Milioni (right). The difference to me was as one comment had described it:

There's a conflict of interest in my mind I can't shake, when it comes to religion and politics. Especially Christianity, whose God has a Kingdom not of this world and Son whose name we're suppose to bear in his image. I'm not convinced Jesus was or would be politically involved, except to address the issues spiritually and personally; him looking to his Father for answers and not man, going to the people himself accordingly and not the government of men doing otherwise.

I'm on the fence about it, but I think as a Christian I should be more involved with certain issues of importance; except not the theatrics and hopelessness of relying on politics. For example being informed about environmental impact on the earth, what it means for the present and future generations; but take the responsibility myself to not only do some things personally, yet with people be involved making a bigger difference.

Anyone else have this understanding that Christianity is suppose to be a spiritually lead Kingdom on earth, grassroots? While it's difficult for anyone of us to separate ourselves from this world for the next, I'm not asking if you personally have achieved this; but ideally are we suppose to have divided loyalties as citizens of God's kingdom and nations on earth?

First let me say this is powerful to the individual self under the absolutes of God. Glory to God, amen.

Secondly, we are men of the flesh so be advised the following is said in meekness to all (me too as spirit speaks to self also termed preaching to self). Before we get started lets pray the Lords prayer... Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name...

Watched the video ... Read posts through #19. Stopped there due to putting the weight of the world on ones actions or non actions.

As the guy on the left said about polars applied to the party system. The premise of action vs non action is another polar... Agreed? Thus, one of thousands of reasons for this thread. Another polar is personal divestment to a master. These are called processes to the mind.

This is why that video is powerful to those that hear and turn the mirror to self which produces this thread. When one creates such a thread one must ask what is convicting us to spend time here to rationalize under mankinds reasoning as the conviction actually stems from the mirror to self. Amen.<-- That is to the absolutes of God that makes us come out of the innerself (our garden of peace ) and shout in the wilderness as this thread does. All one can say is... What makes a truth ,Speak, in the valley of death (earth) ? What will an action do in the abyss of darkness with a pinpoint of light. Who is Martin Luther King and his actions?

Lets simplify this to the meat. This is NOT a character judgment on the author of the OP for "I" speak to self too.

Light seeks not judgment in its action as light has already been judged Geneses 1:4. What we see here is a good thing to process in this thread because it tries to reason under conviction to self.

So, what is a friend to Jesus/Light/Good/God (It is written but we elect to ignore it)? Action maybe? There is no greater friend than someone who lays down their life for a friend. Is God a friend? That is a hard truth to put on self. Yet, truth it is. MLK , Jesus etc... etc... died in a truth. Truth can not survive this world. Thus, above mentioned died on their cross of an absolute of God in the flesh.

So, let us reason our death. For me, I shout in this forum because I am a coward to shout in the world. That is truth.
I am broken and I know it. Is there forgiveness to the sinner (me) that sin was my first love ? I am hypocrisy in the flesh for my actions of a past negate my voting privilege yet I base an opinion on that one aspect of many truths in a world of judgment . Thus, I will never be the face of a righteous truth (not my own truth but of God who chooses a sinner to show a truth) except to a mind of forgiveness. That is said to release me from you thinking i come in here in a mind of judgment. However, that does not stop a truth in my own deficiencies. Deep dive research, for those like the author is a thing I can do because I have time to research. With that said...

To further simplify one truth is to recognize that the paradigm of a two party system was changed decades ago to a corporate system. In essence it comes down to law and individuals that are not bound to law of the land on their personage due to amendments that usurped a document titled "We the People" & retermed it to "We the Profit" . There was only one person in 2016 telling us the target of truth and it was neither of the two choices left.

Hope this edifies that if a person has no law unto itself like the common man. How do we reason with it? What is a god to an atheist of morality with unlimited wealth? Define sociopath. Where can a sociopath hide? Behind its corporation that was inserted into a document for a people that usurped the people maybe?

This truth can be found in the constitution that a dollar usurps a morality.

For me, I take a cowards action in a digitized world to at least give the Christian world a truth that if this nation of religions under the name of Christ would first take that constitution back like yesterday, then we can discuss healing ... Hope.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First let me say this is powerful to the individual self under the absolutes of God. Glory to God, amen.

Secondly, we are men of the flesh so be advised the following is said in meekness to all (me too as spirit speaks to self also termed preaching to self). Before we get started lets pray the Lords prayer... Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name...

Watched the video ... Read posts through #19. Stopped there due to putting the weight of the world on ones actions or non actions.

As the guy on the left said about polars applied to the party system. The premise of action vs non action is another polar... Agreed? Thus, one of thousands of reasons for this thread. Another polar is personal divestment to a master. These are called processes to the mind.

This is why that video is powerful to those that hear and turn the mirror to self which produces this thread. When one creates such a thread one must ask what is convicting us to spend time here to rationalize under mankinds reasoning as the conviction actually stems from the mirror to self. Amen.<-- That is to the absolutes of God that makes us come out of the innerself (our garden of peace ) and shout in the wilderness as this thread does. All one can say is... What makes a truth ,Speak, in the valley of death (earth) ? What will an action do in the abyss of darkness with a pinpoint of light. Who is Martin Luther King and his actions?

Lets simplify this to the meat. This is NOT a character judgment on the author of the OP for "I" speak to self too.

Light seeks not judgment in its action as light has already been judged Geneses 1:4. What we see here is a good thing to process in this thread because it tries to reason under conviction to self.

So, what is a friend to Jesus/Light/Good/God (It is written but we elect to ignore it)? Action maybe? There is no greater friend than someone who lays down their life for a friend. Is God a friend? That is a hard truth to put on self. Yet, truth it is. MLK , Jesus etc... etc... died in a truth. Truth can not survive this world. Thus, above mentioned died on their cross of an absolute of God in the flesh.

So, let us reason our death. For me, I shout in this forum because I am a coward to shout in the world. That is truth.
I am broken and I know it. Is there forgiveness to the sinner (me) that sin was my first love ? I am hypocrisy in the flesh for my actions of a past negate my voting privilege yet I base an opinion on that one aspect of many truths in a world of judgment . Thus, I will never be the face of a righteous truth (not my own truth but of God who chooses a sinner to show a truth) except to a mind of forgiveness. That is said to release me from you thinking i come in here in a mind of judgment. However, that does not stop a truth in my own deficiencies. Deep dive research, for those like the author is a thing I can do because I have time to research. With that said...

To further simplify one truth is to recognize that the paradigm of a two party system was changed decades ago to a corporate system. In essence it comes down to law and individuals that are not bound to law of the land on their personage due to amendments that usurped a document titled "We the People" & retermed it to "We the Profit" . There was only one person in 2016 telling us the target of truth and it was neither of the two choices left.

Hope this edifies that if a person has no law unto itself like the common man. How do we reason with it? What is a god to an atheist of morality with unlimited wealth? Define sociopath. Where can a sociopath hide? Behind its corporation that was inserted into a document for a people that usurped the people maybe?

This truth can be found in the constitution that a dollar usurps a morality.

For me, I take a cowards action in a digitized world to at least give the Christian world a truth that if this nation of religions under the name of Christ would first take that constitution back like yesterday, then we can discuss healing ... Hope.

A return to a constitutionally limited government would solve the major problems. When authority and power are centralized fewer people have it. Then those who have it serve themselves and those who have the influence to serve them too (ex: politicians, lobbyists, corporations, banks etc.) Also we shouldn't expect a nation this large and populated to be democratic and representative this way. Too many differences across the country, fifty states coast to coast; each state has it's own people and interests.

Much as humanly possible I think politically it'd be best to localize. It'd be easier to inform yourself if politics were closer to home and involve yourself too. Also your vote would give you a louder voice as it's less people by state or locality.

Since I made this thread my opinion is if you have time for politics then involve yourself. But remember to prioritize what's important including all from God to community and family. Long as you keep yourself leveled and it serves God along with others, then it shouldn't be a problem. I actually now think it'd be responsible and contribute if one has the opportunity and information.

Political wish-list
  • Return the Senate to the states and term limit Congress,
  • Repeal income tax and return taxation to the States (proportional tax on States which each collects itself and paid to the Federal government),
  • Eliminate the Senate's filibuster and include the House of Representatives for a simple majority congressional vote for everything (ex: Supreme Court nominees),
  • Term limit Supreme Court Justices (possibly single term of eight-teen years), and limit Judicial reach by returning constitutional limitations specifically on the Federal government (constitution was originally between the Federal government and States, it was to limit the Federal government for the States to govern their people; State constitutions exist for a reason).
  • Separation of Business and Government, ending Federal public privileges given to businesses (issues of liability, tax exemptions etc.)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: FanthatSpark
Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
A return to a constitutionally limited government would solve the major problems. When authority and power are centralized fewer people have it. Then those who have it serve themselves and those who have the influence to serve them too (ex: politicians, lobbyists, corporations, banks etc.) Also we shouldn't expect a nation this large and populated to be democratic and representative this way. Too many differences across the country, fifty states coast to coast; each state has it's own people and interests.

Much as humanly possible I think politically it'd be best to localize. It'd be easier to inform yourself if politics were closer to home and involve yourself too. Also your vote would give you a louder voice as it's less people by state or locality.

Since I made this thread my opinion is if you have time for politics then involve yourself. But remember to prioritize what's important including all from God to community and family. Long as you keep yourself leveled and it serves God along with others, then it shouldn't be a problem. I actually now think it'd be responsible and contribute if one has the opportunity and information.

Political wish-list
  • Return the Senate to the states and term limit Congress,
  • Repeal income tax and return taxation to the States (proportional tax on States which each collects itself and paid to the Federal government),
  • Eliminate the Senate's filibuster and include the House of Representatives for a simple majority congressional vote for everything (ex: Supreme Court nominees),
  • Term limit Supreme Court Justices (possibly single term of eight-teen years), and limit Judicial reach by returning constitutional limitations specifically on the Federal government (constitution was originally between the Federal government and States, it was to limit the Federal government for the States to govern their people; State constitutions exist for a reason).
  • Separation of Business and Government, ending Federal public privileges given to businesses (issues of liability, tax exemptions etc.)

Thank you for not taking offense in the end of your process at my post. Also, thank you for your time in an answer. It takes a lot to read a thing and apply it not in a mind set of judgment... to self , from a humans reasoning just like us. We both bleed red and have a thing supplied by God... Morality :oldthumbsup:. If you took a little offense of "creating this thread" it was not meant as a bad thing. It is a good thing to discuss truth. As written in 1 Corinthians 13:6 . It may be uncomfortable to the mind connected to the flesh born in sin but when the Spirit in us sees the lie one can not rejoice. Thus, this thread stemming from the God in you to create a son/idea in physical form. :amen:

Lets take this thing (politics) and separate it from selves like you did with my post. This is to examine it like a complex puzzle in our process of the Christian. As you said this puzzle has levels stacked from local to top .

This is the slippery slope in a truth applied to all levels of the puzzle... Policy that turns to law to benefit the corporation. The policy may help a demographic at first. Until one sees, it does not apply to the people making the laws on all levels of the corporation. Examples of this from local to top working hand in hand is Flint Michigans water crises or D.A.P.L. where the truth meets the road of law.

The road of law is separated in its effects from the flesh. "We the People" have consequences to the flesh. Corporate people do not on a very high percentage scale of flesh law applied to their being. As designed in the constitution to add the entity and give it a voice/money then decades later rights :doh:. If I may... let me give us all a truth to this puzzle that may be in our locality that we may not know but need to be armed with this truth. First however, do pray to not get lost in the details of the rabbit hole of this link upcoming . This link is a response link to a label put to a truth to polarize a truth. It is a classic label polarization that MUST be set aside on both sides calling each other names meant to divide so one takes a side.

I :pray: the videos substance NOT the horrific labels speaks to the truth of the layered puzzle/matrix both local & federal .

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/knowing-a-truth.8077659/

With the assumption the link & video was seen in full :pray: . Ask self is my county like this? Under corporate law that effectively separates flesh/common law to actively steal life, creativity, money without consequences to the flesh of those that create it. Ask self what is a slush fund? Apply it to a system termed local government. Its the money itself that has a nation/people fooled they are getting flesh/common law. An example of millions: Man/Woman sues pharma , wins, gets paid a fiction of a paper dollar that transfers to their reality ... :doh:. Can we see it? Let me reword it... I will give you this thing/money so my flesh will not answer to common law.

This post is a downer as the darkness is meant to be to the soul and I see it if it was left here to stagnate . When the above truth is recognized and the Moral Man no matter religion or not... Its the absolute of "God in them" in the term GOOD morals shouts into the darkness LET THERE BE LIGHT of a truth to gird the mind :amen: .

The truth above further links to this truth of molding a human being... Matthew 18:6 . What are the absolutes of God ? First is the law to the flesh of 10 commandments. New testament teaches the mind of these further absolutes
Galatians 5:22-23 :amen: .

Above is said for this piece of darkness... The world teaches knowledge alone as a choice to create a human that has no moral compass . Define Sociopath. Where are sociopaths and how to create them? We find these in prisons and ? Corporations/Government . For those that do not believe this lets create one here.

Teach the baby (Remember Matthew above) all about money, taxes and avoidance of flesh law by teaching this human corporate shelter to his flesh. This human has resources from birth it will inherit to exact its will upon another. A human dies exacting that will and it has been caught (See pharma truth above). As time moves for the human exacting his will it becomes apparent his flesh is safe in wealth. One must ask is it their fault in their reality of what was taught combined to life experience = Sociopath .

Can one forgive?

All that above to put this truth to the church inside every moral mans heart that said morality either stands as a Moral/Nation religion or not matters not to the Spirit of Gods absolutes for we LOVE and know compassion (I am crying right now as the mirror is turned inward to my soul to bare a truth just now brought to me in the following statement).

As it is written, "where are the scribes and wise men"? These are the morally bankrupt that run this country for they were taught by their fathers who themselves were morally bankrupt.

Where are the moral absolutes of God? We sit in a church or computer echo chamber that says do nothing. Yet they have love instilled from a child of Gods absolutes for they know compassion and law of the commandments for flesh law applies to the moral man.

So, thank you good sir for the platform to reason with myself to receive a truth that is generational and forgive the sociopath yet the sociopath can not continue to run a country in my name for their profit. Thus, I pick action, the guy on the left. For those that hear a truth it starts as the author states ... At home, then at church to churches, mosks , then neighborhood to neighborhoods, then city, then etc... etc...

Another truth in closing. A movement can not seek retribution in a sociopath for "they know not what they do" as it is written where Jesus was killed and he says the same thing; "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do" . Think on that for a while where the sociopath only knows what was taught as a child which makes them morally bankrupt just as it was in Jesus's time from parents to children. We teach what we know.

Be well :amen:.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for not taking offense in the end of your process at my post. Also, thank you for your time in an answer. It takes a lot to read a thing and apply it not in a mind set of judgment... to self , from a humans reasoning just like us. We both bleed red and have a thing supplied by God... Morality :oldthumbsup:. If you took a little offense of "creating this thread" it was not meant as a bad thing. It is a good thing to discuss truth. As written in 1 Corinthians 13:6 . It may be uncomfortable to the mind connected to the flesh born in sin but when the Spirit in us sees the lie one can not rejoice. Thus, this thread stemming from the God in you to create a son/idea in physical form. :amen:

Lets take this thing (politics) and separate it from selves like you did with my post. This is to examine it like a complex puzzle in our process of the Christian. As you said this puzzle has levels stacked from local to top .

This is the slippery slope in a truth applied to all levels of the puzzle... Policy that turns to law to benefit the corporation. The policy may help a demographic at first. Until one sees, it does not apply to the people making the laws on all levels of the corporation. Examples of this from local to top working hand in hand is Flint Michigans water crises or D.A.P.L. where the truth meets the road of law.

The road of law is separated in its effects from the flesh. "We the People" have consequences to the flesh. Corporate people do not on a very high percentage scale of flesh law applied to their being. As designed in the constitution to add the entity and give it a voice/money then decades later rights :doh:. If I may... let me give us all a truth to this puzzle that may be in our locality that we may not know but need to be armed with this truth. First however, do pray to not get lost in the details of the rabbit hole of this link upcoming . This link is a response link to a label put to a truth to polarize a truth. It is a classic label polarization that MUST be set aside on both sides calling each other names meant to divide so one takes a side.

I :pray: the videos substance NOT the horrific labels speaks to the truth of the layered puzzle/matrix both local & federal .

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/knowing-a-truth.8077659/

With the assumption the link & video was seen in full :pray: . Ask self is my county like this? Under corporate law that effectively separates flesh/common law to actively steal life, creativity, money without consequences to the flesh of those that create it. Ask self what is a slush fund? Apply it to a system termed local government. Its the money itself that has a nation/people fooled they are getting flesh/common law. An example of millions: Man/Woman sues pharma , wins, gets paid a fiction of a paper dollar that transfers to their reality ... :doh:. Can we see it? Let me reword it... I will give you this thing/money so my flesh will not answer to common law.

This post is a downer as the darkness is meant to be to the soul and I see it if it was left here to stagnate . When the above truth is recognized and the Moral Man no matter religion or not... Its the absolute of "God in them" in the term GOOD morals shouts into the darkness LET THERE BE LIGHT of a truth to gird the mind :amen: .

The truth above further links to this truth of molding a human being... Matthew 18:6 . What are the absolutes of God ? First is the law to the flesh of 10 commandments. New testament teaches the mind of these further absolutes
Galatians 5:22-23 :amen: .

Above is said for this piece of darkness... The world teaches knowledge alone as a choice to create a human that has no moral compass . Define Sociopath. Where are sociopaths and how to create them? We find these in prisons and ? Corporations/Government . For those that do not believe this lets create one here.

Teach the baby (Remember Matthew above) all about money, taxes and avoidance of flesh law by teaching this human corporate shelter to his flesh. This human has resources from birth it will inherit to exact its will upon another. A human dies exacting that will and it has been caught (See pharma truth above). As time moves for the human exacting his will it becomes apparent his flesh is safe in wealth. One must ask is it their fault in their reality of what was taught combined to life experience = Sociopath .

Can one forgive?

All that above to put this truth to the church inside every moral mans heart that said morality either stands as a Moral/Nation religion or not matters not to the Spirit of Gods absolutes for we LOVE and know compassion (I am crying right now as the mirror is turned inward to my soul to bare a truth just now brought to me in the following statement).

As it is written, "where are the scribes and wise men"? These are the morally bankrupt that run this country for they were taught by their fathers who themselves were morally bankrupt.

Where are the moral absolutes of God? We sit in a church or computer echo chamber that says do nothing. Yet they have love instilled from a child of Gods absolutes for they know compassion and law of the commandments for flesh law applies to the moral man.

So, thank you good sir for the platform to reason with myself to receive a truth that is generational and forgive the sociopath yet the sociopath can not continue to run a country in my name for their profit. Thus, I pick action, the guy on the left. For those that hear a truth it starts as the author states ... At home, then at church to churches, mosks , then neighborhood to neighborhoods, then city, then etc... etc...

Another truth in closing. A movement can not seek retribution in a sociopath for "they know not what they do" as it is written where Jesus was killed and he says the same thing; "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do" . Think on that for a while where the sociopath only knows what was taught as a child which makes them morally bankrupt just as it was in Jesus's time from parents to children. We teach what we know.

Be well :amen:.

Wow, thank you for the thoughtful post! At this moment I'm still processing all I read and watched. Think I have some questions which I need to consider more. What further thoughts and questions I have I'll post in your thread specifically about it.

• Friendly
Reactions: FanthatSpark
Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Wow, thank you for the thoughtful post! At this moment I'm still processing all I read and watched. Think I have some questions which I need to consider more. What further thoughts and questions I have I'll post in your thread specifically about it.

Sorry I strayed from OP topic. Inclusiveness is key to the question of the choice one makes. If others choose action by definition of action they are included. For those that choose non action I am under the belief non-action was and is taught and reaffirmed by cherry picking verses in non-action rhetoric. Is it their fault? Heavens no. We all seek our comfort zones.

The Gist: As Jesus was crucified for a Truth. The lesson is ignored because "a person" thinks the lesson of "morality in action" leads ultimately to their physical death.

Most are not understanding the...idea... of "Good morality" was put to death... in that time line. Today , morality, is a nation and world of baby Jesus's termed Good conscious . One can brand "Good Conscious" like #MoralNation @MoralVoters to include all religions that know the absolutes of God or taught life experiences from parents that taught their kids Gods absolutes unwittingly through no religion (what is love?) . There is a paradigm change of the device to think about too.

I agree with the policies you listed my friend . Those are sound and should be implemented soon. I am under the belief the voting system comes first. All that Russia nonsense is cover as Bernie was telling the people the source code (Citizens United/ Actual truth meaning, Corporation United) is the way to inject morality back into the constitution.

I know I keep coming back to corps. However, if corps has the voting locked down through easy hacking (tech Corps) and easy distraction (Main Stream Media Corps) Russia did it. One knows not the true game of systematic profiteering with no conscious. Treason means nothing to profit. Example: What is a multi national corps that has rights in the U.S.? Bernie was telling us ... What is Political Reform?

Hey brother, thanks for your patients as these posts sound like rants in defeatist rhetoric but the thing about that feeling is that it turns to hope in things like , rebranding and someone having the courage to say, hey! those truths, need to be said out loud...

How do we inject morality back to the constitution? Got to repeal corps out of it. Look around the federal level and we hear crickets.

I am done posting here brother as I see my pattern always goes to the crux. I hope you find a way @injectingMorality back in politics.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Difficult to say what the solution is to anything political. It's basically a non-violent war of revolution, an agreement to a system of transferring power that's not too disruptive. President Kennedy said, "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable." So politics is how opposing sides with their own interests agree to live peacefully, but continue pursuing what's best for them. Always will be people in power and those who support them that don't have the best interests of all in heart.

As for the Constitution here is the problem, it's interpreted to mean whatever for any purpose. Honestly I can't say it's one side and not the other. Each tries to stack the Supreme Court and other appointments with people who share their ideology, not actual constitutionality. We can only rely on the Constitution as much as we can people. I think short of having functional Checks and Balances plus clear Separation of Powers won't solve much.

An example is trying to be an empire and republic, how can we decentralize authority and power into the hands of people while centralizing each into a single entity that serves global interests (ex: hegemony abroad, trade in dollars, market expansion, and military enforcement). This requires fewer people to have authority and power to swiftly make decisions against foreign competitors. State governments have ceded authority and power to the Federal government, Congress has ceded both to the Presidency, all ceded to the Supreme Court who decides what's allowed for governments, businesses, universities and people etc.

Not a problem ever to have a conversation, especially when it's as meaningful as this. It helps to know what people think and feel. Gets me thinking and feeling as I should about certain things, then I have a better idea about what I believe. Thank you too, God bless!

Upvote 0

Theo102

Sep 10, 2018
Auckland
✟24,484.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Rationalist
Marital Status
Private
The Left: a system based on hate. Hate for those with power, money and influence who take advantage of the weak for self preservation.
The Right: a system based on fear of losing their power and wealth by being overtaken by minorities.
A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heartat his left.
Ecc 10:2

Upvote 0

Theo102

Sep 10, 2018
Auckland
✟24,484.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Rationalist
Marital Status
Private
An example is trying to be an empire and republic
Both are secular systems which originate from Rome. Romans 13:1-2 implies that any empire should be obeyed, so there's obviously a problem here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have more time and definitely happier when ignoring politics. It seems a waste going nowhere compared to anything else I could be doing. But honestly somethings I do aren't relevant to life or people. Politics is something that affects us, even if we're willing to separate ourselves from it and face the consequences; it continues to affect lives of others.

So while I can't be informed about everything or certainly know the solutions, do I have a responsibility to get informed and support something? Or is it better to concentrate efforts in my own life to others in it? Affecting change this way giving the time and effort to God getting my life into order by his will?

Life is busy and complicated enough, do you believe politics is worth it and if so what are Christians responsibilities to it?

In a representative republic or democracy, we are the rulers and politicians are our employees. Just like all employees, some are good and some are bad. Some will put their own interests ahead of those of their employer, and others will not.

What we do not do in such an environment is to stick our head on the sand and hide behind Romans as an excuse to do nothing.

Upvote 0