Michigan
✟17,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did not JESUS die on the cross to take our sin and shame away?
Why are most Christians still hiding behind clothing? Is it for the benefit of Satan because he does not want man kind to commune with GOD as in Eden?

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Genesis 1 and 2.

After that, the bible sees a certain shame in being naked. That seems to be a result of the fall (Gen 3)
What is the shame? Or should I ask why were they ashamed? Is it because they are nude or perhaps something else? It can not be because they were with out clothing (2:25). Adam was smart enough to name all the animals before eating from the tree. My contention is Adam was clothed in the glory of God and was not naked. There is a difference between nude and naked. The words of Genesis 1-3 are proof. No I am not talking about the translated word - naked. I am talking about the original text words. The word in 2:25 is arowm meaning nude. The word in 3:7, 10 and 11 is erom naked. Nude is without clothing while naked is deprived of clothing, thus the shame factor. So how did they go from nude without clothing to naked without clothing incurring shame? This difference came to my attention thru a Jewish Rabbi. If one compares the English word definitions this distinction also comes out.

Genesis 1:31 says God called everything he created very good. In 2:25 they had no sin guilt. In 3:7 they had this sin guilt. They behaved the same way a child or my dogs do when they know they did wrong (sinned) and make themselves scarce (hide). Like Solomon says nothing is new under the sun. Natural human behavior included.

Let me go back to the clothed in God's glory aspect. When I lived in the city I was trying to help someone out. They out of the blue said they were jealous of the bright glow around me because they were very dark. I suggest it is the same thing Adam was clothed with. Personally I have never witnessed this glow myself. I do not know why. Maybe some day God will open my eyes to this. I do know that I can observe a person and tell you about them without speaking to or knowing them. I believe it is a gift of God. I know for a fact God has given me revealed knowledge without my knowing it from ministry to others and their testimony. I am not saying this to brag.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Did not JESUS die on the cross to take our sin and shame away?
Why are most Christians still hiding behind clothing? Is it for the benefit of Satan because he does not want man kind to commune with GOD as in Eden?
Now that is a great question. I believe that is exactly what Adam did with the fig leaves. Just look at clothing of others in various settings, especially church. People try to appear much better than they are for social reasons. Consider what James says about respect of persons.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

toramei

Jun 27, 2011
Michigan
✟17,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So then we put on clothes to make class distinction.We put on clothes because society dictates this to us another man made situation.
So then why if the weather is fine to be without clothes we have clothes on because.....?
Society society are these ideas from Satan who wants us to be far away from GOD.GOD knows what we are like underneath those clothes so then why hide who we are let us be without clothes?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus and the apostles wore clothes. They are our examples to follow.
Peter was out fishing in a boat nude.

Jn 21.4 But when the day was now breaking, Jesus stood on the beach; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. 5 So Jesus *said to them, “Children, you do not have any fish, do you?” They answered Him, “No.” 6 And He said to them, “Cast the net on the right-hand side of the boat and you will find a catch.” So they cast, and then they were not able to haul it in because of the great number of fish. 7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved *said to Peter, “It is the Lord.” So when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put his outer garment on (for he was stripped for work), and threw himself into the sea. 8 But the other disciples came in the little boat, for they were not far from the land, but about one hundred yards away, dragging the net full of fish.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Peter was out fishing in a boat nude.

Jn 21.4 But when the day was now breaking, Jesus stood on the beach; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. 5 So Jesus *said to them, “Children, you do not have any fish, do you?” They answered Him, “No.” 6 And He said to them, “Cast the net on the right-hand side of the boat and you will find a catch.” So they cast, and then they were not able to haul it in because of the great number of fish. 7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved *said to Peter, “It is the Lord.” So when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put his outer garment on (for he was stripped for work), and threw himself into the sea. 8 But the other disciples came in the little boat, for they were not far from the land, but about one hundred yards away, dragging the net full of fish.
Yes but notice he had a garment. Peter wasnt a nudist.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interestingly, Jesus was nude for 4 of the most important events in his life:

his birth (of course)

his baptism (required by Jewish tradition)

his crucifixion (not his choice)

his resurrection (at least initially)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

toramei

Jun 27, 2011
Michigan
✟17,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting what the Holy Spirit reveals to us.

Genesis 1 verse 27," So God created man in his own image,in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."
Genesis 1 verse 31." God saw all that he made,and it was very good.And there was evening,and there was morning-the sixth day."
Genesis 2 verse 25. " The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame."
Genesis 3 verse 5." For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened,and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
Genesis 9 verse 21-27.
21."When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent."
22." Ham,the father of Canaan, saw his father's nakedness and told his two brothers outside."
23. " But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father's nakedness.Thier faces were turned the other way so that they would not see their father's nakedness."
24. " When Noah awoke from his wine and found out what his youngest son had down to him, 25 he said,
" Cursed be Canaan ! The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers."
26." He also said," Blessed be the Lord, the God of Shem! 27. May Canaan be the slave of Shem.May God extend the territory of Japheth ; may Japheth live in the tents of Shem,and may Canaan be his slave."

Shame is a painful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by the consciousness of wrong or foolish behavior.
This is what Adam and Eve dealt with upon eating of the fruit.
There are more verses to follow the next day.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Interestingly, Jesus was nude for 4 of the most important events in his life:

his birth (of course)

his baptism (required by Jewish tradition)

his crucifixion (not his choice)

his resurrection (at least initially)
I heard a theory once that when Mary saw him initially, she thought he was the Gardner because he was nude and gardening was often done in the nude. I never looked into the veracity of that though.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, we do. We get good-quality spray-on sunscreen each year and apply it generously.

My younger son and I are darker-skinned, so we have some room for error, and screen the most-exposed parts;

My wife and older son are freckled redheads, so they get sprayed immediately and any "misses" show up a few hours later.
Not asking you to advertise, but what specifically do you use?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So does the fall make what God called good, evil?
The fall took a lot of what God made good and turned it to evil.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not asking you to advertise, but what specifically do you use?

Usually, Coppertone or other quality name-brands, with an SPF of 50 or so.

Generic sunscreen has sometimes proven disappointing, as has expired sunscreen. Check the expiration date.

• Informative
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0