Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm off to Mexico in 3 weeks to a clothing optional place for a week of vacation. Let the fun begin!

I'm sure it will be fun to thaw out!

I have to wait until Memorial Day weekend...:(

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We are doing a cruise to Cuba this spring. I learned that there are clothing-optional beaches in Cuba but they are not near Havana, so I think we will instead be spending our time seeing the city.

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are doing a cruise to Cuba this spring. I learned that there are clothing-optional beaches in Cuba but they are not near Havana, so I think we will instead be spending our time seeing the city.

Wow - THAT would be a great attraction for foreign tourists...might make capitalists out of them!

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's so cold and wintry out in Sweden, I certainly look forward to the summer when I can relax on nude beaches.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It isn't really true anymore, in AMerica if we maintain our current course we will become underpopulated and Europe is even worse because the birth rates are below 2 which is what is needed to maintain a steady population.
Guess it should make me happy my brothers and sisters more than increased my mom and dad's contributions without me. It should make me sad and in in a way I am. But the truth be known I am elated at not having those problems. I do realize the potential joys are also missing. So pros and cons are on both sides.

bugkiller

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm reviving this thread mostly as an alternative to the other active "Christian nudist" thread, where the OP is seeking the views of those opposed to the idea of Christians being nudists.

This thread seeks posts from both opponents and proponents, and may provide interesting reading for new members who have joined CF in the last couple of years...
I do think the discussion is much better here.

bugkiller

• Agree
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I do like the discussion here, but what more is there to say?
I think there is more to say as others chip in. I do think the discussion would be much better if people would be honest with themselves and examine their position based on Scripture instead of unproveable and unchallenged beliefs.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think there is more to say as others chip in. I do think the discussion would be much better if people would be honest with themselves and examine their position based on Scripture instead of unproveable and unchallenged beliefs.

Perhaps, although I think those issues were already discussed in considerable detail in the 35 pages of this thread.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks, we do. We get good-quality spray-on sunscreen each year and apply it generously.

My younger son and I are darker-skinned, so we have some room for error, and screen the most-exposed parts;

My wife and older son are freckled redheads, so they get sprayed immediately and any "misses" show up a few hours later.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks, we do. We get good-quality spray-on sunscreen each year and apply it generously.

My younger son and I are darker-skinned, so we have some room for error, and screen the most-exposed parts;

My wife and older son are freckled redheads, so they get sprayed immediately and any "misses" show up a few hours later.
Maybe I am very blessed. I just drink more water. I rarely burn. When I do burn it is because I am out mid day for more than an hour.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
bugkiller said:

I find such trouble when I seek basing all the things that are according to faith on all that I can gather from the scriptures, and when talking with other Christians about any of those things, they would argue contrary to such with an understanding of just a few passages, with those out of context or otherwise with faulty interpretation that would be contrary to other things shown for us in the scriptures. People living or recreating socially nude is one, but not at all the only one, of such things that get argued against though such are not contrary to what scriptures say for us or Yahweh's will. There are good benefits with some of such things as this.

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I find such trouble when I seek basing all the things that are according to faith on all that I can gather from the scriptures, and when talking with other Christians about any of those things, they would argue contrary to such with an understanding of just a few passages, with those out of context or otherwise with faulty interpretation that would be contrary to other things shown for us in the scriptures. People living or recreating socially nude is one, but not at all the only one, of such things that get argued against though such are not contrary to what scriptures say for us or Yahweh's will. There are good benefits with some of such things as this.
I think you are on to something here. I find much the same thing. It seems people do not want to expand their knowledge which would create more freedom and less unjustified guilt complexes.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But the Bible essentially says nude is good. See Genesis.
Genesis 1 and 2.

After that, the bible sees a certain shame in being naked. That seems to be a result of the fall (Gen 3)

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Just my two cents...

I used to think that nudity was utterly and completely sinful. I even felt guilty after my wife and I played "Adam and Eve" years ago when we were newlyweds. LOL!

Almost 8 years ago I had a real change of heart and mind on the matter. To make a long story short, I felt compelled to pray naked. I resisted the idea thinking that it was some fleshly temptation. I eventually relented and when I did, it was a giant leap into a deeper and more real walk with the Lord. Go figure.

I followed up and did my own research on nudity and discovered that there were Christians who were nudists. I was shocked! But then, it had never occurred to me that nudity did not have to be sexual. My study of Scripture revealed that nudity was not inherently sinful - there was no clear-cut prohibition on nudity.

So, I don't think there's anything wrong with you and I don't think it's sinful behavior when done in a non-sexual setting. (Of course nothing wrong with it being sexual with one's spouse! ;))

Interesting.......
I do remember that the question of nudity did come up in the near death experience of
former Atheist Howard Storm Ph. D.

Reverend Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

Throughout my conversation with the luminous beings, which lasted for what seemed like a very long time, I was being physically supported by the being in whom I had been engulfed. We were in a sense completely stationary yet hanging in space. Everywhere around us were countless radiant beings, like stars in the sky, coming and going. It was like a super magnified view of a galaxy super packed with stars. And in the giant radiance of the center they were packed so densely together that individuals could not be identified. Their selves were in such harmony with the Creator that they were really just one. One of the reasons, I was told, that all the countless beings had to go back to their source was to become invigorated with this sense of harmony and oneness. Being apart for too long a time diminished them and made them feel separate. Their greatest pleasure was to go back to the sources of all life.

Our initial conversation involved them simply trying to comfort me. Something that disturbed me was that I was naked. Somewhere in the darkness I'd lost my hospital gown. I was a human being. I had a body. They told me this was okay. They were quite familiar with my anatomy. Gradually I relaxed and stopped trying to cover my privates with my hands.

• Informative
Upvote 0