Christian Nudists

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
SO much dross. The guy's clearly misled in his Hebrew understanding.

"Light" (or) starts with the letter aleph; while "skin, hide" ('ur) starts with the letter ayin. They are very different words even though they may sound similar.

A guy at my church gave me that book, and in that book the author explained that they have light bodies like people after the Resurrection do.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A guy at my church gave me that book, and in that book the author explained that they have light bodies like people after the Resurrection do.
Pure conjecture.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Pure conjecture.

What about this comment?

Why God meant for people to be clothed

We as human beings in our natural state are exposed, and thus we are meant to be clothed. Clothing protects our skin from extreme temperatures (hot and cold), and from being cut and scraped. This why we wear clothing and shoes.

God could have designed people with a super durable and protective exterior to the extent that we did not need clothing, but he did not. The reason was that he wanted to separate us out as special from all his other creations. Every other creature on this planet does not need clothing, but they are given custom clothing by God himself. Birds have feathers, bears, dogs and cats have fur. Some creatures have scales, while others have extremely thick skin. Turtles have shells.

This goes against this.

Nudity And Biblical Modesty

Clothes are not just for protection from cold and sun

Someone may argue, God only provides clothes to protect us from the cold and the Sun.” But this argument is wrong because in Hosea 2:9, God reveals that one of the reasons He provided wool and linen for His people was to cover or hide their nakedness: “Therefore I will return and take away My grain in its time and My new wine in its season, and will take back My wool and My linen, given to cover her nakedness.”

In the above verse, “her” refers to the people of Israel and in Hebrew the word “cover” is also “kasa” which means “conceal or hide”. [5] In Hebrew, the word “nakedness” in Hosea 2:9 is the same word used in Exodus 20:26, 28:42, and Leviticus 20:17 in commands against various people exposing their nakedness to those whom God did not want it to be shown.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Another reason couples had lots of children is that so many kids died before reaching adulthood (usually from disease).

For example, Bach fathered 20 children, but only 10 made it to adulthood.

• Informative
Reactions: barefootNH
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's nothing wrong with being comfortable. Ask any woman who has been on her feet all day in high heels.

As for attraction, the only person who would find my nude body attractive is my dear wife - and if I were a stranger, even she wouldn't.

Nudity is totally inappropriate for some activities: football (ouch!), baseball (ouch!), basketball (ouch!), bull riding (OUCH!). You get the idea. But it's also totally appropriate for other activities: swimming, dancing (including ballet), hiking, low-impact games like tennis and bowling, and sitting around relaxing and talking with your friends.

God made His first people nude. He has been making them nude ever since. He has never commanded us to wear clothes. We really need to relax and listen to the Master.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There's nothing wrong with being comfortable. Ask any woman who has been on her feet all day in high heels.

As for attraction, the only person who would find my nude body attractive is my dear wife - and if I were a stranger, even she wouldn't.

Nudity is totally inappropriate for some activities: football (ouch!), baseball (ouch!), basketball (ouch!), bull riding (OUCH!). You get the idea. But it's also totally appropriate for other activities: swimming, dancing (including ballet), hiking, low-impact games like tennis and bowling, and sitting around relaxing and talking with your friends.

God made His first people nude. He has been making them nude ever since. He has never commanded us to wear clothes. We really need to relax and listen to the Master.

http://www.calledtoholiness.com/writings/christian_apparel.php

I know that it probably seems strange that I would say that even husbands and wives ought to remain fully clothed in the presence of each other except, of course, when engaged in the marriage act. Yet, I do say this and I believe for very good reasons. Although it may be legitimate for the husband and wife to see each others nakedness, seeing that they are one flesh, I am convinced that it is not profitable. First, a modest person is always more respected than one that is immodest, and the stability of a marriage depends on mutual respect as much as on any other sentiment. Second, it helps to keep a certain sanctity in the marriage act, thereby removing it from common lust. Third, it makes it far easier to be mindful of modesty in the presence of others if modesty is practiced even in the intimacy of the home. Modesty always pays benefits.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I remember then I was young and looking for a Bible college to go to. Some had policies of no adornment for women. It didn't make any sense to me to go to that type of Bible college. I wanted my efforts to be on scholarly conservative Bible study not made up holiness issues that don't add anything to holiness even if they are touted as such.
The interesting thing to me is that I've run into women over the years who went to that type of school. One there credits often were transferable to other colleges. But the more interesting things is how they used to bend the rules so they could go just beyond the rules. Similar things happen with women in Islamic cultures, like Iran, they dress very conservative while out in public so they don't get caned, but then when they get inside their home they dress up with all dins of fancy clothes and makeup.
Those type of rules are against the nature God created us with and actually cause people to rebel because they know they aren't about how much they love Jesus.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0