Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was referring to this one: Why God meant for people to be clothed

But beyond that, you should apply the same principle to ALL the articles you read.

Do you think this is unbibical? Why did God make woman?

While both man and woman were made for the glory of God, woman glorifies God by being the help meet to man that God designed her to be. Man was made in the image and likeness of God and specifically for the glory of God, but woman was made in the image of man. She was made specifically for man; she is the glory of man.

They are implying women aren't made in God's image like men are.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think this is unbibical? Why did God make woman?
Indeed I do on several levels.

First off, it gets the cart before the horse theologically (which most protestant groups do) by interpreting the OT thru the lens of the NT. God gave those writings to us in the opposite order and should be considered IN THE ORDER HE GAVE THEM TO US IN.

Secondly, it ignores the biblical understanding of sex; that it is a wife's right and a husband's responsibility. (and not the other way around) Instead it opts for the western cultural idea that it was only for the man. That was based on Hippocrates' (the father of western medicine) 400 bc teaching that women had no sexual drive or feelings. Totally unbiblical.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Indeed I do on several levels.

First off, it gets the cart before the horse theologically (which most protestant groups do) by interpreting the OT thru the lens of the NT. God gave those writings to us in the opposite order and should be considered IN THE ORDER HE GAVE THEM TO US IN.

Secondly, it ignores the biblical understanding of sex; that it is a wife's right and a husband's responsibility. (and not the other way around) Instead it opts for the western cultural idea that it was only for the man. That was based on Hippocrates' (the father of western medicine) 400 bc teaching that women had no sexual drive or feelings. Totally unbiblical.

does the bible never say its both?

What about the comment about the Image of God? I've found other sites say similar claims.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
does the bible never say its both?
Paul in 1 Cor 7 balances it out. But that does not alter the fact that he and all the gospel writers grew up with the idea that "Sex is a wife's right and a husband's responsibility."

What about the comment about the Image of God?
It denies a first mention of creation:

Gen 1.27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

IOW both male and female are part of the Image of God.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Paul in 1 Cor 7 balances it out. But that does not alter the fact that he and all the gospel writers grew up with the idea that "Sex is a wife's right and a husband's responsibility."

It denies a first mention of creation:

Gen 1.27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

IOW both male and female are part of the Image of God.

TBN -- TRINITY BROADCAST NETWORD -- TEMPLE OF THE GOD AND GODDESS

Women are a unique creation out of man to supply him a help-meet and have absolutely nothing to do with the nature and appearance of God.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For your own spiritual well-being - stay away from TBN. Most of the stuff they have on there is rather twisted.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
but was that comment bibical?
About women having nothing of the image of God? Not at all. The Gen 1 verse I quoted says the exact opposite.

And beyond that, most of the OT descriptions of the Father are in feminine terms. the most obvious one is El Shaddai - with "shad" being the Hebrew for breast. I suppose a very literal translation would be something like "God - my breast." Of course it is an idiom meaning the all sufficient one like a mother being all the nutritional needs for her newborn. But the image of a nursing woman is an image of God supplying us with what we need.

So I ask you - do you take it that women "have absolutely nothing to do with the nature and appearance of God?"

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
About women having nothing of the image of God? Not at all. The Gen 1 verse I quoted says the exact opposite.

And beyond that, most of the OT descriptions of the Father are in feminine terms. the most obvious one is El Shaddai - with "shad" being the Hebrew for breast. I suppose a very literal translation would be something like "God - my breast." Of course it is an idiom meaning the all sufficient one like a mother being all the nutritional needs for her newborn. But the image of a nursing woman is an image of God supplying us with what we need.

So I ask you - do you take it that women "have absolutely nothing to do with the nature and appearance of God?"

God is masculine, not feminine

Woman was created by God but she was formed from man who is created in God’s image. Woman is created in God’s image but not directly. Though God loves men and women both the same, women were created separately to show God’s image is masculine! Genesis 1:27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; [male] and [female] created he them. God is showing us in this verse that yes He is the creator of both male and female but He did not create them the same way or at the same time

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sam - you absolutely have to stop digging up these off the wall teaching websites.

I have already shown you the falseness of that teaching.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A lot of articles online say that men and women aren't really that different. Do you agree or disagree bibically?
I cannot answer that.

It is trying to analyze certain aspects from the bible that the bible does not directly address. There is usually an agenda in doing so. Since our logic framework is DIFFERENT, it is bound to introduce errors in the process.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I cannot answer that.

It is trying to analyze certain aspects from the bible that the bible does not directly address. There is usually an agenda in doing so. Since our logic framework is DIFFERENT, it is bound to introduce errors in the process.

Do you agree men and women are more alike than different?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you agree men and women are more alike than different?
To me it is irrelevant one way or the other.

Both are made in the image of God. (alike)
Both have different callings and requirements by God. (different)

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Because in the Bible God is masculine.

Upvote 0