Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, yeah. A pro-wealth, pro-death penalty, "no man comes to the Father but by Christ" liberal. We see those all the time, don't we?

Right...JC as a plutocrat, hooded executioner, and smug advocate of political correctness. Something manufactured by the imagination. Liberal Christianity is reality-based.

You're absolutely right. Outside of the Bible, there's no evidence that homosexuality is a sin.

There is none whatsoever there as well.

Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
Right...JC as a plutocrat, hooded executioner, and smug advocate of political correctness. Something manufactured by the imagination. Liberal Christianity is reality-based.

Unfortunately, liberal Christianity may be "reality based", but it isn't Biblically based. Sadly, neither is UMC, anymore.

There is none whatsoever there as well.

No, the Bible is very clear that homosexuality is a sin.

Upvote 0

BratFace

Dec 12, 2008
Texas, USA
✟7,740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good Grief..

this is something that will never be agreed upon... and I personally will choose to support ANY cause for reaching the lost.. Even if it's a Christian Based Night club for dancing, sharing the word in music, leading in worship and reaching out to those who need Jesus. Just because there is DANCING going on, doesn't make it wrong. Dancing at weddings, prom, competitions, or for your own enjoyment isn't wrong. What you dance to and what type of dancing it is makes the difference. Or shall I say what's in one's heart makes the difference.

It's not even worth the argument... Point is there ARE Christian night clubs going up and there is NOTHING anyone can do about it ... You will either choose to support it or not. You have to be the one who determines where your heart lay in this issue... To pass a judgment on it unrighteously is wrong.

Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
Good Grief..

this is something that will never be agreed upon... and I personally will choose to support ANY cause for reaching the lost

Really? Even if it's Unbiblical?

Even if it's a Christian Based Night club for dancing, sharing the word in music, leading in worship and reaching out to those who need Jesus.

So, what is it about the Bible's teaching about evangelism that you think is wrong?

Just because there is DANCING going on, doesn't make it wrong. Dancing at weddings, prom, competitions, or for your own enjoyment isn't wrong. What you dance to and what type of dancing it is makes the difference. Or shall I say what's in one's heart makes the difference.

It's not even worth the argument

Then why does the Bible tell us to contend for sound doctrine?

To pass a judgment on it unrighteously is wrong.

I agree. However, to compare it to scripture and see that it is Unbiblical is not wrong.

Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
PastorJim, where in the Bible does it state not to do what these people are doing? Just because it tells us HOW to spread the Word doesn't mean it says NOT to do this... especially if it's bringing people closer to Christ.

Actually, if the Bible tells us how we are to evangelize, then it is telling us how not to evangelize.

You don't even know what the Gospel is. How do you know if you're sharing it or not?

Upvote 0

Jessica Lauren

Out of The Darkness
Aug 15, 2004
Glendale, CA
✟1,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course I know what the Gospel is, or I wouldn't be a Christian, but thanks for that insult.

I just don't get what the big deal is for a bunch of Christians to have an alcohol free, good time and possibly bringing people closer to Christ is such a big deal to you.

Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
Of course I know what the Gospel is, or I wouldn't be a Christian, but thanks for that insult.

Well, if you know what the Gospel is, then what's with all of the "better life" and "inner peace" and "Jesus lives in her heart" nonsense?

I just don't get what the big deal is for a bunch of Christians to have an alcohol free, good time and possibly bringing people closer to Christ is such a big deal to you.

Because we're not simply talking about Christians having a good time. We're talking about evangelism, which is something Jesus commands us to do. If Jesus commands us to do something, then we MUST do it the way Jesus commanded us to do it.

Upvote 0

Jessica Lauren

Out of The Darkness
Aug 15, 2004
Glendale, CA
✟1,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because people deserve to have a better life through Jesus? I didn't really mention inner peace, I'm not a new-ager by far. Though finding Jesus does that for us too. And Jesus does live in anyones heart who accepts him...

Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they don't know the Gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
Because people deserve to have a better life through Jesus?

No they don't. They deserve God's wrath. The Gospel has nothing to do with having a better life. If it did, then the Apostles who preached the Gospel wouldn't have been martyred and so many Christians around the world wouldn't be in prison and tortured and killed for their faith.

Go and check out Voice of the Martyrs website sometime and do a little research about the "better life these people have".

If Christianity led to a better life, then Jesus wouldn't have said, "in this world you will have tribulations".

And Jesus does live in anyones heart who accepts him...

Thank you for demonstrating my statement that you don't know what the Gospel is to be true.

The Bible never says anything about "accepting" Jesus. To the contrary, it says that it's up to Jesus to accept us, or not. And it doesn't say anything about Jesus living in somebody's heart.

Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they don't know the Gospel.

No, but if they say inane things like "Jesus lives in anyone's heart who accepts him (sic)", then that does mean that they don't know the Gospel.

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jim, the verses about "strange fire" are about Nadab and Abihu who offered "strange fire" to the Lord which was fire that they got on their own rather than that which the Lord gave them. It shows us that we should serve the Lord in the way that He tells us to and not according our own concepts.

I would suppose that a "Christian" nightclub could fall into that category if it's purpose is supposed to be preaching the gospel, but I am not sure if that is their purpose or if their purpose is simply to provide a "safe" entertainment venue.

As far as what the gospel is, many Christians know part of the gospel, but not the complete gospel. That does not mean that the part they know is not the gospel, merely that it is not complete.

Christ does live in us and the Bible does say that:
Colossians 1:27 (New International Version)

27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Christ lives in our human spirit as seen in this verse:
Romans 8:10 (New International Version)

10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.

Our heart as spoken of in the Bible includes our conscience which is part of our spirit and Christ dwells there.

Here are some other verses that tell us that Christ lives in us:

2 Corinthians 13:5 (New International Version)

5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

John 14:20 (New International Version)

20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

and this verse tells us that the word (who is Christ) is in our heart:

Romans 10:8 (New International Version)

8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:

the Spirit is also the word as seen in Eph 6:17

Eph 6:17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

I don't think the Bible does tell us to "accept" Christ, but to believe into Him. And all of us who do believe into Him will receive Him as our life.

Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
Jim, the verses about "strange fire" are about Nadab and Abihu who offered "strange fire" to the Lord which was fire that they got on their own rather than that which the Lord gave them. It shows us that we should serve the Lord in the way that He tells us to and not according our own concepts.

Exactly. Unfortunately, not everyone here believes that.

I would suppose that a "Christian" nightclub could fall into that category if it's purpose is supposed to be preaching the gospel, but I am not sure if that is their purpose or if their purpose is simply to provide a "safe" entertainment venue.

Then why is everybody telling me that it's an evangelism tool?

As far as what the gospel is, many Christians know part of the gospel, but not the complete gospel. That does not mean that the part they know is not the gospel, merely that it is not complete.

What she described is a false Gospel that cannot save, only create false converts, not the Biblical Gospel of salvation.

Christ does live in us and the Bible does say that

Not in the sense that she was talking about and the person she was talking about is an unrepentant sinner. All of the verses you cite are referring specifically to born again believers.

Upvote 0

BratFace

Dec 12, 2008
Texas, USA
✟7,740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really? Even if it's Unbiblical?

There is NOWHERE in the bible where it says having a Christian Night Club is unbiblical. The bible speaks plenty of gathering together to edify each other in Christ. It speaks plenty of coming together in spirit. Take the preconceived notion of night club and call it something else.

So, what is it about the Bible's teaching about evangelism that you think is wrong?

Nothing. I find nothing wrong about what the Bible says about evangelism. I don't think that God looks down and wont bless something that is used to glorify Him and lead people to his Son.

Then why does the Bible tell us to contend for sound doctrine?

Sound doctrine IS being taught. Sound doctrine isn't something that can be limited to a church sunday service. There is NOTHING wrong with hearing the gospel from a church service or anywhere else.

I agree. However, to compare it to scripture and see that it is Unbiblical is not wrong.

Show me where listening to secular music is biblical. Actually it's Unbiblical. Show me where the bible says to enjoy and environment that is ungodly? Because I would much rather go to a Christian Night Club to receive scripture, sing Christian songs watch those come to the alter and participate in watching a youngster want to fellowship in a Godly manor than to go sit in a Jimmy Buffet concert where they are singing about living in a "drunken-haze" and named his band "The Coral Reefer Band" which in reference reefer meant marajuana. HELLO...

Ok, I am now going to pack my children's and my bags to go to North Carolina where my husbands family is soon gathering for his 35 year old sister's funeral.
If you could please take the time you want to reply to this message and pray for his family to receive peace during this time of loss. Instead of sitting here arguing opinions maybe we should try edifying each other in Christ and remembering that we are all on the same team. It angers me to see people want to take something that could be used for the kingdom of God and blast it down because it's not their forte'.

Be Blessed :groupray:

Upvote 0

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
No they don't. They deserve God's wrath. The Gospel has nothing to do with having a better life. If it did, then the Apostles who preached the Gospel wouldn't have been martyred and so many Christians around the world wouldn't be in prison and tortured and killed for their faith.

Go and check out Voice of the Martyrs website sometime and do a little research about the "better life these people have".

If Christianity led to a better life, then Jesus wouldn't have said, "in this world you will have tribulations".

Thank you for demonstrating my statement that you don't know what the Gospel is to be true.

The Bible never says anything about "accepting" Jesus. To the contrary, it says that it's up to Jesus to accept us, or not. And it doesn't say anything about Jesus living in somebody's heart.

No, but if they say inane things like "Jesus lives in anyone's heart who accepts him (sic)", then that does mean that they don't know the Gospel.

They deserve God's wrath?

You promote love and claim to know this Jesus, but last I checked... didn't He say something about "don't judge, or be judged?" Sigh. Baptist mold. Fire and brimstone. Last I checked, the same Gospel you scream also whispers love, patience, kindness, grace, and faith. Yet you'll sit back, scream and yell at the unsaved and the same people every Sunday go to the altar. Seriously... Christ was about acceptance and accepted those you've probably condemned every Sunday with fire and brimstone and stared them until they walked out your doors.

Do you suggest these Christians to not have a place to go? Instead of blind condemnation, how about a logical breakdown. Since Baptist are typically obsessed with condemnation and sin. If you give the sinner a place to avoid sin, what most likely will happen? The sinner will be less likely to sin, so in short you'll have one less condemned soul! WOW! I know! Its a crazy idea!

What else you suggest? Stay cooped up in our homes twitching with anxiety about sinning? Or giving, kids my age especially, a safe place to hang and also show the world we aren't lame or to stuck up to have fun. It also brings the opportunity of spreading the Gospel and a place outside of Sunday to gather and worship. Man these people who lead this certainly deserve hell. Such a foolish thought process..

I question if you even know why Christ died...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
On a more logical note...

I think these are a great idea, provided they are truly Christan night clubs and not just an opportunity to hook up... In all the sense of the word "hook up". If more people my age who were Christians had a place to go, I think we could see more progress in our walks of faith as there would be less temptation to indulge in other... areas.

This would also show those outside the faith that we are allowed to have fun.

Christ meant when He said "life more abundant". He wants us to enjoy ourselves as well as serve Him. Man... If my God was a slave driver I think I'd bail!

Upvote 0

BratFace

Dec 12, 2008
Texas, USA
✟7,740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, I don't think that the way you came to Christ and believing in Him as your personal Savior who came to this earth, died and rose again and sits on the throne next to God our Father, who through Jesus IS the only way to our Heavenly Father was with a preacher standing over you telling you that you were a worthless lost soul, that you are hopeless and you are going to hell so you better pray to Jesus now and attend nothing but anything Scriptural or you will be damned to hell.
Maybe it was that way for you. But a familiar and GODLY approach is to minister in love the truth about eternal desitnation and why God send Jesus to do what he did for us because we are His creation whom He gave a free will to choose to follow after Him.
How is that false teaching? Well, just FYI, this place I told you about does exactly what I just mentioned added with a bit of music and dancing.
Life is hard once you make the decision to follow after Christ. I never once said it was easy. However, you can live in peace, joy, happiness, holiness, and all of the above. There is a time for sorrow, there is a time for grief, there is a time for battle, there is a time to stand up strong for what you believe, there is a time where there will be judgment and time for speaking the Gospel. There is nowhere in the bible that you can prove to me that God wont bless a club that is used as a tool to reach the lost or used for fellowship and fun. I am sorry, but I don't agree with you. I will not limit God and what he plans to do through something.

Upvote 0

Jessica Lauren

Out of The Darkness
Aug 15, 2004
Glendale, CA
✟1,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no fear in love; for perfect love casteth out fear.
- I John 4:18
God has poured out his love into our hearts.
- Romans 5:5

^what does the above mean to you?

How can Christianity not lead to a better life? Everything Jesus told us to do leads to us being happier since we believe Jesus is our savior. Do I think that means a better life on EARTH? Yes and no. Yes because those that do not believe in Jesus are not filled with the love and Joy of knowing Jesus Christ. It is a wonderful thing. Trust me, I've been on the other side of it. But then no, because heaven is much better... and that is one thing we strive for yes? Getting to be in Heaven with Jesus. :)

Also, I don't think that the way you came to Christ and believing in Him as your personal Savior who came to this earth, died and rose again and sits on the throne next to God our Father, who through Jesus IS the only way to our Heavenly Father was with a preacher standing over you telling you that you were a worthless lost soul, that you are hopeless and you are going to hell so you better pray to Jesus now and attend nothing but anything Scriptural or you will be damned to hell.
Maybe it was that way for you. But a familiar and GODLY approach is to minister in love the truth about eternal desitnation and why God send Jesus to do what he did for us because we are His creation whom He gave a free will to choose to follow after Him.
How is that false teaching? Well, just FYI, this place I told you about does exactly what I just mentioned added with a bit of music and dancing.
Life is hard once you make the decision to follow after Christ. I never once said it was easy. However, you can live in peace, joy, happiness, holiness, and all of the above. There is a time for sorrow, there is a time for grief, there is a time for battle, there is a time to stand up strong for what you believe, there is a time where there will be judgment and time for speaking the Gospel. There is nowhere in the bible that you can prove to me that God wont bless a club that is used as a tool to reach the lost or used for fellowship and fun. I am sorry, but I don't agree with you. I will not limit God and what he plans to do through something.

Yep. :)

Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
There is NOWHERE in the bible where it says having a Christian Night Club is unbiblical.

I agree. I never said that it is.

The bible speaks plenty of gathering together to edify each other in Christ.

The only time the Bible talks about gathering together to edify one another is in the context of church, not a nightclub.

Nothing. I find nothing wrong about what the Bible says about evangelism.

So then why do you want to ignore it?

I don't think that God looks down and wont bless something that is used to glorify Him and lead people to his Son.

I disagree. Go find yourself a good Bible concordance and do a study on the phrase "strange fire".

Sound doctrine IS being taught.

Really? Like "accept Jesus in your heart and you'll have a better life"?

Sound doctrine isn't something that can be limited to a church sunday service. There is NOTHING wrong with hearing the gospel from a church service or anywhere else.

I agree, if it's the Gospel and if it's preached as the Bible tells us to preach it.

Show me where listening to secular music is biblical. Actually it's Unbiblical.

Really? What verse says it's Unbiblical?

Show me where the bible says to enjoy and environment that is ungodly?

It doesn't. It says that we're not to enjoy an environment that is Ungodly.

Because I would much rather go to a Christian Night Club to receive scripture, sing Christian songs watch those come to the alter and participate in watching a youngster want to fellowship in a Godly manor than to go sit in a Jimmy Buffet concert where they are singing about living in a "drunken-haze" and named his band "The Coral Reefer Band" which in reference reefer meant marajuana. HELLO...

First of all, if you don't like Jimmy Buffett, then, by all means, don't go.

Second, only one or two of his songs, out of a catalog of hundreds of songs, have anything to do with alcohol.

You might be interested to know that, through the magic of technology, you can leave those songs out. Songs like Margaritaville, WDWGDAS, and TWIHWYWB don't appear anywhere on my ipod.

Third, if you knew anything about the history of the band, then you'd know that, while "reefer" is a slang word for a joint, that isn't why the band is named that.

Fourth, the two are not the same thing because nobody is claiming that a Jimmy Buffett concert is an evangelistic outreach.

Instead of sitting here arguing opinions maybe we should try edifying each other in Christ and remembering that we are all on the same team.

We're not arguing opinions. We're arguing whether you should follow God's word or not.

It angers me to see people want to take something that could be used for the kingdom of God and blast it down because it's not their forte'.

But if it isn't God's "forte", then we shouldn't be using it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PastorJim

Jul 12, 2006
✟3,601.00
Faith
Baptist
They deserve God's wrath?

You promote love and claim to know this Jesus, but last I checked... didn't He say something about "don't judge, or be judged?" Sigh. Baptist mold. Fire and brimstone. Last I checked, the same Gospel you scream also whispers love, patience, kindness, grace, and faith. Yet you'll sit back, scream and yell at the unsaved and the same people every Sunday go to the altar. Seriously... Christ was about acceptance and accepted those you've probably condemned every Sunday with fire and brimstone and stared them until they walked out your doors.

Do you suggest these Christians to not have a place to go? Instead of blind condemnation, how about a logical breakdown. Since Baptist are typically obsessed with condemnation and sin. If you give the sinner a place to avoid sin, what most likely will happen? The sinner will be less likely to sin, so in short you'll have one less condemned soul! WOW! I know! Its a crazy idea!

What else you suggest? Stay cooped up in our homes twitching with anxiety about sinning? Or giving, kids my age especially, a safe place to hang and also show the world we aren't lame or to stuck up to have fun. It also brings the opportunity of spreading the Gospel and a place outside of Sunday to gather and worship. Man these people who lead this certainly deserve hell. Such a foolish thought process..

I question if you even know why Christ died...

Good thing for you the moderators will just sit there are not do a thing while you flame and slander me like that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.