Rishad Nathan D'Souza
Oct 25, 2011
Mumbai
✟15,210.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
nobody like my list. their some very good bands on it. A hill to die upon is doom metal. pantokrator is another. If you listen to POD's first album its very christian. much more so then their newer stuff. And hey Rishad got your reguest. If you need more metal bands ask. I know alot. But dont ask about Catholicism, i am Quaker and dont agree with a lot of their teachings. but oh well. birds of as feather flock together. Doesnt make you any less christian then me. just a different few point of it. But I am a huge metal head.

Thanks for the information and help, God Bless :)

Upvote 0

DontTreadOnMike

Eddaic Literalist
Jan 28, 2010
✟16,936.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...dark lay still...

Wow. I came here for the nostalgia of listening to all the old Christian metal bands I liked in highschool and what do I see? To my surprise, I not only find the bands I used to listen to in highschool, but the band I used to be in! Feels good to know people still listen to us haha

I'll contribute. Not sure if anyone mentioned them but Extol is amazing.

Upvote 0

Rishad

Rishad Nathan D'Souza
Oct 25, 2011
Mumbai
✟15,210.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Was going through a list of Christian rock bands on Wiki, learnt of a band named X-Sinner that said it sounded like AC/DC, searched for a few of their tracks on youtube, i don't think a lot of you guys gonna believe me on this but they are better than AC/DC themselves, a must see.

Upvote 0

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
OHIO. home of THE Ohio State Buckeyes
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Wow. I came here for the nostalgia of listening to all the old Christian metal bands I liked in highschool and what do I see? To my surprise, I not only find the bands I used to listen to in highschool, but the band I used to be in! Feels good to know people still listen to us haha

I'll contribute. Not sure if anyone mentioned them but Extol is amazing.
extol now is mantric. which is great to. like them better, or grown into them. So know your atheist. what up. soem dunb religious denom run you off. dont let that happen. its personal. just you and God.

Upvote 0

DontTreadOnMike

Eddaic Literalist
Jan 28, 2010
✟16,936.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
extol now is mantric. which is great to. like them better, or grown into them. So know your atheist. what up. soem dunb religious denom run you off. dont let that happen. its personal. just you and God.

Haha no I didnt have a bad experience or anything like that. I was 100% happy then and Im 110% happy now. I just learned and grew. The band is still playing music and theyre still christian.

EDIT: And I'm talking Burial-era Extol. Celestial Completion!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Haha no I didnt have a bad experience or anything like that. I was 100% happy then and Im 110% happy now. I just learned and grew. The band is still playing music and theyre still christian.

EDIT: And I'm talking Burial-era Extol. Celestial Completion!
well yea i see your wife is probably an influence on you and that aron-ra guy. i have had many debates with him. he is fond of himself and his vast knowledge of everything in the world. he does know alot. And extol was way ahead of the music world. but anyways enjoy the metal. i know i do. So when are they putting out a new album. Thats the thing that bugs me. the christian bands with a lot of talent take forever to put out albums. usually because they pay it all themselves. but i am glad they take the time out of their lives to bring me good music.

Upvote 0

DontTreadOnMike

Eddaic Literalist
Jan 28, 2010
✟16,936.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
well yea i see your wife is probably an influence on you and that aron-ra guy. i have had many debates with him. he is fond of himself and his vast knowledge of everything in the world. he does know alot. And extol was way ahead of the music world. but anyways enjoy the metal. i know i do. So when are they putting out a new album. Thats the thing that bugs me. the christian bands with a lot of talent take forever to put out albums. usually because they pay it all themselves. but i am glad they take the time out of their lives to bring me good music.

Funny story. My wife was a Christian too. We both independently stopped believing in Christianity and didn't tell each other for a few months because we both thought the other would be upset haha.

Dark Lay Still changed their name and style yet again actually haha. This will be their 5th change since I've left. They've been Xray of a Graveyard, Shyanne, The Miracle of, back to Dark Lay Still, and now whatever they are. I don't actually know their new name. They practice twice a week but they don't play shows right now. They want to finish their next album before playing live. A couple members recently had kids so that slowed things down a bit, although, like I said, they're still practicing every week. When I see Chris (guitarist) later this week or next week, I'll ask him when we can expect new music haha

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

With dead memories in my heart
Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Ikr, atleast there doin that. WHen i hear a new ablum come out for a really good band, I cant wait. One thing I cant stand is there where some rlly good bands, that after their second or first ablums, they broke-up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ikr, atleast there doin that. WHen i hear a new ablum come out for a really good band, I cant wait. One thing I cant stand is there where some rlly good bands, that after their second or first ablums, they broke-up.
a few bands i am waiting patiently on. 7 horns 7 eyes. afterimage, and bloodline severed. impending dooms new one sounds like it will be good. But hey you have got to check out REVOCATION. they are not christian, and have a few f*** in the lyrics but they arent antichristian, mostly death and doom politics. they are VERY VERY GOOD. check out their first one and their newest one but all three are very good. If you know of some new christian bands let me know always looking for some new bands.

Upvote 0

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Funny story. My wife was a Christian too. We both independently stopped believing in Christianity and didn't tell each other for a few months because we both thought the other would be upset haha.

Dark Lay Still changed their name and style yet again actually haha. This will be their 5th change since I've left. They've been Xray of a Graveyard, Shyanne, The Miracle of, back to Dark Lay Still, and now whatever they are. I don't actually know their new name. They practice twice a week but they don't play shows right now. They want to finish their next album before playing live. A couple members recently had kids so that slowed things down a bit, although, like I said, they're still practicing every week. When I see Chris (guitarist) later this week or next week, I'll ask him when we can expect new music haha
well sorry to hear about your losing faith , maybe some day your be brought back in. but on the other subject, that would be cool let me know what they got going on. i am not into doom metal all that much but they were pretty good. I like A hill to die upon, they are really good.

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
a few bands i am waiting patiently on. 7 horns 7 eyes. afterimage, and bloodline severed. impending dooms new one sounds like it will be good. But hey you have got to check out REVOCATION. they are not christian, and have a few f*** in the lyrics but they arent antichristian, mostly death and doom politics. they are VERY VERY GOOD. check out their first one and their newest one but all three are very good. If you know of some new christian bands let me know always looking for some new bands.

Wow awesome awesome awesome, bands. The one i really love though is bloodline severed, very unique sound. I dont know how many chrisitan bands you know but heres a few a found recently that are new: Ace Augustine, Righteous Vendetta, Mercy Screams, Misery Chastian (mortal treasons' vocalist, Seth Kimbrough, is the vocalists for this band :D) Callisto, still breathing (girl vocalist band sickkk) The showdown, Hands, Gideon, Hope for the Dying, with blood comes cleansing (not many ppl know bout this band so there still new in my mind) Well thats it for now, hope this helps. Thank you so much for give me the band names. Im so going to get their albums

Last edited:
Upvote 0

apocolypticremedy999

Jan 22, 2012
Long Beach, CA.
✟15,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just got into Christian metal. My favorite is August Burns Red! They really have a good sound with a unique style. I used to be into punk rock mostly, and I listened to some metal as well; my favorite was Cradle of Filth. I hate them now, but they were alright. I just recently started getting back into Christian metal now because of my anger for wickedness and evil people, who persecute me on a daily basis and commit wickedness that I hate. They are the fuel feeding my internal fire, which is now burning out of control against this evil disgusting generation! And then they tell me that I'm not alone or that I'm not the only one that feels this way, but who are they to tell me that when they're the ones that do these things and persecute me so harshly? The difference between when I used to listen to metal and now, is that my anger is now directed somewhere else, but now at the right place; against Satan and all of his followers. I will not get into Satanic death metal or black metal anymore, they're abominations and I don't see what they're so angry about.

I reccomend "Redemption" by August Burns Red.
August Burns Red (Redemption) - YouTube

I also like As I Lay Dying and Demon Hunter.

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I just got into Christian metal. My favorite is August Burns Red! They really have a good sound with a unique style. I used to be into punk rock mostly, and I listened to some metal as well; my favorite was Cradle of Filth. I hate them now, but they were alright. I just recently started getting back into Christian metal now because of my anger for wickedness and evil people, who persecute me on a daily basis and commit wickedness that I hate. They are the fuel feeding my internal fire, which is now burning out of control against this evil disgusting generation! And then they tell me that I'm not alone or that I'm not the only one that feels this way, but who are they to tell me that when they're the ones that do these things and persecute me so harshly? The difference between when I used to listen to metal and now, is that my anger is now directed somewhere else, but now at the right place; against Satan and all of his followers. I will not get into Satanic death metal or black metal anymore, they're abominations and I don't see what they're so angry about.

I reccomend "Redemption" by August Burns Red.
August Burns Red (Redemption) - YouTube

I also like As I Lay Dying and Demon Hunter.

Ya good bands, also check out for today, mychildren mybride, bloodline severed

Saul Of Tarsus (The Messenger) - For Today Lyrics - YouTube

[NEW] Mychildren Mybride - King Of The Hopeless - YouTube

Bloodline Severed-A Vision Revealed-Christian Metalcore - YouTube

Hope you like em, I have alot of other chrisitan bands I know if you would like to have mor ebands to listen too?

Upvote 0