Christian men tempted by breastfeeding in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I haven't read all 62 pages of this, but I'm just going to throw this out there.

If your breast feeding, your breast is visible. Men love looking at boobs, and looking at boobs that arn't your wifes is lust and a sin.
Don't look.

See how easy that was.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I haven't read all 62 pages of this, but I'm just going to throw this out there.

If your breast feeding, your breast is visible. Men love looking at boobs, and looking at boobs that arn't your wifes is lust and a sin. If you are breastfeeding in public, you are putting a stumbling block in front of men who are trying not to lust. All your intentions in the world doesn't matter, because at the end of the day, you breast are visible and its very hard for men to look away. Its like putting an alcoholic drink in front of a recovering alcoholic. Technically you aren't causing them to sin because they still have to choose to drink it (or lust). But you just made it a LOT harder

If the bozo can keep from being obvious about staring and can be counted on to not be driven by his impulses to attempt a rape then all is well and don't worry about it.

Upvote 0

anewman1993

Aug 17, 2014
✟19,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I know a guy who is a former alcoholic who hasn't had a drink in 25 years. We drink in front of him all the time. It is up to him to not partake. As has been said in this thread that you haven't read (wow, three rhymes!), if a guy has a problem with a woman breast feeding, that's his problem, not hers. Do you really think that the potential lustful thoughts of a man outweigh the dietary needs of a baby?

she doesn't have to not breastfeed,but she does need to make sure her breast is not visible to anyone in the area. Just find a corner, or secluded spot(thats not like, dangerously secluded), keep an extra peice of clothing or fabric around to cover with so everyone who walks by can't see. It bafles me that people think is ok in any situation to just pop their breast out and think thats not going to tempt guys, and its no concern of theirs. We are called to not cause others to sin, if something you are doing causes someone temptation DON'T DO IT.

Don't look.

See how easy that was.

Its NOT that easy. I wish it was

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
she doesn't have to not breastfeed,but she does need to make sure her breast is not visible to anyone in the area. Just find a corner, or secluded spot(thats not like, dangerously secluded), keep an extra peice of clothing or fabric around to cover with so everyone who walks by can't see. It bafles me that people think is ok in any situation to just pop their breast out and think thats not going to tempt guys, and its no concern of theirs. We are called to not cause others to sin, if something you are doing causes someone temptation DON'T DO IT.

Some people have foot fetishes. A person wearing sandals would tempt them. Should everyone stop wearing sandals?

Its NOT that easy. I wish it was

Perv.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I would love to get some feedback on this topic. It doesn't seem right that a Christian man would blame a breastfeeding mother for his temptation.

Public Breastfeeding Is Not A Temptation For Christian Men

From the link:

"I think we have all come to the consensus that public breastfeeding is totally fine. It should be accepted and even embraced because it is a healthy, natural, and normal way to feed a child."

I think this person is an idiot who has no clue what they are talking about. Unless you absolutely have no choice (and I question when if ever this is true), have a little class, excuse yourself and do it elsewhere. How completely absurd that it's "fine" and "should be embraced."

All hail our brilliant "anything goes" society and it's infallible logic!

:barf:

PS: I have no idea what this has to do with a "Christian man blaming a breastfeeding mother for his temptation," but that sounds equally lame.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The major purpose of the female breast is to feed a child. So... yes, it is "fine" and "should be embraced".

It is natural. It is as natural as you can get. We are mammals and our bodies make milk to feed our babies.

If this is somehow tempting people, they have issues. If they can be aroused by seeing a boob that a baby is suckling on then there's something wrong, and it's not the woman's problem to deal with.

Upvote 0

anewman1993

Aug 17, 2014
✟19,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Some people have foot fetishes. A person wearing sandals would tempt them. Should everyone stop wearing sandals?

Most people don't have a foot fetish, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the VAST majority of guys are highly sexually attracted to female breast. In a perfect world, there would be nothing wrong with a woman feeding her child in public, but its not a perfect world, we have sin in it, and you shouldn't do things that cause another to sin. If you do it discreetly and its near impossible for someone to see the womans breast that one thing, but in most cases Ive heard of the woman just kind flops it out there where everyone in the world can see it then gets mad because guys, who are naturally attracted to female breast, want to look. You shouldn't do something that causes another to sin PERIOD. If you KNOW its a stumbling block to most guys, you shouldn't do it. You should breast feed in public for the exact same reason you shouldn't walk around topless if your a woman (or heck, even if your guy because I'm sure some woman like looking at mens bodies like men do women)

Perv.

If the bozo can keep from being obvious about staring and can be counted on to not be driven by his impulses to attempt a rape then all is well and don't worry about it.

Thats not the issue though. It doesn't matter if he is being obvious about it or not, if he is looking and lusting its sin. It doesn't mean he wants to rape her and if you honestly believe that I don't know what kind of rock youve been living under.

Breasts full of milk are "sexual parts"...??

Okaaaaay.............

Well, generally human female breast are something that is pretty sexual. I mean, there is a hole industry that revolves around letting people see them. Its a horrible industry, but it shows that they are something men see sexually.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They're only sexual because our culture fixates on them in that way. We hide them and refuse to reveal them, and make them taboo. There are many cultures where women go around without tops or bras, and there isn't given a second thought to the female breast.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thats not the issue though. It doesn't matter if he is being obvious about it or not, if he is looking and lusting its sin. It doesn't mean he wants to rape her and if you honestly believe that I don't know what kind of rock youve been living under.

Well, generally human female breast are something that is pretty sexual. I mean, there is a hole industry that revolves around letting people see them. Its a horrible industry, but it shows that they are something men see sexually.

Do you have a problem avoiding lusting when you see a woman breast feeding? I don't seem to have said problem. One doesn't solve the lust problem by more and more concealing. One solves it by self control. And it begins - for some - by being trustworthy to actually let the opposite sex be safe.

Upvote 0

GNJ

Picker 'n' Chooser
Aug 1, 2012
New Jersey, USA.
✟15,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I can't believe anyone would have an issue with this. Sexualizing breasts to the point of even being tempted when a BABY is attached to one is just... Ridiculous. Women should be able to feed their child wherever and whenever they want without fear of provoking lust in some man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GNJ

Picker 'n' Chooser
Aug 1, 2012
New Jersey, USA.
✟15,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Based on that logic, people should be allowed to have sex in public. Why not? It's normal, it's natural, it's healthy (blah blah blah.....).

Breast feeding is not sex, it is not even close to sex. There is nothing sexual about it.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Based on that logic, people should be allowed to have sex in public. Why not? It's normal, it's natural, it's healthy (blah blah blah.....).

If a woman breast feeding a baby in public is as arousing to you as a couple having sex in public, you have a serious problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anewman1993

Aug 17, 2014
✟19,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Then you have a problem if you are sexualizing every woman that you pass by, and sexualizing breast feeding to boot. How sad.

I don't sexualize every woman I see. But if you think some woman with her breast hanging out her shirt isn't a temptation, then I honestly don't know what to tell you, your either naive or willfully ignorant.

Reactions: Inkachu
Upvote 0

BL2KTN

Scholar, Author, Educator
Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
anewman1993 said:
I don't sexualize every woman I see. But if you think some woman with her breast hanging out her shirt isn't a temptation, then I honestly don't know what to tell you, your either naive or willfully ignorant.

Not much of a "new man" are you? Same as the old, and much less sophisticated than heterosexual men like myself who don't have to pant or drool over a nipple.

Upvote 0

taxreliever

taxreliever
Oct 16, 2011
Maine
Visit site
✟8,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As a guy and a father married to a woman who breastfed wherever we were regardless, I understand and agree with anewman. My wife is very attractive and to have her breasts exposed in public would arouse and tempt most men in my opinion. She was very careful to cover up.

If I saw a careful woman covered and breastfeeding. ....it would bless me that this child is truly being nurished. If I saw a beautiful woman whip out her breasts in broad daylight, it would be difficult not to see the lust in that or not have that image try to work its way in my thoughts. This actually happened to me in my office. A woman had a 3 year old that said he was hungry and she immediately pulled her shirt up completely exposing herself and the kid ran to her and started sucking.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.