Christian marriage same gender? Where???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRD4Him

Apr 26, 2010
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus forgot to mention that sometimes the world hates people for being insufferably obnoxious. Being a follower of Jesus doesn't cure this condition -- in fact, it's been known to exascerbate it.

So true, the haughtiness, hubris and basically better-than-thou stance of the liberal positions here shows that some worldly conditions are tough to cure. And according to Jesus, will not be. Only dust from the shoes and move on.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So true, the haughtiness, hubris and basically better-than-thou stance of the liberal positions here shows that some worldly conditions are tough to cure. And according to Jesus, will not be. Only dust from the shoes and move on.
^_^

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

So, all that haughty hubris, better-than-though liberalism is just dust on your shoes?

What does that make you?

Upvote 0

DRD4Him

Apr 26, 2010
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Many churches are gay affirming, and don't see homosexuality itself as a sin, and certainly not in a loving relationship.

Well then, your home is fine. No need to keep bashing those of us that will never agree with those churches. BTW, Latter Day Saints don't come up with hate crimes laws to get people to support Joseph Smith ways of life. Ever notice that?

However, because my home church split in 2 over whether homosexuals should be allowed in their membership which resulted in half of the congregation leaving to form a no-gay-dewds church,

Sounds very Christ like to me, those that left. Very Christ like. In fact, if they didn't shake the dust off of their feet when they left, they were even nicer than they should have been.

because I mistrust many Christians because they obsessed with the sins of others, and so rarely about how they can act in love, I don't currently go to church.

You have 50% of your church to trust? I dare say I barely see that in any congregation anywhere. You're lucky.

I certainly am not going to join a church to take great wedding picture (admit it - some straight girls do this.). I would probably prefer a justice of the peace. My brother has an MDiv, and when asked if two people came to him and asked if he would marry them, he saiid that he would talk to the couple, see if they are ready for this, and if they were, he would do it.

A degree means very little when it comes to Christian holiness. How many Americans with PhD's espouse marxism now? They went in with an agenda and gained a degree to spread it.

This is a person who has studied the Bible pretty intensely. but I would prefer it to be simple, apparently you can ordained online, we could go down to the beach, and a simple ceremony, and then a small party to celebrate..

Can he join the discussion here and show us any scriptures that describe and condone a same gender "marriage" anywhere in the scriptures he studied so well? And yes, David and Jonathan are to be expected as an example. But I will bring up that they were both married to women and that Jon was so humbly recognizing the messiahship of David and of David's line. It would be so nice to discuss these things with an MDiv.

Upvote 0

DRD4Him

Apr 26, 2010
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, all that haughty hubris, better-than-though liberalism is just dust on your shoes?

What does that make you?

Oh did I forget to mention that all of their poor-pitiful meism tears that come along with those haughty diatribes have all the dust on my shoes turned to mud?

Very difficult to wiggle that stuff off. I'm betting this is why Peter tells us to not go back into the world once we've left it. And why we get harrassed from those still in it.

But what the heck huh? It's 2010 and the bible is just another old story come and gone right? Refer to liberalism.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well then, your home is fine. No need to keep bashing those of us that will never agree with those churches. BTW, Latter Day Saints don't come up with hate crimes laws to get people to support Joseph Smith ways of life. Ever notice that?

Well you stuff it already? All you've done is bash everyone who doesn't agree with you then cry foul when it comes back to you. At least when I provoke someone I can take the comeuppance.

Sounds very Christ like to me, those that left. Very Christ like. In fact, if they didn't shake the dust off of their feet when they left, they were even nicer than they should have been.

I don't think you know how to be nice.

You have 50% of your church to trust? I dare say I barely see that in any congregation anywhere. You're lucky.

A degree means very little when it comes to Christian holiness. How many Americans with PhD's espouse marxism now? They went in with an agenda and gained a degree to spread it.

Like this? Bill Would Allow Texas School to Grant Master's Degree in Science for Creationism - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Can he join the discussion here and show us any scriptures that describe and condone a same gender "marriage" anywhere in the scriptures he studied so well? And yes, David and Jonathan are to be expected as an example. But I will bring up that they were both married to women and that Jon was so humbly recognizing the messiahship of David and of David's line. It would be so nice to discuss these things with an MDiv.

Again, did you stop beating your wife? Yes or no answers only, please.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh did I forget to mention that all of their poor-pitiful meism tears that come along with those haughty diatribes have all the dust on my shoes turned to mud?

Very difficult to wiggle that stuff off. I'm betting this is why Peter tells us to not go back into the world once we've left it. And why we get harrassed from those still in it.

But what the heck huh? It's 2010 and the bible is just another old story come and gone right? Refer to liberalism.
You seem very confused. Liberalism isn't a religion. And you're on to talk about tears with all the crying you do in your sig.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one is going to be able to answer the OP because nowhere in the bible does it say it is ok for 2 men to be married to each other.

On the other hand, nowhere in the Bible does it say that it's not okay for two men to be married to each other.

Using the Bible to stifle the choices of people to marry whomever they choose is using the Bible for which it was never intended.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

BigBadWlf

Oh really?

Show marriage as same gender ANYWHERE in the new testament then.

Otherwise, if you cannot, the the marriage as Jesus defined it Christians: "man and woman" are the persecuted and righteous ones.

So please . . . if you will be so kind? :preach:
*BUMP*

Where in the New Testament is there any justification for prejudice, hatred and discrimination?

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh really?

Show marriage as same gender ANYWHERE in the new testament then.

There is something radically wrong when some actually believe that we are to base our lives around those of a racist, patriarchal, slave-loving culture of some 2000 years ago. :doh:

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is something radically wrong when some actually believe that we are to base our lives around those of a racist, patriarchal, slave-loving culture of some 2000 years ago. :doh:

Not to mention putting words in Jesus' mouth...pretending He was anti-gay. His mention of a man joining with a woman was in no way an exclusive gesture. Seems fundies will go to any length to further propegate oppression. Really sad.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.