• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

Christian lifeguard sues LA County Fire Department over LGBT pride flag mandate

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟468,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Woo, yeah. LG, the Korean electronics company for the win.

I'm a proud LG TV supporter, better than Westinghouse, better than Sony, better than Panasonic. (actually, I like those TVs as well)
1717275705633.jpeg

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟924,501.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If people can be proud of having an LGBT flag,...
I don't think having the flag is what they're proud of, but for obvious reasons I can't go into any more detail here.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,174,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe not now with a more modern take on which parts of the Bible are important but back in the day the Bible clearly says God set people to killing; even the little ones.
You're confused and conflating the Old with the New. I have no way to know if you're saying this on purpose to get a rise out of Christians here or not, but anyone who reads the history of 1st century Christianity can see your statement is inconsistent.

Now, if we were Nazis, which we're not, then you'd have something to your claim.
My point here is (clearly) that this lifeguard is picking and choosing which parts of the Bible he will risk his job for.

Cherry picking is an old canard. It's too easy to claim. Sure, some Christians do cherry pick, but for your claim to be both valid and sound, you would have to actually know something solid about Hermeneutics and Biblical Exegesis in order to be able to precisely, accurately and cogently make the claim that any one Christian (or casual reader of the Bible) is in fact "merely cherry picking" Bible verses in support of their own denominational views or personal understanding rather than citing Scripture in an essentially valid way. So, let's not strawman the lifeguard's assertions and reasoning before we know the context of his overall point of view. So far, all I have is the paltry contents of the OP article.

I mean, I could simply cite the book of Revelation and say that requiring a Christian to attach themselves to, to represent themselves as a part of, or otherwise directly support a political emblem or symbol of, a political outlook that doesn't quite jive morally or theologically with what most Christians understand to be required to be a Christian, and do so IN ORDER TO retain his/her job, is something that Christians have a valid reason to cite as a concern. If I made such a reference, it may or may not be sound, but it would be valid.

The philosophically sticky point would be the extent to which a Christian can associate with a different ideology that is inconsistent with his/her own and still be Christian, like Christians had to deal with back in the 1st thru the early 4th centuries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟282,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What's a pride flag? Is that what they call that rainbow flag now?
Yup. It’s lust month now so be aware.

Veterans get one day in November and lgbt alphabet soup get a whole month! Disgraceful!

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟282,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What a bizarre thing to be proud of...
Pride is the mother of all sins ;) what happens in the bedroom should be private, and no, I’m not going to accommodate anyone :)

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟468,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yup. It’s lust month now so be aware.

Veterans get one day in November and lgbt alphabet soup get a whole month! Disgraceful!
Agreed. And sadly, Pride Month is longer than Black History month. :(

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟282,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Agreed. And sadly, Pride Month is longer than Black History month. :(
That’s true.

The two also shouldn’t be compared.

Homosexuals made their choice. You can’t choose to be black or change your race.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟468,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That’s true.

Homosexuals made their choice. You can’t choose to be black or change your race.
Agreed 100%. The two should never be compared.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟468,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since you agree 100% with @RileyG, why do you choose to be attracted to men? That is against what your deity commands so why do you choose it?
Well, I may have attractions to guys (as well as gals), but I choose not to act on my attractions.

From Bible Devotional: Celibacy for Christ

For myself, as a Christian bi guy, I will remain single and celibate unless married to a woman, in order to stay true to God’s teaching, and prevent catching or spreading disease. Celibacy is similar to a seat belt or face mask, as these are methods to protect people from harm. Yes, there are a lot of handsome guys out there in the world, but it feels morally wrong for me to go against scripture and put others at risk. After hearing about the Mpox outbreak in 2022 (spread primarily by gay folks, but also straight intercourse), it has made me realize that even if hypothetically being “homosexual” is not a sin, verses about celibacy and homosexuality are in the Bible to warn us about protecting our health, as our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). According to a June 2012 study by the Guttmacher Institute, gay males are 2.3-6.9x more likely to receive an STD compared to straight male counterparts. In other words, it is safer for others and myself to remain celibate if gay or bi, instead of being in a homosexual relationship.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟282,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I may have attractions to guys (as well as gals), but I choose not to act on my attractions.

From Bible Devotional: Celibacy for Christ

For myself, as a Christian bi guy, I will remain single and celibate unless married to a woman, in order to stay true to God’s teaching, and prevent catching or spreading disease. Celibacy is similar to a seat belt or face mask, as these are methods to protect people from harm. Yes, there are a lot of handsome guys out there in the world, but it feels morally wrong for me to go against scripture and put others at risk. After hearing about the Mpox outbreak in 2022 (spread primarily by gay folks, but also straight intercourse), it has made me realize that even if hypothetically being “homosexual” is not a sin, verses about celibacy and homosexuality are in the Bible to warn us about protecting our health, as our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). According to a June 2012 study by the Guttmacher Institute, gay males are 2.3-6.9x more likely to receive an STD compared to straight male counterparts. In other words, it is safer for others and myself to remain celibate if gay or bi, instead of being in a homosexual relationship.
Not to mention, promiscuity and habitual cheating is rampant amongst gay men. Lesbians have some of the highest break up rates.

They demand everyone accept their lifestyle, yet they still practice risky behavior and are miserable.

Weird how that works.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟468,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not to mention, promiscuity and habitual cheating is rampant amongst gay men. Lesbians have some of the highest break up rates.

They demand everyone except their lifestyle, yet they still practice risky behavior and are miserable.

Weird how that works.
Agreed. Honestly, I am gonna tell you all something.

All names will be labeled as a single letter, to protect privacy:

I take a taxicab company to work, and one of the drivers, named A, was gay. He asked me for my number, and within hours, he asked me questions. Some people have the Jezebel spirit of manipulation, and this guy was one of those. So, a few weeks later, the taxicab company owner named N called me, and said "Hey, has A been asking strange questions?" I said "yes". Apparently, A has asked another client if he was a "virgin". Glad that this guy A was fired. What a perv...

GROSS...

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟282,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

I take a taxicab company to work, and one of the drivers, named A, was gay. He asked me for my number, and within hours, he asked me questions. Some people have the Jezebel spirit of manipulation, and this guy was one of those. So, a few weeks later, the taxicab company owner named N called me, and said "Hey, has A been asking strange questions". I said "yes". Apparently, [insert driver name] has asked another client if he was a "virgin". Glad that this guy A was fired. What a perv...

GROSS...
A lot of people in the LGBT “community” are hyper sexual or have multiple partners. No surprise here.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟169,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

I take a taxicab company to work, and one of the drivers, named A, was gay. He asked me for my number, and within hours, he asked me questions. Some people have the Jezebel spirit of manipulation, and this guy was one of those. So, a few weeks later, the taxicab company owner named N called me, and said "Hey, has A been asking strange questions". I said "yes". Apparently, [insert driver name] has asked another client if he was a "virgin". Glad that this guy A was fired. What a perv...

GROSS...
Would he have been fired had he been straight and asked inappropriate questions of female clients?
(I’d hope so.)

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟468,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would he have been fired had he been straight and asked inappropriate questions of female clients?
(I’d hope so.)
A straight guy would have been fired for that as well. Another driver named W was fired for just that in 2022 or so, as W was talking about how he likes 20 year old women, when he was an old guy in his 60s.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟871,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Yes. There are no people who are straight that have multiple partners.
I hear NDAs are common, so nobody knows about it.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟169,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That’s true.

Do you remember the date when you “decided” to be heterosexual?

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟209,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guys and gals, this is a heavy one. As a Christian, and as a citizen who respects the Constitution, folks should have freedom of speech, therefore, freedom of religion, as long as it does not harm anyone. This lifeguard, Mr. Jeffrey Little refused to fly the gay pride flag because of his Christian faith, and was sadly harassed by others on and off his site of employment.

Life anecdote (feel free to skip): For myself, as a Christian bi guy (who will always remain single and celibate, unless married to a woman, as celibacy is the equivalent of wearing a seatbelt in a car or mask to protect others during pandemics), this pride stuff is kinda messed up. We are supposed to live humbly as Christians, and as a society in general. In fact, my parents and I do not pledge allegiance* to the flag of the US or any other nation either, as that is idolatry (Exodus verse) of the nth degree. So yes, this pride flag stuff should not be shoved down the throats of everybody.

*Matthew 5:34 (NIV): "But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne."

Article summary (<20% of article length, for fair usage reasons, summarized by Mistral 7B AI):

A Christian lifeguard named Jeffrey Little, who has served Los Angeles County for 22 years, is suing the Los Angeles County Fire Department (LACoFD) for religious discrimination. He refused to fly the LGBT Progress Pride flag at his lifeguard facility in Pacific Palisades during last summer due to his traditional Christian beliefs regarding same-sex activity, the immutability of sex, and the belief that all people are children of God. After requesting a religious accommodation, the LACoFD granted and then rescinded it. Subsequently, Little was subjected to retaliation, harassment, and his personal information was leaked, resulting in a death threat against him and his family. The lawsuit alleges violations of his First Amendment and federal and state laws. The LACoFD declined to comment on the case. Little's attorneys hope this case will set a precedent for other Christians with similar objections.
If it’s his employer’s wish, then he flies it. Person who doesn’t like what their boss wants them to do, but has to do it anyway is hardly a newsflash.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,246,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This lifeguard, Mr. Jeffrey Little refused to fly the gay pride flag because of his Christian faith, and was sadly harassed by others on and off his site of employment.
From what I gather from other related articles, this wasn't a case where they asked him to personally put up the flag, he was punished because he went out of his way to take them down after someone else put them up.

It's the difference between "making a Jewish guy personally eat/serve pork" (which would be a legit religious gripe) vs. "Jewish guy is mad because other people are eating pork near him, so he takes it upon himself to throw their lunches in the trash, gets fired, and then tries to play the victim" (which would be a flimsy gripe)

Upvote 0