Christian life in Denmark (and Scandinavia)

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hej!
I'm from northern Sweden and Gen Z, and this put a smile on my lips, Academia in Denmark is not the typical place I would think of Christians.
Sadly, Scandinavia has gone from a very faithful people to one of the most godless in the world, and I love the people here but we need God.

I recommend to stay out of the Catholic Church, it's rather common down in Denmark but we had it banned until the 1953 and it's very rare here.
Protestant is the Nordic way. It suits us, bur our churches has been taken over by Christ hating Marxists, many leave instead to fight (not by hands like a fight) for their church.

Many don't even know that we exist, the for foreigners cold way and not to talk to strangers probably but the countryside is still Christian in Sweden and Norway. I don't know about DK.

Hej! Tack för ditt svar! -- Thank you for your honesty.

I think in many respects Scandinavians are admirable to outsiders, seemingly advanced, forward thinking, honest, just, kind, humane, socially just, merciful, perceptive, thoughtful and considerate, insightful and wise. Many aspects are very refreshing compared to other places. I'm not sure as much of that may just be 'cultural' legacy from hundreds of years ago, not necessarily reflecting current values. Maybe you can share more.

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It was like this in the 90s from what my older sisters told me. Feminism was huge here in Sweden and equal right to men seen as an obvious thing.

It lead to that many men doesn't trust us anymore, and it's a big problem in my generation. Milllenialls screws up everything and we pay the price.

we are not oppressed by Nordic men and we never was. There are no better men in this world. Denmark kept its common while we had periods of feminism and mass migration to Sweden.

Swedish churches are still suffering the consequences as many females find the faith but not many men, and female priests are now more than men in Church of Sweden. Female priests now outnumber male ones in Church of Sweden

In your experience, what place does Scripture have in Sweden, in the family, day to day, and society at large? And where do Paul's words fit in? e.g. "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." (1 Tim 2:12)

If such passages have no effect on families and churches that would explain why churches have become political places for gender politics and family politics, instead of this:

"And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt show them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do." (Ex 18:20)

It's sad because believers are "children of light" (1 Thes 5:5) and the body of Christ is one, united without schism (1 Corinthians 12:12-27). Gender is not a battlefield. If anything each member/person is to be celebrated/rejoiced. Every person has a place.

An emasculated society seems to be the cultural norm for many. I wonder, does a man's voice hold any weight?

In the SVG debate, my views are somewhat closest to the Danish psychologist and the Swedish teacher, and their opponents come across as insufferable, radical, nasty. Maybe there's something major fuelling that fury, personal loss or sadness. I wonder if that is sensationalised for TV or a fair and accurate representation day to day?

French and Italians are very vocal so it's not uncommon to hear colourful exchanges during meals or meetings, but usually it's an honest dialogue and when people are happy or sad it's usually accurate. But in Chinese culture (most Asian cultures), controversy or discussion itself is discouraged, so often people may seem very smiley and happy at the table yet are harbouring evil thoughts, anger, bitterness, resentment, etc, while they eat.

It just makes little sense since Swedes are known to be intelligent and introverted, sensitive, kind, hospitable, and historically were the religious pioneers in Scandinavia. If anything they should be the champions for Christ.

Biblically, acceptance of "mass migrants" as asylum seekers, refugees, etc, is NOBLE, KIND, and MERCIFUL. It's loving thy neighbour as self, and it's what Israel should be doing.

At the same time, how can there be so many feminist radicals, militant neo-nazis, racists/xenophobes, etc. It doesn't add up.

Here in Aus, God, Scripture, and the Queen, got usurped/replaced by the government, and biblical values have deteriorated quite obviously since the 90s. So maybe it's similar in Sweden, also symptomatic of European stresses/anxieties over resource scarcity(?), hence the green/renewable initiatives(?). That then somehow social responsibility, leftism, and far-leftism, became a kind of movement and religion of sorts(?).

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Dr. Eitan Bar's speech in Norway at Credokirken, with Norwegian translation.

Facebook video:
Credokirken - Velkommen til gudstjeneste Credokirken! | Facebook | By Credokirken | Vi gleder oss til å feire gudstjeneste sammen idag! Vi får besøk av Dr. Eitan Bar og ser fram til å høre han forkynne.

English only edit:

@Robban. Credokirken is apparently an evangelical megachurch in Bergen, formerly Levende Ord Bibelsenter. However this message is rather atypical for evangelicalism. About Yeshua, knowledge and belief in the Messiah in Israel, with explanations about rabbinical/pharisaic history, church history and the problem of anti-semitism in the early church to Luther to the Holocaust, and the confusion/hypocrisy of all such conflicts within Christendom. It would be completely opposite to my earlier explanation/criticism about evangelicalism in the West. Here, instead of hyper-spiritualism and charismatic self-aggrandisement there's a truthful testimony about a man's life, his experience, intentions and work, and his account of witnessing God's work in Israel. -- Ordinarily I'd ignore a megachurch but this may be different. I was in Bergen I'd likely visit.

Hi there,
recieved an alert of this thread, had completely forgotten,

but I see the above post is from 23 july which is why I have to ask you to excuse my delay in reply.

I was in my boat and did not have internet.

The video you posted is not available for viewing here.

There are Christian antisemites, they are mistaken in their understanding. that is all I want to say on that front.

At one time here around advent and Christmas there were lights and stars in most windows, not so today.

The area has emptied out and now mostly muslim,

I have to say I like the muslim women for their friendliness,

and even the men are friendly.

I have never had a car so I take the bus and that is where

I have formed my opinion.

In fact when the muslims first started to come in their long gowns it made me glad, I thought at last something to point toward something higher, if you get what I mean.
:)

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The video you posted is not available for viewing here.

Hi Robban! I've update the links below. You might appreciate this. Dr Eitan Bar is from One For Israel Ministry. He explains from a Hebrew perspective the problems with Evangelicalism or Western Christian thinking, including a seriously covered up history of anti-semitism. Particularly rare to see in a Scandinavian church, and evangelical mega-church.

The FB link doesn't work on CF. There's an equivalent video on YT without the Norwegian translation, but I can't find it, maybe deleted.

Here's the FB link without the hyperlink: www.facebook.com/credokirken/videos/355193536420440

If that doesn't work, search Google for: "Dr. Eitan Bar credokirken", Facebook 24 Apr 2022. Description: Vi gleder oss til å feire gudstjeneste sammen idag! Vi får besøk av Dr. Eitan Bar og ser fram til å høre han forkynne.

One For Israel YT Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ONEFORISRAEL

The same message in other videos:

The 3 Reasons Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus & Israel Evangelism Report By Eitan Bar

Eitan Bar - One For Israel - Understanding The Times 2018

Understanding the Times with Eitan Bar

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi Robban! I've update the links below. You might appreciate this. Dr Eitan Bar is from One For Israel Ministry. He explains in from a Hebrew perspective the problems with Evangelicalism or Western Christian thinking, including a seriously covered up history of anti-semitism. It was particularly rare to see in a Scandinavian church, and a branch of an evangelical mega church.

The FB link doesn't work on CF. There's an equivalent video on YT without the Norwegian translation, but I can't find it, maybe deleted.

Here's the FB link without the hyperlink: www.facebook.com/credokirken/videos/355193536420440

If that doesn't work, search Google for: "Dr. Eitan Bar credokirken", Facebook 24 Apr 2022. Description: Vi gleder oss til å feire gudstjeneste sammen idag! Vi får besøk av Dr. Eitan Bar og ser fram til å høre han forkynne.

One For Israel YT Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ONEFORISRAEL

The same message in other videos:

The 3 Reasons Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus & Israel Evangelism Report By Eitan Bar

Eitan Bar - One For Israel - Understanding The Times 2018

Understanding the Times with Eitan Bar

Well, I just got through the first vid.

It did not sway me in any way, reminded me of politics though.

I am not a fan of politics.

Today this world is tottering on the brink of, for humanity

a catastrophe.

One of our sages meant that, Islam's purpose was to point to a One God.
Christianty's purpose was to point to the coming of the Messiah.

No more no less.

Whoever this Messiah will be there shall be no mistake,

there will be an ingathering of the exiles and world peace.

Do not know what more to say other than the last line of Psalms 4

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
There are Christian antisemites, they are mistaken in their understanding. that is all I want to say on that front.

At one time here around advent and Christmas there were lights and stars in most windows, not so today.

The area has emptied out and now mostly muslim,

I have to say I like the muslim women for their friendliness,

and even the men are friendly.

I have never had a car so I take the bus and that is where

I have formed my opinion.

In fact when the muslims first started to come in their long gowns it made me glad, I thought at last something to point toward something higher, if you get what I mean.
:)

"All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Rom 8:28)

Jews/Israelites is both a religion, culture, and ethnicity, but "muslim" refers only to religion and not an individual's ethnicity. A muslim person could be anything from the original descendants of Ishmael, to Turks, Chinese or Central Asians in Xinjiang, Hindus in Pakistan, etc, to a local Scandinavian. This is the trouble. Also, many 'muslim countries' actually more biblical laws and cultures than Western Christian countries or Israel. This is the irony. The West is often only 'Christian' in name, but there is no Christ or Scripture behind the scenes.

Jews should be celebrated as God's chosen, but currently God's favour has departed since Christ and the following destruction of the Temple/Jerusalem. Then when the Jewish diaspora is combined with the inhospitableness of local goyim it's a recipe for disaster.

Many churches believe in the OT, Tanak and Torah, but there's a disconnect when it comes to it's relevance and application since we follow Christ and are a chosen by the Holy Spirit, less Moses and from the Exodus. We are not genetically born of 'Israel' but spiritually born from God, mentally/ideologically. But there is clearly a lot of error and false teaching in our churches also. In theology it's called 'supercessionism' or 'replacement theology'. This IMO is the main theological error, and reason for anti-semitism. Also in general Christians do acknowledge and respect Jewishness in Christ, the apostles, and everything Judaic or Hebraic in Scripture, however not as 'Jewish' necessarily but more as Davidic or Abrahamic, as the basis of the kingdom and salvation.

e.g. Romans 4, "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all." (Rom 4:16)

The other confusion is that because during Christ's life Jerusalem's corruption was at its peak, with the main groups in Jerusalem, the High Priests, Sadducees, pharisees, all 3 groups are perceived as corrupt. The 'Pharisees' especially are seen as villains who "killed Christ". Nowadays it's not uncomoon for Christians to use the word 'pharisee' as a passive-aggressive insult. But many fail to realise that modern Christian churches are based on 'reformed Judaism' as well Christ and New Covenant concepts, following the system set by the pharisees after the temple was destroyed. i.e. Christians ARE pharisees more or less. Another irony.

If Swedes are as you say, I'm not sure if its limited to certain geographics or demographics, but it's sad and misguided. Also it would seem to be a symptomatic of something bigger.

One of my colleagues came from Sweden and he has some very entitled and bigoted ideas. One time he was talking about "healthcare" and then related it to "Christ", as if implying Christ is healthcare. It's another topic altogether, but there a many people who are problematically addicted to numerous pharmaceutical products and die in hospitals. Yet Scandinavians rely on and trust the state in almost every aspect of life. This is quite problematic.

"Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. ...Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God:" (Ps 146:3-5)

Honouring the monarchy and government is commanded (Mt 22), so this right, but it seems the state is either too big or the people are too small, and there's a disconnect between God and his people.

For instance, you take the bus, which is the norm and cultural (please correct me if mistaken), and I like that option too, but not every place can be reached by public transport and not most efficiently either if there are multiple back and forth trips in a day. So a car or truck is the most popular preference worldwide, irrespective of the fossil-fuel debate this is the norm. But the Norwegian drivers license costs 30,000 NOK, or $3,675 which for some that is a years worth of energy bills and a large portion of their living wage. So I realise there are reasons for that but the bottom line doesn't seem just, fair, equitable or accessible to all, but it makes driving exclusive to the rich only and forces the people to be reliant on state services. Without freedom to choose what difference is that from becoming herded cattle. I see this pattern in many areas. The irony and hypocrisy is that there are such beautiful laws like Allemannsretten ("everyman's right") where everyone has the right/freedom to roam without being accused of 'trespass'. What happened to that?

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Whoever this Messiah will be there shall be no mistake,

I see. Well then. Kindly, I'll present here some quotes and perhaps you can tell me your interpretation, who you think these quotes refer to, and where they were written?

Quote 1:
1 said:
I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Quote 2:
2 said:
Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Quote 3:
3 said:
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Quote 4:
4 said:
But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Do not know what more to say other than the last line of Psalms 4

Yes, I agree.

In peace will I both lay me down and sleep; for Thou, LORD, makest me dwell alone in safety.
בְּשָׁלוֹם יַחְדָּו, אֶשְׁכְּבָה וְאִישָׁן: כִּי-אַתָּה יְהוָה לְבָדָד; לָבֶטַח, תּוֹשִׁיבֵנִי.

Quote 5:
5 said:
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Christ said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Mt 11:28-30)

Islam's purpose was to point to a One God.
Christianty's purpose was to point to the coming of the Messiah.

No more no less.

God is one, that is true. But who do you think God was speaking to in Bereshit, Genesis 1? "And God said, Let us (נַֽעֲשֶׂה na'asá) make man in our image" (Gen 1:26) Because the verb na'asá נַֽעֲשֶׂה is first person common plural.

This is not new.

Quote 6:
5 said:
I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Quote 7:
5 said:
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

grace and peace, Shabbat shalom!

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I see. Well then. Kindly, I'll present here some quotes and perhaps you can tell me your interpretation, who you think these quotes refer to, and where they were written?

Quote 1:

Quote 2:

Quote 3:

Quote 4:

Yes, I agree.

In peace will I both lay me down and sleep; for Thou, LORD, makest me dwell alone in safety.
בְּשָׁלוֹם יַחְדָּו, אֶשְׁכְּבָה וְאִישָׁן: כִּי-אַתָּה יְהוָה לְבָדָד; לָבֶטַח, תּוֹשִׁיבֵנִי.

Quote 5:

Christ said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Mt 11:28-30)

God is one, that is true. But who do you think God was speaking to in Bereshit, Genesis 1? "And God said, Let us (נַֽעֲשֶׂה na'asá) make man in our image" (Gen 1:26) Because the verb na'asá נַֽעֲשֶׂה is first person common plural.

This is not new.

Quote 6:

Quote 7:

grace and peace, Shabbat shalom!

Real quick, time is short, some mean God was talking to angels some mean the righteous, whoever it was He got no answer.

Therefore v 27, So He made man in His pwn image.........

Have to leave, must say, you make long posts.

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Real quick, time is short, some mean God was talking to angels some mean the righteous, whoever it was He got no answer.

Therefore v 27, So He made man in His pwn image.........

Have to leave, must say, you make long posts.

Have you not read Isaiah? Isa 9:6-7, For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Have you not read Isaiah? Isa 9:6-7, For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Yes, is a text that is used by Christains to say,

"Look, it says so here clearly."

But not if one reads Rashi's commentry on it.

I read his commentry on it this evening and was very surprised that he mentioned Chrisians, and that they can be refuted over their claim.

Also supplying explanations.

But I do not take that path, I try to avoid arguments.

Winning a debate or argument, what can it be likened to?

Someone who trains and trains to climb Mt Everest,

After much struggling, scrapes and bruises he reaches the top.

Hooray, but what is there at the top of the highest mountain?

Nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KJ91

Oct 9, 2022
Skåne
✟19,757.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A college/university has unofficially offered me a place in a specialist course. Any advice about Christian life in Denmark (and Scandinavia on the whole) would be helpful. About church life, views, work life, culture. What it is that concerns people, their mentality. And being close relations to the UK, EU, and USA, what is that makes some people stay and other leave the country/region. Shalom.

Few people in Scandinavia are christians. On paper many are, but not many are actually belivers.

Culture is very liberal and multicultural. I would say people in Scandinavia is less social
than other places in the world.

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, is a text that is used by Christains to say,

"Look, it says so here clearly."

But not if one reads Rashi's commentry on it.

I read his commentry on it this evening and was very surprised that he mentioned Chrisians, and that they can be refuted over their claim.

Also supplying explanations.

But I do not take that path, I try to avoid arguments.

"I try to avoid arguments" yet hypocritically lays down a contentious argument...

Reductio ad absurdum is an argumentation that seeks to establish a contention by deriving an absurdity from its denial, thus arguing that a thesis must be accepted because its rejection would be untenable. Which is also a classic argumentation fallacy because it merely assumes that an argument is absurd, and that it can be dismissed without analysis or providing a counter-argument.

i.e. "I read Rashi's commentary (on Isaiah) this evening so Christians can be (completely) refuted over their claim(s)." IOW, it's saying Rashi is the supreme authority, which is an error and hypocrisy. I've read some of Rashi and Rambam and others, and I'm pretty sure neither wrote Tanakh.

To clarify, no argument was even made on my behalf. I said, "Kindly, I'll present here some quotes and perhaps you can tell me your interpretation, who you think these quotes refer to, and where they were written?" -- All open questions. No argument.

Did you not read those? Quote 1-7.

There are only 7 quotes. Not much. I have them in Hebrew WLC if you wish. I suggest reading those before shooting from the hip. And it's sukkot, there's time.

Shalom! Chag Sameach!

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Few people in Scandinavia are christians. On paper many are, but not many are actually belivers.

Culture is very liberal and multicultural. I would say people in Scandinavia is less social
than other places in the world.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm sensing that. In your part(/s) of Sweden, can you elaborate on "culture is very liberal and multicultural" and how many "actual believers" there are in your area? Thanks. Blessings

Upvote 0

KJ91

Oct 9, 2022
Skåne
✟19,757.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm sensing that. In your part(/s) of Sweden, can you elaborate on "culture is very liberal and multicultural" and how many "actual believers" there are in your area? Thanks. Blessings

I live in Malmö. Lots of problem with criminality.

With liberal i mean its very open society. Secularism. Femnism and LGBT is very strong.

Multicultural = many non-swedes. Lots of arabs, asians, blacks etc. Nothing wrong with that.

There is few christians here. Most are atheists or muslims.

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Truth speech in conflict with hate speech and hate crime.

This was in 2014, https://globalfreedomofexpression.c...ads/2016/03/BANGSTAD_HATE_SPEECH_COLUMBIA.pdf

And May 2022, "If you dare to state the truth that men cannot be lesbians, you could end up in jail in Norway. Norway has a “gender identity” law which means anyone who adheres to biological reality as fact can be charged for committing a “hate crime”." Truth speech prosecuted as hate speech in Norway

But Scripture says, "Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates:" (Zech 8:16) "Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another." (Eph 4:25) Because, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour" (Ex 20:16)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
In 2003, Norway became the first country to introduce a quota of at least 40 per cent women on the boards of listed companies. Does imposing women's quotas for corporate boards pay off?

Women must make up at least 40 percent of the boards of publicly traded companies. Companies that fail to comply face a draconian penalty: They can be dissolved. Taking Stock of Pioneering Law: Have Gender Quotas Really Helped Norwegian Women?

Critics claim that many positions of responsibility are evidence of the excesses of state-sponsored feminism. They refer to women who are members of the boards of multiple companies as "gullskjørtene," or "golden skirts.”

That was 20 years ago, I wonder how things are now. The policy is obviously unfavourable to men and to meritocracy and fairness, but it ironically handicaps women also. What message does that send to young people. The reason for gender roles and gender order is the natural order, from Eden.

"But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (1 Tim 2:12-15)

Upvote 0