InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This bill should be of concern to Christian business owners who stand up for their religious freedoms and rights.

ENDA and the Christian Response | Denny Burk

It has already passed the first hurdle in the Senate but the house is yet to vote.

*Note this topic is not about the morality of homosexuality (I know what Gods word says about it). Also, it is not about me, or about my motives, or character, or faith (so please try to keep the attacks on my person at bay):)

Last edited:

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟905,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know of nothing in the Christian faith that would condone my being discriminatory in employment.
What if I am Human Resources at say a Christian college or Couseling service should I have the right to only hire Christians?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟905,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No.

I work at a Christian Theological Seminary and one of the women who works in our Registrar's office is Jewish. Do you think she should be fired?
IF she is working with the students directly in an instructoring matter yes. If she is working as part of the staff as she appears to be no. That is how my Christian college did it if you were an instructor or student leader you were required to profess Christ if not then while students still had to attend a set number of chapels they could still study there.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe the for profit Christian business owners should be granted the same protections as the not for profit Christian institutions. A true Christian does not stop practicing their faith and religious views and beliefs when they leave the not for profit church building.

Also the rights of employees ought to be protected if they don't agree with the life style of gays and transgender people, and decide to voice their own opinion based on the freedoms of speech, religion, religious expression etc.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow, I just saw this article...

American Psychiatric Association Reclassifies Pedophilia, Backtracks

They say the reclassification of Pedophilia from mental disorder to "sexual orientation" was a mistake in the writing of the text. But was it really?:confused:

Things that used to be classified as mental disorders are now being reclassified as "sexual orientation" or "gender identity" which would be covered under the Enda bill.

Sounds to me like the American Psychiatric Association needs to have their heads checked.^_^

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2017
Ontario
✟15,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that businesses in the private sector should welcome those who are lost, perhaps even more than those who are saved.

How can we be a shining light to them if we don't get a chance to interact with them? By being their employer, or even just working with them 40 hours a week, we have an enormous opportunity to speak truth into their lives.

Many of the Christian business owners I have interviewed for my site talk about this opportunity, and I think it's one of the reasons why God calls people into business.

Upvote 0