• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Christ is Risen !!

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Anhelyna, May 1, 2021.

1. Lawrence87

Lawrence87 Active Member

+286
    United Kingdom
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    "O Death, where is your sting? O Hell, where is your victory? Christ is risen, and you are overthrown. Christ is risen, and the demons are fallen. Christ is risen, and the angels rejoice. Christ is risen, and life reigns. Christ is risen, and not one dead remains in the grave. For Christ, being risen from the dead, is become the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. To Him be glory and dominion unto ages of ages. Amen."

- St. John Chrysostom

2. Not David

Not David Someday an Orthodox

+4,801
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Truly indeed He is risen!

3. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+15,692
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I love Ode 9 where we talk about Christ appearing in the blood stained garments of vengeance

4. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+6,414
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Protestant and Catholic Easter is like a 2-minute song from Foreigner. Pascha is like a 22-minute jaw-dropping Yes song.

5. Melily

Melily Member

+102
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I can completely relate!

6. ArmyMatt

+15,692
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    great analogy.

7. Mary of Bethany

Mary of Bethany Only one thing is needful. Supporter

+976
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Indeed He is risen!

8. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+18,004
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Indeed He is risen!

For the first time, we had a sunrise service, in order not to have to compete with the jazz music from next door. It was nice for a change. Nice to walk into church with the rising sun to worship the rising Son. :)

9. rusmeister

rusmeister A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian

+3,464
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Yo, yo, none of this “coexist” stuff!! ;)

10. All4Christ

All4Christ ✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙ CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+7,098
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I must be too tired...not following. :)

Coexist? In relation to Indeed He is risen?

11. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+6,414
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Rus's hip-hop thing lost me, too! ^_^^_^^_^

12. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,247
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    "Truly" He is risen, or "Indeed" He is risen, but none of this "Truly indeed" He is risen. ^_^

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+18,004
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Oh my. I seem to recall a funny old Onion Dome article about a parish that split into angry factions because some people weren't giving the exact right Paschal greeting. ^_^

14. ArmyMatt

+15,692
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    speaking of the wrong greeting, I remember once I responded with, "Alithos Viskrese!"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. All4Christ

All4Christ ✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙ CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+7,098
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    My sister in law sent me a video of my 3 year old nephew saying “Christ He is risen!” and “‘Deed he is risen!”. After prompting him with Christos Voskrese he says “foo sa wassa!” lol. He was told “Voistinu Voskrese” and he responds “oh that’s really hard to say!”

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,247
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    That's adorable. :)

17. ArmyMatt