Chris Matthews out at MSNBC. The revolution eats its own

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Chris Matthews announced his retirement from MSNBC Monday night after more than two decades at the network.

The MSNBC mainstay made the stunning at the start of Monday’s night edition of Hardball, a show that has for years been a staple of the network’s politics programming. It also became a headache for MSNBC brass in recent weeks as Matthews came under fire for his often out-of-touch commentary.

“Let me start with my headline tonight,” Matthews said. “I’m retiring. This is the last Hardball on MSNBC.”

After a commercial break Matthews had left the Hardball set, with a stunned Steve Kornacki hosting the show in his stead.

Critics called on Matthews to resign or be fired after he compared Bernie Sanders’recent victory in the Nevada caucuses to the Nazi defeat of the French during World War II. The comment prompted private complaints to MSNBC from senior Sanders staffers and a rare on-air apology from Matthews himself.

That apology did little to stanch the criticism, as calls for his firing were renewed after a combative interview with Elizabeth Warren was decried as sexist. The interview prompted journalist Laura Bassett, a frequent MSNBC guest, to allege in an op-ed that Matthews made sexist and belittling comments to her off the air.

Chris Matthews Resigns From MSNBC

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I personally remember one time, at the least. He clearly was right of center. Rush referred to it recently. Professional that he is, he didn't criticize Matthews for his political makeover, he only reminded his viewers that he himself had never drifted from his core beliefs. Did Matthews do it for an anchor slot? I don't know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
He is so concerned about Bernie becoming President that he might actually vote for Trump.
WalkAwayCampaign.com
I walked away 20 years ago.

Attachments

• kJYjm2Am.jpg
    kJYjm2Am.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not sorry to see him go. I remember his fawning, slobbering adoration of Obama, and he turned my stomach. He always struck me as a conceited, arrogant talking head he thought he knew better than we unwashed masses.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0