Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
When laying a jigsaw puzzle, I choose one piece out of the pile, it will only fit in it,s right place, no options, however much I would like it to be so.
Also, if the puzzle piece wanted to have a more important position in the jigsaw puzzle then it would become a different puzzle piece. One time I was imagining that my cat deserved to have human intelligence and speech, but then I realized that he wouldn't be my cat if that happened. In the same way, sometimes I feel envious of people who seem to be better than me, but I realize that my flaws and limitations are essential to my character. I suspect that God created us with all these flaws to prove that He loves us at some deeper level than our behavior and character traits.

Reactions: Robban
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
To become useful to God.
Also, if the puzzle piece wanted to have a more important position in the jigsaw puzzle then it would become a different puzzle piece. One time I was imagining that my cat deserved to have human intelligence and speech, but then I realized that he wouldn't be my cat if that happened. In the same way, sometimes I feel envious of people who seem to be better than me, but I realize that my flaws and limitations are essential to my character. I suspect that God created us with all these flaws to prove that He loves us at some deeper level than our behavior and character traits.

Like and agree.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I came to think of what made me start this thread.

What I was trying to get at was based on our different personalities,
So for example, someone is in need of help.

Best to send someone who can help,
in a way that no one else can because of our different personalities.

In which case the person is "chosen" for just that purpose.

From the wisdom of the Rebbe,
"If you do His will only because it makes sense to you,

Then what does it have to do with Him?

You are doing your own will,
you are back in prison."

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What kind of question is that?

Are we not all chosen,
for something?

True...... and near death experiencer Dannion Brinkley was shown that only the most courageous spiritual beings will volunteer to incarnate into the body of a child destined to be handicapped or burdened with cancer or some other serious illness.

John 9

And as he passed by, he saw a man blind from his birth.

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Rabbi, who sinned, this man, or his parents, that he should be born blind?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Nope, we are chosen only as a people by those who are chosen by God. None of us are really special and can go to hell or heaven depending on our volatile free-will. God's chosen are his trustees chosen to guide us and save us and help us and be the means to him. Nations are picked in the sense, they were for some reasons (due to circumstances that are not due to virtues necessarily) the ones who were entrusted to receive these chosen ones as guests and honor them, and help them.

Almost all nations who were entrusted and picked for that regard have failed their duty, and God sent Messengers and Prophets to all people.

I believe that the least Christian..... has a calling on their lives to become greater even than John the Baptist......... but of course we are all free to reject the path that will lead to that type of accomplishment in life.

I also believe that the most feeble Jew is called to be comparable to King David for wisdom and courage and love and an attitude of worship.... but of course....... the feeble or greatly gifted Jew is free to reject the path that will lead to such a high calling.

Zechariah 12:8 "In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them."

Matthew 11:11 "Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
True...... and near death experiencer Dannion Brinkley was shown that only the most courageous spiritual beings will volunteer to incarnate into the body of a child destined to be handicapped or burdened with cancer or some other serious illness.

John 9

And as he passed by, he saw a man blind from his birth.

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Rabbi, who sinned, this man, or his parents, that he should be born blind?

Did not know there was a choice.

That there with free choice is the most overrated concept
in my mind.

So there was this woman who gave birth to a girl,
this little girl was as a ray of sunshine to all whom came into contact with her.
She was adored by all,
when she had filled five years she died.

Her mother was torn to pieces,
she cried out to the heavens,
"Why,why, why?"

A voice came from the heavens,
"If I had asked you if you were willing to give birth to a girl,

should we be the delight of all, she would shine like the sun,
but she will live only five years

what would you have answered?"

"No,no, never would I have agreed."

"I know, that is why I never asked you."

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Did not know there was a choice.

That there with free choice is the most overrated concept
in my mind.

So there was this woman who gave birth to a girl,
this little girl was as a ray of sunshine to all whom came into contact with her.
She was adored by all,
when she had filled five years she died.

Her mother was torn to pieces,
she cried out to the heavens,
"Why,why, why?"

A voice came from the heavens,
"If I had asked you if you were willing to give birth to a girl,

should we be the delight of all, she would shine like the sun,
but she will live only five years

what would you have answered?"

"No,no, never would I have agreed."

"I know, that is why I never asked you."

But...... there is evidence from a number of sources that indeed G-d did ask that mother that very question...... but then hid both the question as well as her answer from her memory!

The near death experience of Ms. Beverly Brodsky goes into detail on what it can be like to finally be given our memories again of what we knew before to when were conceived?

Beverly Brodsky's Near-Death Experience

beverly_brodsky.jpg

Beverly Brodsky was raised in a conservative Jewish family in a mostly Jewish neighborhood in Philadelphia. She went through her teens as an atheist. Since learning of the Holocaust at age eight, she had turned angrily against any early belief in God. How could God exist and permit such a thing to occur? In July 1970, her questions were answered when a motorcycle accident led to her near-death experience. Her NDE testimony comes from Evelyn Elsaesser Valarino and Kenneth Ring's book, Lessons From The Light, reprinted by permission. Ring described Beverly Brodsky's NDE as "possibly the most moving in my entire collection."

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
But...... there is evidence from a number of sources that indeed G-d did ask that mother that very question...... but then hid both the question as well as her answer from her memory!

The near death experience of Ms. Beverly Brodsky goes into detail on what it can be like to finally be given our memories again of what we knew before to when were conceived?

It is understood that when a Jewish soul comes into the world it knows the whole Torah, but at birth an angel slaps it on the mouth to make it forget.

Which is why a story from Torah will sound familiar.

Which is why a Jewish soul who for some reason has been witheld from Torah may not need so much for the ember to
glow and catch fire.

A piece of flintstone that has been laying under water for say fifty years,
dry it off, strike it and it will give off a spark.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Mind you,

There is a difference of course.

The exercise of power by one person over another without their consent,
is a fundermental assault against human dignity.

Not only between master and slave, king and subjects
also rulers and ruled.

We see this today.

• Informative
Upvote 0

AskTheFamily

Mar 14, 2010
Ottawa
✟14,900.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
This back up plan is a result of bad choices followed by bad choices and this is a lot of error handling (programming term) happening.

I am not chosen for anything, I choose what to do with the bad choices. There are some chosen humans, I'm not among them.

I will try to join God's plan, get assigned a role in that, through the Guides chosen by him, but this is not the same as being pre-chosen for it.

I might enter hell, I might go to heaven. I might succeed in helping in humans, I might be more of a curse to them.

I don't know. I don't see people who have wealth superior to those who don't nor vice versa.

As for those who lead astray others, they all think they chosen to lead, but they are the worse among us.

Those who end up playing the biggest roles often do so because they take a position of leadership which doesn't belong to them.

The believers find another way to take their place without centering themselves as leaders that ought to be centered on.

I'd rather die unknown then lead a revolution and become famous and center myself as a leader for a people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
This back up plan is a result of bad choices followed by bad choices and this is a lot of error handling (programming term) happening.

I am not chosen for anything, I choose what to do with the bad choices. There are some chosen humans, I'm not among them.

I will try to join God's plan, get assigned a role in that, through the Guides chosen by him, but this is not the same as being pre-chosen for it.

I might enter hell, I might go to heaven. I might succeed in helping in humans, I might be more of a curse to them.

I don't know. I don't see people who have wealth superior to those who don't nor vice versa.

As for those who lead astray others, they all think they chosen to lead, but they are the worse among us.

Those who end up playing the biggest roles often do so because they take a position of leadership which doesn't belong to them.

The believers find another way to take their place without centering themselves as leaders that ought to be centered on.

I'd rather die unknown then lead a revolution and become famous and center myself as a leader for a people.

Why were you born when you were born?

Why were you not born in say, 1556?

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Why does being chosen have to mean a great leader?

Away with that.

You may be able to help someone who no one else can help,

Just therefore because you have what it takes in just that situation,

even helping an elderly person change a light bulb.

I would rather have a from the worlds pov, a lowly placing and know it is my place than stretch after that which is not mine.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
What about the wicked?

What about them?

"The wicked become estranged (even) from the womb:
those who speak lies go astray from birth."

How is this possible?
Dunno, but that,s what it says,

(Psalms 58:4)

So,
"Rescue my soul from the wicked, who serve as Your sword."

(Psalms 17:13)

Upvote 0

AskTheFamily

Mar 14, 2010
Ottawa
✟14,900.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
We are all created for the purpose of knowing God and knowing each other by that knowing God more, we are all created to love one another and help one another. Chosen is out all us created for this purpose, having a very special role in God's eyes and that he trusts 100% to fulfill this role. I'm not chosen in this sense.

In the sense, do I have a purpose, sure. In the sense do I have many tasks I am suppose to preform sure.

But this is not the context of the word chosen. And a nation or people can be chosen but only in the sense, they are to be helpers of the chosen guides among them. Otherwise, they aren't superior in any sense, rather, it's they if the message fails to be passed properly, who are to be blamed the most and it's they who the large amount of disbelievers is going to be found, not to people who get the message in a very distorted ugly form.

The Muslims been selected and particular the Shiites even more, but we have failed our duty, and have even become worthy of God's wrath more then any other people of the past and present.

We are not special, we are mortals who lucked out to be entrusted God's book and his last Prophet and his chosen pure family, but we failed them.

The Prophet last words were emphasizing on three things:

The book of God (Quran).
His Family.
And to treat women well.

We've done the worse possible in all three respects.

Peace and tranquility is upon those who God has chosen, but we were selected to help them, but we've failed them including myself.

We are not worthy of an iota of the gift of God's Message, Book, Messenger, and the holy guides.

We failed - and we probably will be replaced by another people as that is a real threat.

I just hope our failure doesn't result in destruction of most of humanity and doesn't lead most humans to disbelieve in Imam Mahdi and the Anointed King Jesus when they both return.

We failed - Wallah - we failed them.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
We are all created for the purpose of knowing God and knowing each other by that knowing God more, we are all created to love one another and help one another. Chosen is out all us created for this purpose, having a very special role in God's eyes and that he trusts 100% to fulfill this role. I'm not chosen in this sense.

In the sense, do I have a purpose, sure. In the sense do I have many tasks I am suppose to preform sure.

But this is not the context of the word chosen. And a nation or people can be chosen but only in the sense, they are to be helpers of the chosen guides among them. Otherwise, they aren't superior in any sense, rather, it's they if the message fails to be passed properly, who are to be blamed the most and it's they who the large amount of disbelievers is going to be found, not to people who get the message in a very distorted ugly form.

The Muslims been selected and particular the Shiites even more, but we have failed our duty, and have even become worthy of God's wrath more then any other people of the past and present.

We are not special, we are mortals who lucked out to be entrusted God's book and his last Prophet and his chosen pure family, but we failed them.

The Prophet last words were emphasizing on three things:

The book of God (Quran).
His Family.
And to treat women well.

We've done the worse possible in all three respects.

Peace and tranquility is upon those who God has chosen, but we were selected to help them, but we've failed them including myself.

We are not worthy of an iota of the gift of God's Message, Book, Messenger, and the holy guides.

We failed - and we probably will be replaced by another people as that is a real threat.

I just hope our failure doesn't result in destruction of most of humanity and doesn't lead most humans to disbelieve in Imam Mahdi and the Anointed King Jesus when they both return.

We failed - Wallah - we failed them.

Good will.
Today I took the bus to the shopping center,
waiting for the bus back something occured that made me
think.

There came a young Muslim mother with her little son,
she was dressed in the usual hijab, pretty smart young lady.

Her son was wearing a santa hat, red, white and bobble.

Thought to myself,
Is that cool, or what,
yeah, pretty cool man, pretty cool.

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums