Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm glad your diet is working.... :) I've been eating a lot of tuna lately. I just love a simple little tuna salad on crackers. Tuna, onion and mayo... that's it... and crackers... topped off with an orange or a grapefruit. :) boiled potatoes this morning for breakfast. (and coffee):)

I like tuna too...I will mix it up with veganese or mayo...stick some shredded carrots in there, maybe some cabbage and role it up in a tortilla.

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
I love tuna on crackers too :)
But I can't eat it...doctors orders; nothing out of a can (sodium/hypertension).
So I just have an occasional small cheat now and then :sorry:

Yes, I am reducing my salt intake too...and I feel a lot better...but I can get canned tuna with no salt added...I like the Trader Joe's tuna....this is a specilty grocery store here in Ca....I don't know if they are a national chain...but if you really want salt free tuna, I bet you could find it somewhere.

Upvote 0

birdie29

Jan 8, 2012
✟8,454.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I love tuna on crackers too :)
But I can't eat it...doctors orders; nothing out of a can (sodium/hypertension).
So I just have an occasional small cheat now and then :sorry:

Yes, I am reducing my salt intake too...and I feel a lot better...but I can get canned tuna with no salt added...I like the Trader Joe's tuna....this is a specilty grocery store here in Ca....I don't know if they are a national chain...but if you really want salt free tuna, I bet you could find it somewhere.

if it were not for canned tuna, egg sandwiches and 2% milk in my coffee, my protein intake would be almost nil. I don't really cook. Especially in the summer... I buy up a bunch of turkey bologna when it is on sale and throw it in the freezer. :) that's too salty too. Lately I've been doing this fruit and veggie coop in my area. You pay them up front a negligible amount and they keep you supplied with lots and lots of fruits and veggies. Keeps me from eating the wrong thing sometimes. :)

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have seen lower salt tuna (that was still too much)
I will look for the NS; had no idea they even offered it!
Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

I am childless today too ~ my son changed his plans.
They were coming from a wedding ; a long drive here, and then back home.
I prefer they be rested and safe!
He wants to take me to lunch during the week.

Happy Mother's Day :hug:

Upvote 0

birdie29

Jan 8, 2012
✟8,454.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
if it were not for canned tuna, egg sandwiches and 2% milk in my coffee, my protein intake would be almost nil. I don't really cook. Especially in the summer... I buy up a bunch of turkey bologna when it is on sale and throw it in the freezer. :) that's too salty too. Lately I've been doing this fruit and veggie coop in my area. You pay them up front a negligible amount and they keep you supplied with lots and lots of fruits and veggies. Keeps me from eating the wrong thing sometimes. :)

there are traider joes in our area too but none close to me.. I do like that store.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Have you tried chicken/turkey burgers?
It is a quick fry or grill, and you can freeze them cooked.
Or make up a casserole and freeze meal portions; it will last for weeks.
The pre-cooked chickens are good and you can cut them up and freeze portions.
If you can do sodium, these will save you cooking time.
Eat well and be well Connie ~ Happy Mother's Day:hug:

Upvote 0

birdie29

Jan 8, 2012
✟8,454.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Have you tried chicken/turkey burgers?
It is a quick fry or grill, and you can freeze them cooked.
Or make up a casserole and freeze meal portions; it will last for weeks.
The pre-cooked chickens are good and you can cut them up and freeze portions.
If you can do sodium, these will save you cooking time.
Eat well and be well Connie ~ Happy Mother's Day:hug:

happy mothers day to you too. It's not that I haven't heard of those things.... I just don't cook. :) I'm single and I work crazy hours... So most of my eating is done standing up in the kitchen or in a back office. Sometimes I eat in the stockroom while I"m doing something at work. We managers do not get a "lunch" break. We eat on the run at work... the yonger ones do not even eat. I cannot do that. ... most of the time at home I have toast and coffee fro breakfast... tuna for lunch if I'm here and an egg sandwich for dinner. If I'm at work I grab something off the shelf and go back to work. :) If I do sit down to eat it's usually because I found myself hungry while I was out doing some errand and decided to stop in somewhere at the spur of the moment. :) sooooo, the oranges, apples, carrots and such that I get from the coop really helps. I did heat up some cauliflower the other day that they had given me and I ate that in the evening as a snack. when I'm out of toast I boil some potatoes for breakfast... I like plain fat free yogurt on the potatoes but I haven't been to the grocery store lately so .... as you can guess I pick up the eggs and tuna at work most times.

My great grandma was very healthy and lived like I do she cooked for others but never sat down to eat. I never really saw her eat too often..SHe was always awake when I woke up... she cooked huge meals for all of us and we came and went as we pleased. her kitchen was like a buffet. Once I saw her crack a raw egg open in a cup and drink that for energy. she died at 98.. her body finally gave out. Her mind was going by then too. she just leaned over into my cousins arms and died. I think she just got tired and let go. I'm hoping I share in some of her genes ... I will be working most of my life unless something drastically changes. :)

lol. gail it's too late in life for me to change. I just never got the home maker thing down pat. I used to grab a pre-cooked chicken at the store every now and again..when I worked a straight shift (at another job) I even had a boyfriend for a while. We got together and cooked on friday and sometimes on sunday. things are just hard with my job. I don't do the erratic schedule too well. I pray all the time for relief. However, there is the ol adage where "you better be careful what you pray for you might just get it." I worry that relief will come in the form of less money :) ... so I try really hard not to dwell on things. My life as it is is just a bit pathetic. I try hard not to think about it... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Connie ~ your Grandmother sounds like a great lady, and no doubt you do have her genes, considering your work and the chores you tackle around your home.
You run circles around me these days :thumbsup:

My Grandmother was also an awesome cook and baker; they sure did work hard with their hand wringer washers, drying on the line, making their own quilts, cooking from scratch etc etc :hug:

On a side note...I could never eat a raw egg :sick:

God rest her soul, and may God bless your dear heart with every grace and blessing to enjoy your life :hug: :pray:

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
I have seen lower salt tuna (that was still too much)
I will look for the NS; had no idea they even offered it!
Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

I am childless today too ~ my son changed his plans.
They were coming from a wedding ; a long drive here, and then back home.
I prefer they be rested and safe!
He wants to take me to lunch during the week.

Happy Mother's Day :hug:

Had a nice chat with son number 1...but have not had a greeting for MD for 20 years from number 2 son...we do talk, but not often.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
there are traider joes in our area too but none close to me.. I do like that store.

TJ's has a very nice variety of foods at a very low price compared to our bigger markets...their foods are good quality...the store is always jammed with people.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Had a nice chat with son number 1...but have not had a greeting for MD for 20 years from number 2 son...we do talk, but not often.
:( :hug:
TJ's has a very nice variety of foods at a very low price compared to our bigger markets...their foods are good quality...the store is always jammed with people.
We don't have one close to me but you can order from them online.

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
happy mothers day to you too. It's not that I haven't heard of those things.... I just don't cook. :) I'm single and I work crazy hours... So most of my eating is done standing up in the kitchen or in a back office. Sometimes I eat in the stockroom while I"m doing something at work. We managers do not get a "lunch" break. We eat on the run at work... the yonger ones do not even eat. I cannot do that. ... most of the time at home I have toast and coffee fro breakfast... tuna for lunch if I'm here and an egg sandwich for dinner. If I'm at work I grab something off the shelf and go back to work. :) If I do sit down to eat it's usually because I found myself hungry while I was out doing some errand and decided to stop in somewhere at the spur of the moment. :) sooooo, the oranges, apples, carrots and such that I get from the coop really helps. I did heat up some cauliflower the other day that they had given me and I ate that in the evening as a snack. when I'm out of toast I boil some potatoes for breakfast... I like plain fat free yogurt on the potatoes but I haven't been to the grocery store lately so .... as you can guess I pick up the eggs and tuna at work most times.

My great grandma was very healthy and lived like I do she cooked for others but never sat down to eat. I never really saw her eat too often..SHe was always awake when I woke up... she cooked huge meals for all of us and we came and went as we pleased. her kitchen was like a buffet. Once I saw her crack a raw egg open in a cup and drink that for energy. she died at 98.. her body finally gave out. Her mind was going by then too. she just leaned over into my cousins arms and died. I think she just got tired and let go. I'm hoping I share in some of her genes ... I will be working most of my life unless something drastically changes. :)

lol. gail it's too late in life for me to change. I just never got the home maker thing down pat. I used to grab a pre-cooked chicken at the store every now and again..when I worked a straight shift (at another job) I even had a boyfriend for a while. We got together and cooked on friday and sometimes on sunday. things are just hard with my job. I don't do the erratic schedule too well. I pray all the time for relief. However, there is the ol adage where "you better be careful what you pray for you might just get it." I worry that relief will come in the form of less money :) ... so I try really hard not to dwell on things. My life as it is is just a bit pathetic. I try hard not to think about it... :)

Eating on the run would be hard for me...but you seem to be able to make it work...:hug::hug::hug:I think that is not a biggy to worry about, you have enough stress.

Your grandmother sounds like a very interesting lady...you were blessed to know her.

Upvote 0

birdie29

Jan 8, 2012
✟8,454.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Eating on the run would be hard for me...but you seem to be able to make it work...:hug::hug::hug:I think that is not a biggy to worry about, you have enough stress.

Your grandmother sounds like a very interesting lady...you were blessed to know her.

Grandma was unique... she wasn't perfect... had her share of sin before I was ever born.... but buy the time I came around she had lost a son and married the man I came to know as great grandpa....I don't think they were happily married (in retrospect) but they were the center of a very large portion of my extended family. I always felt welcome there. .Grandma took care of the farm and Grandpa worked in the steel industry... I never saw them kiss, or hold hands or anything. Just fight every now and then. Sorry to hear that your 2nd son didn't call... Mine didn't call me this year either. We haven't talked since christmas... I have asked god to look after him and to keep him safe and help him to be happy, but for grace for me to help me forget. I really don't think I want to think about that child every day of the rest of my life. I'm done with emotional pain.

HOpe you did have a good mother's day :)

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Grandma was unique... she wasn't perfect... had her share of sin before I was ever born.... but buy the time I came around she had lost a son and married the man I came to know as great grandpa....I don't think they were happily married (in retrospect) but they were the center of a very large portion of my extended family. I always felt welcome there. .Grandma took care of the farm and Grandpa worked in the steel industry... I never saw them kiss, or hold hands or anything. Just fight every now and then. Sorry to hear that your 2nd son didn't call... Mine didn't call me this year either. We haven't talked since christmas... I have asked god to look after him and to keep him safe and help him to be happy, but for grace for me to help me forget. I really don't think I want to think about that child every day of the rest of my life. I'm done with emotional pain.

My grandmother wasn't very affectionate either, but you could tell her love in her care and cooking :)
It was just hard times back then I guess; looking at pics....they looked 80 when they were just 50 :o

My friend (Dale) who I wrote a while back about her son committing suicide , called me yesterday.
A mutual friend of ours lost their grandson in a motorcycle accident.
He was a young man with a toddler and his wife is expecting again :(
Even though my kids weren't around, I thanked God at least they are still walking the earth :pray:

I am sorry your son hasn't been in touch Connie :( :hug:
Praying for his conversion of heart, and the healing of your pain :pray:
There is always HOPE :angel:

God bless you all this Monday :pray: :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed

You really tickle me Connie...I am past the pain with son number 2...we talk, maybe twice a year by email...he won't talk at all to his father or brother. He has made choices, I don't like them, but he has made choices to distance himself from us all.

I saw my dad's mom a few times before she died, I was under 10 I think. Saw my mother's mom once that I can remember...she never spoke to me or came close.

I grew up very isolated, in my immediate family and extended family...guess that is why it feels normal to me. :doh:

Upvote 0

birdie29

Jan 8, 2012
✟8,454.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
My grandmother wasn't very affectionate either, but you could tell her love in her care and cooking :)
It was just hard times back then I guess; looking at pics....they looked 80 when they were just 50 :o

My friend (Dale) who I wrote a while back about her son committing suicide , called me yesterday.
A mutual friend of ours lost their grandson in a motorcycle accident.
He was a young man with a toddler and his wife is expecting again :(
Even though my kids weren't around, I thanked God at least they are still walking the earth :pray:

I am sorry your son hasn't been in touch Connie :( :hug:
Praying for his conversion of heart, and the healing of your pain :pray:
There is always HOPE :angel:

God bless you all this Monday :pray: :hug:

You really tickle me Connie...I am past the pain with son number 2...we talk, maybe twice a year by email...he won't talk at all to his father or brother. He has made choices, I don't like them, but he has made choices to distance himself from us all.

I saw my dad's mom a few times before she died, I was under 10 I think. Saw my mother's mom once that I can remember...she never spoke to me or came close.

I grew up very isolated, in my immediate family and extended family...guess that is why it feels normal to me. :doh:

lol, I love my child but I'm not quite sure I WANT to reconcile. I am completely tired of ULTRA EMOTION. he showed up this summer..and I thought we had reconciled, but by christmas it was over. He confessed to stealing a $3 picture from the Goodwill because he didn't agree with the price. Why would anyone steal from goodwill unless they have a problem or an addiction to stealing??? and that is exactly the way I put it to him. He has spent 10 years ALMOST getting a history degree. He married a harlot and suffered the consequences. he is 28 and works as a server with no insurance and no automobile... excuses excuses excuses... He really does need tough love, but my dad (the one with all the money) coddles him. I'm tired of the roller coaster ride. He has pent up emotions that he wants me to suffer for. He is angry with me for a lot of things... I could have been a better mom I guess, but all of us could have been. Every single decision was made with him in mind. I did my best and that is all I have to say. My parents had some money and they used it as a tool against me. They contradicted me at every turn. He chooses almost everyone over me... he has been conditioned for that. YOu would think that one would realize that something was wrong with our families sturcture after my mothers suicide, but nope... it's as if she simply died of natural causes. My dad who was abusive to her, fell in love with his aunt for goodness sake and was leaving her with nothing (drove her to it). Now he gets to be a victim.. Poor thing loved her sooooo much he says. It's just crazy. I cannot endorse the craziness.. I refuse. .

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
lol, I love my child but I'm not quite sure I WANT to reconcile. I am completely tired of ULTRA EMOTION. he showed up this summer..and I thought we had reconciled, but by christmas it was over. He confessed to stealing a $3 picture from the Goodwill because he didn't agree with the price. Why would anyone steal from goodwill unless they have a problem or an addiction to stealing??? and that is exactly the way I put it to him. He has spent 10 years ALMOST getting a history degree. He married a harlot and suffered the consequences. he is 28 and works as a server with no insurance and no automobile... excuses excuses excuses... He really does need tough love, but my dad (the one with all the money) coddles him. I'm tired of the roller coaster ride. He has pent up emotions that he wants me to suffer for. He is angry with me for a lot of things... I could have been a better mom I guess, but all of us could have been. Every single decision was made with him in mind. I did my best and that is all I have to say. My parents had some money and they used it as a tool against me. They contradicted me at every turn. He chooses almost everyone over me... he has been conditioned for that. YOu would think that one would realize that something was wrong with our families sturcture after my mothers suicide, but nope... it's as if she simply died of natural causes. My dad who was abusive to her, fell in love with his aunt for goodness sake and was leaving her with nothing (drove her to it). Now he gets to be a victim.. Poor thing loved her sooooo much he says. It's just crazy. I cannot endorse the craziness.. I refuse. .

That does sound crazy...((((((hugs)))))). But, I feel I was not a very good mom as well..could blame it on the way I was raised...etc...but everyone has made a choice and it has been to stay apart...I am the only one who grieved over the family.
I don't see many families staying together these days...some stories are a lot worse, that is not a good thing for our whole society.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

:hug: :pray:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.