East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm doing okay, thank you mp.:) I know lockdown is hard, but I hope they don't end it too soon, as we don't want the numbers to rise again. I think spring will bring better news - at least being able to be out in our own gardens, and hopefully some effects of the vaccine will be seen by then. :)

Is Peter fully recovered now?
Yes thank you, maybe not fully but the cancer is gone. A little unsteady, very thin but getting stronger. So good, I thank God for him. :)

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,624.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
What about a game using the last word of a sentence you have constructed to start a new sentence with that word that a new person has constructed.?
I don't know where to put this?
Just click on the "Post new thread" button, on the top right of the GE homepage and post your thread. Sounds like a good one! :)

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,624.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes thank you, maybe not fully but the cancer is gone. A little unsteady, very thin but getting stronger. So good, I thank God for him. :)
I'm so pleased that the cancer has gone. Praise God! Praying that he will continue to gain strength. :)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟348,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just click on the "post a new thread" button, on the top right of the GE homepage and post your thread. Sounds like a good one! :)
Thank you, I already did it a few days ago. I thought I had to get permission but I guess not:)
Have a nice night.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,624.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you, I already did it a few days ago. I thought I had to get permission but I guess not:)
Have a nice night.
Oh sorry; I haven't seen it yet - only just logged into the forum! :D No, we don't need permission. Have a good night too. :)

Upvote 0

Dreams65

Mar 13, 2021
Hessen
✟24,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My son Joshua and his new baby girl.

New baby.jpg

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟120,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Noticing not too many people posting here. Welcome to Dreams65 baby granddaughter and praise God for Peter's journey to recovery. Looking forward to a weekend away with my sister.

Be blessed and a blessing!

Gillian

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Noticing not too many people posting here. Welcome to Dreams65 baby granddaughter and praise God for Peter's journey to recovery. Looking forward to a weekend away with my sister.

Be blessed and a blessing!

Gillian
Hi Gillian,
Have a great weekend! Peter is improving daily, the good weather is helping.

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟120,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, we had a lovely time! Fish and chips from a take-out when we arrived, Saturday a walk on the beach and a visit to my sister-in-law in her garden summer house and Sunday dinner in a nice restaurant overlooking a river were the highlights. It will probably be late summer, early autumn before we can go again as she has other family and friends using the house over the summer months.

Delighted to hear good news of Peter.

Blessings.

Gillian

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, we had a lovely time! Fish and chips from a take-out when we arrived, Saturday a walk on the beach and a visit to my sister-in-law in her garden summer house and Sunday dinner in a nice restaurant overlooking a river were the highlights. It will probably be late summer, early autumn before we can go again as she has other family and friends using the house over the summer months.

Delighted to hear good news of Peter.

Blessings.

Gillian
So good to hear that you had a lovely time. It is a long time since I have had fish and chips, I can smell that lovely smell! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So good to hear that you had a lovely time. It is a long time since I have had fish and chips, I can smell that lovely smell! :)

Good time for Peter to heal, in warmer weather to get out a little. My husband overcame cancer once. But he didn't change his lifestyle and the drinking eventually got him.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟120,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, they were a nice treat from ourselves to ourselves lol. Maybe you'll be able to treat yourself and Peter before too long?

Gillian

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi there!

<--- That's my Roborovski hamster, Bean.

If anyone wants to get this thread active again, I'll participate regularly.
Hi there, I love the hamster, yes I would like to get the thread active again.
I am 'burning the midnight oil again ' couldn't sleep, but I pray for all my online friends for a good night's sleep.
God bless :)

Upvote 0

Hoping

Regaining My Faith :)
Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Hi there, I love the hamster, yes I would like to get the thread active again.
I am 'burning the midnight oil again ' couldn't sleep, but I pray for all my online friends for a good night's sleep.
God bless :)
Hi, mp (is that okay or is there some other way you'd like to be greeted?),

Great! I'm a 67-year-old woman, living in the Southeastern USA (beautiful place with both mountains and a seacoast, mild winters and summers that keep you indoors after early morning), divorced many years, living alone, 2 grown children who moved out of the area, hobbies books and walking and jigsaw puzzles and Bible.
I have trouble sleeping sometimes too. I'm trying all kinds of things. Recently I got a weighted blanket, and I've started doing yoga. They may be helping, but the best things so far are a playlist I've made myself called "rest" and running a radio on the other end of the house so there's a sound like people around but not very close. If I throw enough things at the insomnia maybe it'll give up. :)

So, what's on YOUR mind?

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi, my husband is on my mind at the moment. He has cancer and we are reading lots of books on beating cancer with nutrition. The doctors have run out of treatment, he is 78 years old and has had a stroke, recovered well. Shaky on his feet but quite good at walking. He is on the prayer list at Church but we haven't been for the last couple of years with covid, which closed the Church and now Peter is not well enough.
We have a lovely garden and lots of books, so life is precious.
I pray for sleep for you, cocoa and a biscuit works for me. :) blessings

Upvote 0

Hoping

Regaining My Faith :)
Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Hi, my husband is on my mind at the moment. He has cancer and we are reading lots of books on beating cancer with nutrition. The doctors have run out of treatment, he is 78 years old and has had a stroke, recovered well. Shaky on his feet but quite good at walking. He is on the prayer list at Church but we haven't been for the last couple of years with covid, which closed the Church and now Peter is not well enough.
We have a lovely garden and lots of books, so life is precious.
I pray for sleep for you, cocoa and a biscuit works for me. :) blessings

Cocoa and a biscuit should be a fun one to try. I assume you mean what we're calling a cookie; a biscuit here is a somewhat risen and fluffy unsweetened item. Sorry about the way we've messed with the language. :)

I'm sorry about your husband. Good luck with the nutritional trials. It's great he recovered so well from the stroke; you must have gotten him help quickly. Should I ask about him every time I post here or would you rather bring it up yourself when you want to talk about it?

I haven't been to church in a long time either; I'm very careful about COVID-19. I have blood type A-, which was suspected to be a risk factor, but I haven't checked lately about whether that turned out to be true. Anyway, living alone, I don't want to get sick, especially hospitalized. Who would look after Bean? I have an 89-year old neighbor who misses going to church but is afraid to go; we see each other fairly often since there's not much risk with just two people and we kind of spread out too. Anyway, I'm thinking of trying to have some sort of church with her, just some scripture reading and maybe each of us praying out loud. Two or more of us gathered in God's name is supposed to be special.

You mentioned books; what kinds? And a garden; what do you grow? Besides a few ornamentals I like to grow mixed varieties of loose-leaf lettuce, and kale. When I buy these things in a store they go bad too quickly, and it's kind of fun to watch them grow too; they're easy.

This is more like a pen pal letter but I'll quiet down soon, when I've gotten to know a little about you.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ha ha, yes a cookie. I make them quite frequently. Just 1 cup of peanut butter an egg and half a cup of Erythritol (sugar replacement). It makes about 16 cookies.
I like the idea of growing lettuce and kale. I must try it this year, also replacing my parsley which hasn't survived the winter.
We have a garden railway which is fun but the trains haven't been running with Peter being poorly.
My books all come from Amazon, and my book shelves are full. Then there is the music room, full of hymn books, music etc. I play and teach piano and retired as a Church organist a few years ago due to a lung condition.
Well it has been a lovely Spring day today although quite cold. Another night and I am up with my cocoa and cookie.
I pray for you and your friend to share a Bible verse and prayer. Just the right time coming up to Easter.
I love the Psalms and a favourite verse of the moment is Psalms 4:8
I will both lay me down in peace and sleep, for thou, Lord, only, makes me dwell in safety.
Well, I had better try to sleep again.
Goodnight and God bless us all with sleep tonight in Jesus's precious name.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hoping
Upvote 0