faithinlife

Feb 18, 2009
USA
✟186,480.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Have been searching on job ads online for employment. Some work at home online jobs are a possibility; some would require taking free online classes. It is sunny here today. Need to get out more in the nice weather.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Have been searching on job ads online for employment. Some work at home online jobs are a possibility; some would require taking free online classes. It is sunny here today. Need to get out more in the nice weather.
I pray for your job seeking,
and hope you can get out in the sunshine,
Summer is coming for a few days this weekend here in the UK so we are off to the Welsh mountains for a few days...walks, and also an ice cream by the sea...:)

Upvote 0

Arsenios

Russian Orthodox Winter Baptism, Valaam Monastery,
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Chit Chat (15)

If you want to still chat we can take it there.

Thank-you - Found it...

I am having a conversation on CF with a Naval Aviator, retired Anapolis but no ring-knocker... Asked him if he drove F-14s... No word back yet...

Are you a pilot?

Arsenios

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Arsenios

Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Asked him if he drove F-14s... No word back yet...

Another of my great theories wrecked on the rocks of reality...

On the lee shores of conjecture and presumption...

Helicopters he flew...

Oh well...

I mean, what self-respecting Anapolis Officer flies helicopters?

Back to my drawing boards...

Arsenios

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Another of my great theories wrecked on the rocks of reality...

On the lee shores of conjecture and presumption...

Helicopters he flew...

Oh well...

I mean, what self-respecting Anapolis Officer flies helicopters?

Back to my drawing boards...

Arsenios

I am not a pilot. I did get to fly in the P-3 Orion a number of times. I was a training Petty Officer with the P-3 unit and they tended to pack up their unit in the aircraft when they went places.

My son is studying to get a civilian pilot's license .

Upvote 0

Arsenios

Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not a pilot. I did get to fly in the P-3 Orion a number of times. I was a training Petty Officer with the P-3 unit and they tended to pack up their unit in the aircraft when they went places.

My son is studying to get a civilian pilot's license .

When I was training, in SoCal, your instrument rating was called a "Smog Certificate"...

Landed LAX once - In a long line of big passenger jets, with my put-put...
"Keep your speed up - This ain't no Volkswagen comin' up on you here!"
So I held 120mph until short final, landed long, and peeled off to Exec Air...

Weather report was "Clear, visibility 1/2 mile" ... Flew the needle all the way in... Finally saw the runway through the haze...

Where I normally flew, clear meant 40-50 mile visibility...

Not Los Angeles...

Once was enough...

Arsenios

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
When I was training, in SoCal, your instrument rating was called a "Smog Certificate"...

Landed LAX once - In a long line of big passenger jets, with my put-put...
"Keep your speed up - This ain't no Volkswagen comin' up on you here!"
So I held 120mph until short final, landed long, and peeled off to Exec Air...

Weather report was "Clear, visibility 1/2 mile" ... Flew the needle all the way in... Finally saw the runway through the haze...

Where I normally flew, clear meant 40-50 mile visibility...

Not Los Angeles...

Once was enough...

Arsenios
LA Smog--eeew! Yes I believe it. I used to live out that way. The haze was so bad it looked like smoke from a fire and it smelled like rotten eggs. I'll never forget that smell.

Upvote 0

HisWinterRose

WIFE & MOM
Jul 8, 2004
OHIO
✟69,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:!!::!!:WOW ... it's been a long time since I have shared a request. A lot has happened to me since I was here last.

:star: - I have been working in a assistant living home facility as a dietary aide since December 11th and it's been a lot of fun serving the older members of the facility.

:star: - Then in March I was pushed into being morning - waitress in the restaurant that serves the meals to the residents then I was serving the public and enjoying that that too. Made lots of good friends / customers & made some wonderful tips and worked long hours.

:star: - But here in May I decided that it was time for me to find myself a new job one that has better PAY & WEEKLY PAYCHECKS because being waitress does not caught it in a small town. I was making 5.50 + tips and getting paid every 2 weeks just was not cutting it for me. When the kids I worked with were in school it was good because I had the hours but now that they are not in school my hours were cut :(:( so what was I to do ... keep going or find something else. I checked around & thought maybe look into being a AIDE in the facility ... but that took forever for them to figure things out. :(:(

:star: - So I looked outside of town ... I came across a place that was looking for a cashier & the pay was ah just what I was looking for & I was so very happy. So, I called & she said to come in for a interview so ... I did just that an she said the cashier job was filled & asked if I would be interested in DELI CLERK JOB & I said ... sure I would be willing to learn something new & thee hours were 30 hours a week compared to the 25 I was getting every 2 weeks with the waitress job.

So, with that said as of today I'm working as a DELI CLERK, 30 HOURS A WEEK, MUCH BETTER PAY and they are working with me to have the DAYS OFF that I need.

So ... GOD IS GOOD !! So, please continue to keep in prayer with this job as it's out of state and so I am going to be needing the prayers for a mild winter as the hours I have will be a closing shift which means driving home in the SNOW if we get much at night !!

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello WinterRose,

It's nice to hear from you, and I'm happy that things are getting good for your job situation. You and your family will be in my prayers. Keep us posted on how things are going.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Busy day as usual. Lunch with friends - a couple we got to know about a year and a half ago. Out tonight at a ladies' outreach at our church - Walk for Life was on every Thursday except the first of the month.

Can you believe we're at the end of May already - into June in a few minutes here in the UK?

Blessings,

Gillian

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
just popped in to say goodnight, it is rather late, we have watered the garden as it has been a hot day.

goodnight_261.gif

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
just popped in to say goodnight, it is rather late, we have watered the garden as it has been a hot day.

Goodnight to you also. I hope you sleep well and have sweet dreams. I'm going to try in a few minutes.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Cold and wet here in this part of the world today. Had to go to the dentist today to get a loose crown fixed back in again. Glad to get that sorted - just hope it lasts.

Youngest was taking part in the Special Olympics Ireland Games in Dublin at the weekend. He was on the Team Ulster Basketball team and won a silver medal. Hubby and I went down to see him play on Saturday.

Have a blessed day!

Gillian

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Cold and wet here in this part of the world today. Had to go to the dentist today to get a loose crown fixed back in again. Glad to get that sorted - just hope it lasts.

Youngest was taking part in the Special Olympics Ireland Games in Dublin at the weekend. He was on the Team Ulster Basketball team and won a silver medal. Hubby and I went down to see him play on Saturday.

Have a blessed day!

Gillian
sounds great! a silver medal! hope he keeps it up, a great game.
Trust the crown stays put...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Watched a good movie on Youtube last night - I subscribe to Youtube Premium so no ads.

It is called "The Trial". This is the 2010 version starring Matthew Modine.

If you like courtroom dramas you should enjoy this, particularly because its message is healing after the tragic loss of loved ones through faith in God.

The version I watched had Arabic subtitles which I did not find distracting but strangely interesting that a Muslim audience could find solace in the same movie I was watching.

My wife's only complaint was that they should have had a bit more romance in it :)

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Very warm here today, over the last few days in fact. So much so that the tar on some of the roads has been melting and there's talk of a hosepipe ban.

Our church pastor is leaving to go to another church. He'll be closer to his frail and elderly parents, but everyone is very sad. He baptised his daughter - along with others - on Sunday morning. Lovely service.

Blessings,

Gillian

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Very warm here today, over the last few days in fact. So much so that the tar on some of the roads has been melting and there's talk of a hosepipe ban.

Our church pastor is leaving to go to another church. He'll be closer to his frail and elderly parents, but everyone is very sad. He baptised his daughter - along with others - on Sunday morning. Lovely service.

Blessings,

Gillian
so sorry to hear that your Pastor is leaving...
It is very warm here, and humid...so
having an early night,

f74300cb0f9c7ea8c87381879c52612f.jpg

My favourite night time verse...

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
sounds great! a silver medal! hope he keeps it up, a great game.
Trust the crown stays put...

Actually, the crown didn't stay put - it came out on Thursday. I've just kept it out until I can get it sorted by the dentist. Thursday was a bank holiday here and I forgot to ring the dentist yesterday until it was too late.

My son attends a Special Olympics Basketball club locally. He loves the game and has made a lot of friends, including people he met at the Games in Dublin.

Have a great day!

Gillian

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
so sorry to hear that your Pastor is leaving...
It is very warm here, and humid...so
having an early night,

View attachment 232360
My favourite night time verse...

Yes, we're all very sad, as he has been with us for over 12 years, but he is following God's guidance and we are praying for the right man to take his place. We waited four years before the current one came.

Gillian

Upvote 0