Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Hope you all had a pleasant weekend....some of you have already bugn a new week...

I spent the morning in church...brought sandwhiches home for our lunch.

Then crashed on the couch and watched football with hubby all afternoon. It is too hot here to be outside.

There is a harvest moon to enjoy for those with clear skies...I saw it last night.

Harvest-Moon_xxx.jpg

http://www.universetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Harvest-Moon.jpg

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I :pray: that everyone enjoys the month of October
:amen:

I will be online much less, for a while
I will continue to post to my own threads and other favourite areas that I am subscribed-to
I feel led to announce this in advance,
so that members are not overly concerned
by what may become, a very obvious curtailment of my activities, here in GE

I AM, 'well' .... please, do not become anxious :hug:

:wave:

your Bro'

dave

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Stopping by to say

Hope you all had a pleasant weekend....some of you have already bugn a new week...

Then crashed on the couch and watched football with hubby all afternoon. It is too hot here to be outside.

There is a harvest moon to enjoy for those with clear skies...I saw it last night.

I spotted the moon just now as the clouds were clearing ~ beautiful!
Sounds like a nice day Shirley; I hope you were blessed at your new church!

I :pray: that everyone enjoys the month of October

I will be online much less, for a while
I will continue to post to my own threads and other favourite areas that I am subscribed-to
I feel led to announce this in advance,
so that members are not overly concerned
by what may become, a very obvious curtailment of my activities, here in GE

I AM, 'well' .... please, do not become anxious :hug:

:wave:

your Bro'

dave

As a few of you already know, I too will be a bit more quiet in coming days ~ busy with Fall chores and spending some time apart with the Lord in prayer and spiritual reading.

Be assured you are all in my thoughts and prayers; feel free to pm me.
I will be keeping an eye out for prayers needs, and will pop in from time to time.

God bless you

Upvote 0

frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟114,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Dave and Gail will be missed around here, but most of us have such seasons. I did not get to church today, but will next week, Lord willing. It was a good, relaxing day. My son and his girlfriend were over for a few hours. He's hoping for a part-time job to supplement his full-time one while he pays old bills off. I don't think he will have time to visit when that happens.

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It was a good, relaxing day. My son and his girlfriend were over for a few hours.
He's hoping for a part-time job to supplement his full-time one while he pays old bills off.
I don't think he will have time to visit when that happens.

I used-to MAKE TIME to visit my My Mum
There is, a positive side to every negative

In seeking part time work, your son is handling his affairs positively
:prayer:
that you will continue to enjoy his visits_ even if they are foreshortened
by his responsibilities :hug:

your Bro'

dave

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Monday has drawn to a close here in NZ and again the weather turned back to rain after a stunning Saturday and a fairly warm Sunday.

I am visiting my father at present - he lives some distance from us so I have come to stay with him for a couple of weeks. I return home this Friday or Saturday as I am playing (the piano) at church this coming Sunday.

It's lovely to have these times with my father. He is only 73 and keeping very well. :)

Have a very blessed Monday, everyone. :)

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another day home with my wife and away from hospitals - YEAH! God has been so good to us. I know that we take many things for granted, especially the smaller things. So, we have much to give thanks for.

I'm glad things are going so well there for you ones, Tom. :)

Yes, one of my sons spent a great deal of time in hospital when he was a child and he was always glad to get home, despite the nice meals and kind nurses and stuff.

I was thinking the other day about how blessed we are, in so many ways - our families, our health, the blessing of a church family, food, warmth, a roof over our heads, so many things. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Harvest-Moon_xxx.jpg

http://www.universetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Harvest-Moon.jpg

That sounds great that you may have found a new church family, Angel. :)

My father and I watched two big games yesterday too. One was our national rugby team, the All Blacks, who had a game against Argentina. The All Blacks, so named as their sports gear is all black, won that match convincingly. Then Dad and I watched the NRL final (rugby league) in Australia last night. The Melbourne Storm beat the Canterbury Cowboys to take the trophy. It was held in Sydney at a huge stadium there. I think they said it held almost 80,000 people. One of my daughters was over there for last year's NRL final and said the atmosphere was electric. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Dave and Gail will be missed around here, but most of us have such seasons. I did not get to church today, but will next week, Lord willing. It was a good, relaxing day. My son and his girlfriend were over for a few hours. He's hoping for a part-time job to supplement his full-time one while he pays old bills off. I don't think he will have time to visit when that happens.
We are also taking a back seat to our kids these days :hug:
On the one hand, it is a relief not hearing their woes on a daily basis :p on the other hand it can feel a bit 'lonely'; as I tell my kids....we won't be around forever ;)
Praying he finds the time to visit his Mom :pray:
Dave and Gail - you are both a huge blessing among us here in GE. Thank you for all you do to bless us all, and I'm glad you're not leaving CF! :)

Thank you Marsha and Joy for your blessings :blush:
I won't be far; just not here as often so I can refocus, and recharge my spiritual batteries.

Our time here passes so quickly; all our parents are gone home to the Lord!
Joy....enjoy the time with your Dad (glad he is doing well!) :hug:

Have a blessed week everyone ~ you have my and

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's Monday and I hope everyone has a great week. I was just thinking about a portion of Scripture and want to share it with you:

Philippians 4:4-9 KJV Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. 5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

It's a wonderful thing to have peace with and from God.

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
I have enjoyed the gentle chatting here...I seem to be tired a lot...I think I am not getting enough sleep "for me"...need to work on that with naps.

Graice got a walk very early and I drove about 20 minutes (one way) to get my shingles vaccine today.

After a nap...(hopefully) Gracie will get a bath. :)

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It's Monday and I hope everyone has a great week. I was just thinking about a portion of Scripture and want to share it with you:

Philippians 4:4-9 KJV Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. 5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

It's a wonderful thing to have peace with and from God.
:amen: Tom ~ Praise god :clap:
I have enjoyed the gentle chatting here...I seem to be tired a lot...I think I am not getting enough sleep "for me"...need to work on that with naps.

Graice got a walk very early and I drove about 20 minutes (one way) to get my shingles vaccine today.

After a nap...(hopefully) Gracie will get a bath. :)

I hope everyone is well, and that you get your needed rest Shirley :hug:

Today has been in slow motion for me; not getting much done...so here I am visiting :D
I woke up with mild vertigo from an allergy flare with all the weather changes; my head and one ear is 'stuffy'.
Having been down this road before.... my meds have been taken and it will pass....so I am just laying low.
We got some needed chores done, took a 'stroll' down the road for fresh air, and after this rest we will be headed to the vet for Penny's check up.

Good to see you all ~ be blessed :pray:

Upvote 0

frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟114,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Dave, yes I am very proud of my son for aiming to get this elephant off his back. Like me, he finds owing money very stressful. He turned 19 and then for a year or two, thought he was big man; he learned fairly quickly. I suspect once he's got this behind him, he will feel ready to take his relationship with his lady to the next level! :thumbsup:

Gail, so glad you and Dave will be around.

Shirley, so glad you enjoyed your dinner. Hope you get your rest. I didn't sleep enough last night; maybe tonight will be better. I knew I shouldn't have let Krysti pour me that cup of coffee last night, but it smelled so good.:p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Dave, yes I am very proud of my son for aiming to get this elephant off his back. Like me, he finds owing money very stressful. He turned 19 and then for a year or two, thought he was big man; he learned fairly quickly. I suspect once he's got this behind him, he will feel ready to take his relationship with his lady to the next level! :thumbsup:

Shirley, so glad you enjoyed your dinner. Hope you get your rest. I didn't sleep enough last night; maybe tonight will be better. I knew I shouldn't have let Krysti pour me that cup of coffee last night, but it smelled so good.:p
I am glad things are turning around for him financially; that can be tough :thumbsup:

Thanks Marsha ~ you are still stuck with me ;) :hug:
I seem to be settling into a routine, and in limiting other areas of CF that will free me up for chit chat..... AND PRAYER/READING/CHORES :idea:

Penny did ok at the vet (lab work is pending); like us she needs to cut portions and shed a few pounds ;)

I hope you sleep better....we were restless here last night too :o

God bless :hug: :pray:

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
:amen: Tom ~ Praise god :clap:

I hope everyone is well, and that you get your needed rest Shirley :hug:

Today has been in slow motion for me; not getting much done...so here I am visiting :D
I woke up with mild vertigo from an allergy flare with all the weather changes; my head and one ear is 'stuffy'.
Having been down this road before.... my meds have been taken and it will pass....so I am just laying low.
We got some needed chores done, took a 'stroll' down the road for fresh air, and after this rest we will be headed to the vet for Penny's check up.

Good to see you all ~ be blessed :pray:

I don't like it when you have your flair ups Gail....((((((((hugs)))))).

I got a nap and Gracie got her bath....yeah.

387051_514693415210925_1302776679_n-1.jpg

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed

It is always good to see you posting with us Marsha....coffee really keeps me awake too...it does smell good, hard to resist. :angel:

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't like it when you have your flair ups Gail....((((((((hugs)))))).

I got a nap and Gracie got her bath....yeah.

387051_514693415210925_1302776679_n-1.jpg
^^ Cute ;)

I am better tonight thanks ~ Glad you had a semi-decent day :hug:

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's officially Tuesday here since it's 30 minutes after midnight - HAPPY TUESDAY.

Our two little babies go to the groomer later this morning, and they always show off when they get back. They'll also get the hair out of their eyes and be able to see better. Little Hank knows that he's cute and actually struts. :D On the first trip outside, Lucy runs in circles as fast as her little legs will carry her.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.