Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Chinese authorities are reportedly stepping up their campaign against Muslims in the north-western region of Xinjiang.

According to sources in the region, officials have been warning neighbourhoods and mosques that ethnic minority Muslim families are being forced to hand in religious items including the Koran and prayer mats.

They face severe punishment if they are discovered.

Chinese police ask Muslims to hand in all copies of Koran | Daily Mail Online

Just imagine if the United States government asked Christians to hand in their Bibles or rosaries. The same people who would likely cheer the Chinese government doing this would never stop whining and crying about persecution.

But that persecution is OK if it happens to Muslims, of course.
Ringo

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Just imagine if the United States government asked Christians to hand in their Bibles or rosaries. The same people who would likely cheer the Chinese government doing this would never stop whining and crying about persecution.

Ringo
Are we really comparing China to the USA. When it comes to human rights. They aren't much better than Muslim countries. Or other inhumane countries. Lets not forget the forced abortions, to lower China's population.

Reactions: Living Soul
Upvote 0

GuusVA

God's Warrior
Oct 14, 2013
Tongeren Belgium
✟24,641.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
False equivalence ... I think a better comparison would be to compare them with the acts of Islamic nations. Do Islamic nations offer more freedoms for non-Islamic belief-systems?

There are still muslims that are peacefull! Thecnically China treats most religions that threathen their way of gorverning in this way but if you call a comparison... There are violent Christians as well, how would we feel to be compared to them?

Are we really comparing China to the USA. When it comes to human rights. They aren't much better than Muslim countries. Or other inhumane countries. Lets not forget the forced abortions, to lower China's population.

Well thecnically we should compare all our countries.

What I mean to say is all our countries have inhumane situations somewhere ;)

The persecution is not okay to happen to muslims, but really is okay to happen to christians?

It is a inhumane action to persecute for religious beliefs of political direction in others lifes!

• Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
There are still muslims that are peacefull! Thecnically China treats most religions that threathen their way of gorverning in this way but if you call a comparison... There are violent Christians as well, how would we feel to be compared to them?
I didn't say there aren't peaceful individual Muslims. I'm just pointing out a better comparison - country vs country.

Upvote 0

GuusVA

God's Warrior
Oct 14, 2013
Tongeren Belgium
✟24,641.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say there aren't peaceful individual Muslims. I'm just pointing out a better comparison - country vs country.

I understood this, just wanted to point out the comparison that I see in it ;), if you compare one, you must automatically compare the other...

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The persecution is not okay to happen to muslims, but really is okay to happen to christians?

It is a inhumane action to persecute for religious beliefs of political direction in others lifes!
I never thought it was okay to persecute anyone one. Also I don't Christians being treated any worse than Muslims. I just think religions try to take over each other. Just like the Christians did with the Indians and other lands. They stole it. And try to force their views on every one. I just think that what religions all about.

Upvote 0

Living Soul

Aug 28, 2017
New England
✟21,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ringo

So let me ask you, is the real reason you posted this article just so you could bash American Christians? By your statements made here, it certainly seems that way.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So let me ask you, is the real reason you posted this article just so you could bash American Christians? By your statements made here, it certainly seems that way.
My purpose is to inform and to show that American Christians are among the most advantaged in the world.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Well thecnically we should compare all our countries.

What I mean to say is all our countries have inhumane situations somewhere ;)

I don't think it's OK for anyone to be persecuted. My point in bringing it up is that some American Christians have a tendency to get on their high horse about how "persecuted" they are, but they have it better than many others in the world.
Ringo

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
My purpose is to inform and to show that American Christians are among the most advantaged in the world.
Ringo

That's easy enough to do by pointing out the story without adding a preemptive criticism of an argument that nobody could have possibly made in the opening post of the thread.

The incident also shows how much better American Muslims have it than others, too.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I wouldn't see the US government doing this but I'll tell you what now, I would be moderately surprised if there isn't some mayor or country rep. somewhere in the US who hasn't utterred this exact thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

GuusVA

God's Warrior
Oct 14, 2013
Tongeren Belgium
✟24,641.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I never thought it was okay to persecute anyone one. Also I don't Christians being treated any worse than Muslims. I just think religions try to take over each other. Just like the Christians did with the Indians and other lands. They stole it. And try to force their views on every one. I just think that what religions all about.

I don't think it's OK for anyone to be persecuted. My point in bringing it up is that some American Christians have a tendency to get on their high horse about how "persecuted" they are, but they have it better than many others in the world.
Ringo

It is not okay to persecute anyone! as my post was saying.

I agree that too many Christians are feeling persecuted in too many ways! As in western christian people shouldn't feel persecuted. Because really they aren't. Specially Americans or in other countries where Christianity dominates the country.

I wouldn't see the US government doing this but I'll tell you what now, I would be moderately surprised if there isn't some mayor or country rep. somewhere in the US who hasn't utterred this exact thing.

Probably they do weird things to show their hate for religion or endless religious debates. Even though they have no right to do so, sometimes they do so unpunished. Yet that is not really persecution yet.

• Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Ringo
Didn't read the rest of the thread. China also has a track record of persecuting Christians. China is a country that has periodic smack downs on religious beliefs... because communism and being officially atheist. In fact, it may interest you to note that Christians are the most persecuted religion in the world, and it is increasing. Part of the study even noticed that such persecution was on the rise even in Christian majority nations. The only reason I bring up Christianity in a thread that is allegedly about Muslims is because you did so first.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Ringo

The muslims in china are waging jihad against the chiese Authorities.. Christians in the USA are not waging any military crusade against the USA.. So very different background and eqivelency cannot be established.. Two very different situations..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Didn't read the rest of the thread. China also has a track record of persecuting Christians. China is a country that has periodic smack downs on religious beliefs... because communism and being officially atheist. In fact, it may interest you to note that Christians are the most persecuted religion in the world, and it is increasing. Part of the study even noticed that such persecution was on the rise even in Christian majority nations. The only reason I bring up Christianity in a thread that is allegedly about Muslims is because you did so first.

I never disputed that Christians are persecuted all across the world. It's just that there's a HUGE difference between the state cracking down on adherents of your religion and getting whiny because a Ten Commandments monument was taken down. One's persecution. The other is not.
Ringo

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I never disputed that Christians are persecuted all across the world. It's just that there's a HUGE difference between the state cracking down on adherents of your religion and getting whiny because a Ten Commandments monument was taken down. One's persecution. The other is not.
Ringo
I'm still trying to figure out why you're posting an article about Muslims if that isn't the point of your thread.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm still trying to figure out why you're posting an article about Muslims if that isn't the point of your thread.

I'm not sure what isn't clear. The article may be about Muslims, but persecution is persecution whether it happens to Muslims or Christians, right? I think some American Christians need to realize that despite their persecution complex because of Ten Commandments monuments, there are religious people in this world suffering real, state-sponsored discrimination and censorship.

There is a lot of imperfection in this country, but we are extremely lucky to enjoy the freedom we have in this country.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Ringo

Makes sense.

Ringo

Then I would label it a colossal, yet hilarious, failure.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Makes sense.

Then I would label it a colossal, yet hilarious, failure.

https://addictionandrecoverynews.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/missing-the-point.gif

I'm well aware that China persecutes all religions. That isn't the point. The point is that many American Christians get so wrapped up in persecution complexes over non issues like Ten Commandments monuments when Christians all around the world suffer from real, state-sponsored persecution. Christians here should be grateful for the freedom they enjoy here.
Ringo

Upvote 0