Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where it will build a permanent base.

china-sending-first-humans-mars-2033_resize_md.jpg

A rendering of a 3D-Printed habitat on Mars.SEArch+/Apis Cor / NASA
China has set its sights on Mars.

China's go-to rocket manufacturer revealed a roadmap for the nation's forthcoming crewed missions to Mars, according to an initial report from Global Times.

While the nation's plans also call for a permanent Mars base, NASA, SpaceX, or another conventional spaceworthy power will likely beat them to it. But it's great to see China stepping up, and committing to aspirational goals like landing the first humans on the Red Planet.

China aims to put the first humans on Mars by 2033

Continued below.
China Just Announced That It's Sending the First Humans to Mars

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

China's go-to rocket manufacturer revealed a roadmap for the nation's forthcoming crewed missions to Mars, according to an initial report from Global Times.

While the nation's plans also call for a permanent Mars base, NASA, SpaceX, or another conventional spaceworthy power will likely beat them to it. But it's great to see China stepping up, and committing to aspirational goals like landing the first humans on the Red Planet.

Continued below.
Did we just enter into a new space race?

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well...what has New Zealand done lately to further humanity?
Nothing, lol. But then again, I'm quite at odds with my Nation's popular ideas about itself.

Yet I don't see how the USA as it stands now colonizing space first would be a good thing.

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing, lol. But then again, I'm quite at odds with my Nation's popular ideas about itself.

Yet I don't see how the USA as it stands now colonizing space first would be a good thing.
At least it would distract us from starting another war overseas.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
China is "first" in human-animal hybrid experimentation, and among the "first' in having an incredibly low value for human life even of their own citizens giving them a lot of options for brutally trying to stop covid-19 in China by locking citizens in their homes when infected until they died or placing them all in an area that was not good for health if found to be infected (in Wuhan for example). They are also great at not being fully transparent about what they are actually doing especially if it is related to ending the lives of some of their citizens ...

So now then - China finding volunteers to take this big risky step. It just brings a few "questions" to mind.

I will be very impressed if they send people to Mars and actually get them all back in one piece. And I don't view that as a good reason for the U.S. or any other nation to engage in something unsafe beyond reason.

• Agree
Reactions: SongOnTheWind
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Continued below.
Let them have at it ... it's time for someone else to take some positive initiative ...

Upvote 0

Andy Pierce

Jun 4, 2021
Austin
✟12,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't know what's worse. The Chinese colonizing space first, or the USA.
USA is worse because USA is a nation that hates family values. China won't be sending transsexuals to Mars.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Better get your country on the stick then.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not familiar with that phrase. What do you mean?
To "get on the stick" means to stop wasting time and get the job done, whatever it is. Like if you should have started on your project a few days ago, and it's still due next week.

In this case, I'm saying you should organize a movement to get your country's space program such that you can build an appropriate spaceship and appropriate logistics and get the right people together to colonize space before either the US or China can if you really don't like the idea of one of our countries colonizing it first. I see that the New Zealand Space Agency was only founded 5 years ago, so it appears that you have some catch-up work to do with both countries.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It means to stop wasting time and get the job done, whatever it is. Like if you should have started on your project a few days ago, and it's still due next week.

In this case, I'm saying you should organize a movement to get your country's space program such that you can build an appropriate spaceship and appropriate logistics and get the right people together to colonize space before either the US or China can if you really don't like the idea of one of our countries colonizing it first. I see that the New Zealand Space Agency was only founded 5 years ago, so it appears that you have some catch-up work to do with both countries.

Wait, why do I have to start a movement to organize New Zealand to colonize space? Why do you think I would want a bunch of kiwis in space first?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wait, why do I have to start a movement to organize New Zealand to colonize space? Why do you think I would want a bunch of kiwis in space first?
If you don't want the US or China to be the first to colonize space, then you might as well have your country beat us to it, because we're not going to stop because of your objections.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will be very impressed if they send people to Mars and actually get them all back in one piece. And I don't view that as a good reason for the U.S. or any other nation to engage in something unsafe beyond reason.

I highly doubt that they will be able to bring them back. I also doubt that we would be able to bring them back.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you don't want the US or China to be the first to colonize space, then you might as well have your country beat us to it, because we're not going to stop because of your objections.

Well duh. Doesn't mean it's a good or even desirable thing to happen. Nor do I think New Zealand colonizing space would be a good and desirable thing. I would sooner prefer Russia colonize space first.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well duh. Doesn't mean it's a good or even desirable thing to happen. Nor do I think New Zealand colonizing space would be a good and desirable thing. I would sooner prefer Russia colonize space first.
Why Russia?

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0