✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're in rare form here....

It's possible that they contracted a rare and dangerous disease from their own product known as "El Pollo Loco". It's known to cause erratic behavior in Christians.
And an insatiable appetites.

• Haha
Reactions: Ana the Ist
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
At it's core, I don't think that "voting with one's dollars" is a completely fruitless strategy...

But in the end boycotting means putting thousands of chickens out of a job to say nothing of putting a dent in the wallets of chicken farmers. And at the end of the day, the LGBTQ folks will still be LGBTQ and still be pursuing their equal rights in a free society.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I understand.. when your food was once prepared with hate then suddenly no longer prepared with hate.. it's just not the same..

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I see this as a lesson in never catering to progressives because by definition they can never be content with what they have or how things are. Otherwise, they could no longer be "progressive". To compromise with a progressive is like giving a mouse a cookie while it is sliding down the slippery slope. So again I say that if CFA is going to cater to the left, they will not be catering at my events.

They aren’t even catering to the left. They simply aren’t donating to the FCA and Salvation Army this year, instead donating to places that focus on education, homelessness, and hunger. How is this a slight against conservative Christians?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I understand.. when your food was once prepared with hate then suddenly no longer prepared with hate.. it's just not the same..

Did CFA actually try to stifle some LBTG groups? Or did they just have some people in charge with unpopular opinions?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did CFA actually try to stifle some LBTG groups? Or did they just have some people in charge with unpopular opinions?

I don't know much about the Chick-fil-a situation. Just think some people enjoyed hate eating that chicken, lol.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know much about the Chick-fil-a situation. Just think some people enjoyed hate eating that chicken, lol.

Yeah as far as I can tell....they've just donated money to Christian organizations. It's weird to see people calling The Salvation Army an "anti-TBGL organization"....people understand that they give stuff to the poor, right? I've never heard of them asking the poor to first prove their heterosexuality either....

Saying that a Christian organization hasn't supported the BLTG community is like saying Black Lives Matter doesn't support police lol.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But in the end boycotting means putting thousands of chickens out of a job to say nothing of putting a dent in the wallets of chicken farmers. And at the end of the day, the LGBTQ folks will still be LGBTQ and still be pursuing their equal rights in a free society.

And they should pursue their equal rights in this country. LGBTQ citizens are American citizens. There is absolutely no reason why they should be denied equality and rights just because some disgruntled conservative Christians disapprove of the LGBTQ sexual orientation and lifestyle. The United States of America was founded upon the ideals of freedom, liberty and justice for all. And within this country's own Declaration of Independence, these ideals are emulated: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Land of the free, home of the brave.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...to me, that seems like more of a dog-whistle/word-game tactic that gets played by some folks in the evangelical community by promoting policies that directly and negatively impact the gay community, but still wanting to claim "we're not anti-gay".
When a person says "by some folks," he has almost certainly insulated himself against being wrong...technically speaking. There are always going to be "some" exceptions to any observation like yours.

However, I can assure you that your hunch is incorrect as far as the great majority are concerned. I know the suspicion exists and that you don't have to believe me, but I know from experience and have witnessed enough to tell you without hesitation that it's dead wrong.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

They donated millions to groups that opposed SSM as their primary goal.

"It's weird to see people calling The Salvation Army an "anti-TBGL organization""

Salvation Army is a stranger organization than most suppose. To rise in the ranks, you must be married (but not gay married). Though they serve everyone, and have stopped AFAIK referring gay people to conversion therapy, the organization itself still discriminates against gay people in employment and benefits.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
OK people, I have a Chik-fil-A solution!

1. Christians get to eat there Mon, Weds, Sat.
2. Gays get to eat there Tues, Thurs, Sun
3. Chik-fil-A is closed Friday for the Muslims.
Lol , I'm not into boycotts. But, I wont be going Chik-fil-A for a while. I prefer Chinese and sushi food. And I don't have a Chik-fil-A close to where I live.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And they should pursue their equal rights in this country. LGBTQ citizens are American citizens. There is absolutely no reason why they should be denied equality and rights just because some disgruntled conservative Christians disapprove of the LGBTQ sexual orientation and lifestyle.
You kinda gave up the high road of reason and justice there in favor of pointing fingers at some scapegoats, didn't you? Thus poisoned, your argument wound up being stillborn.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They donated millions to groups that opposed SSM as their primary goal.

Like?

"It's weird to see people calling The Salvation Army an "anti-TBGL organization""

Salvation Army is a stranger organization than most suppose. To rise in the ranks, you must be married (but not gay married). Though they serve everyone, and have stopped AFAIK referring gay people to conversion therapy, the organization itself still discriminates against gay people in employment and benefits.

Right ...it's a Christian organization. It's not a business...it's not part of the government. I get that you might not be happy about it...but they can do those things, right?

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They do nothing of the sort. Especially the Dred Scott ruling. The 14th Amendment has nothing to do with marriage as marriage is a legal institution not a natural right.
Drivers licenses are not a right. How would you feel if we made a law denying drivers licenses to Lutherans because we disagreed with their lifestyle choices?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You kinda gave up the high road of reason and justice there in favor of pointing fingers at some scapegoats, didn't you? Thus poisoned, your argument wound up being stillborn.
You cannot deny it is conservative Christians that are the biggest group opposed to gay marriage. 60% of politically conservative Christians oppose gay marriage and only 10% that lean liberal politically are against gay marriage. If it was not for Christians gay people would have been able to marry long ago.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You cannot deny it is conservative Christians that are the biggest group opposed to gay marriage. 60% of politically conservative Christians oppose gay marriage and only 10% that lean liberal politically are against gay marriage. If it was not for Christians gay people would have been able to marry long ago.
As much as we can generalize about a religion, Christianity is responsible for a shocking amount of suffering in this world re being gay in this world - from enforcing outcast status right up to horrific persecution.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Chick-fil-A has donated over $5 million, via WinShape, to groups that oppose same-sex marriage. Of this, more than $3 million was donated primarily to Christian organizations whose agendas included positions that oppose same-sex marriage,[63] with the money donated between 2003 and 2009.[64] A total of $1.9 million was donated in 2010 to groups such as the Marriage & Family Foundation, Exodus International, and the Family Research Council (FRC).

Of those, the Marriage & Family Foundation was created by a member of the Cathy family and its address was the same as the Chick-fil-A corporate address.

That long ride is a fundraiser for an organization that helps lobby against marriage equality. Registration forms for the event ask that checks be sent, not to the WinShape Foundation that Chick-fil-A operates, but directly to the Marriage and Family Foundation at 5200 Buffington Road in Atlanta, Ga. [an address now shared by Chick-fil-A’s headquarters].

Right ...it's a Christian organization. It's not a business...it's not part of the government. I get that you might not be happy about it...but they can do those things, right?

I didn't say they couldn't. But I don't see why you think it's controversial to call them homophobic to use their religious freedoms to discriminate in this way. When Falwell's liberty schools were created as segregated schools to evade integration in the public schools, surely they were racist, whether or not they were Christian organizations?

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The notion of a boycott permits folks to enjoy their fantasy that they are doing something against what they perceive to be a grave injustice. You may enjoy your fantasy if you must regardless of its ineffectiveness.

Support Chik-Fil-A. Give chickens a purpose. :rooster::rooster::rooster:

Reactions: A Realist
Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married