Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And Governor Huckabee has asked all who are "God fearing and family oriented" to show their support for the family values Chik-Fil-A by going there Wednesday, August 1st. Said he has it on his Facebook page and there's a lot of support.

Mike Huckabee Calls for Chick-Fil-A Day - ABC News

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What a nice sweeping generalization. You must be proud.

I wouldn't say I'm proud to have discriminating tastes, as much as I'm glad that I have discriminating tastes. I understand that lots of people like throwaway consumer goods and mass-produced foods. I'm happy for them, and I'm happy not to be one of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This actually makes me want to rapidly increase my patronage of chick Fil A! Yay!!

Do it! Show those libs and health advocates and people who enjoy good meals! They'll see what fools they've been!!

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do it! Show those libs and health advocates and people who enjoy good meals! They'll see what fools they've been!!

LOL I actually will! I already love thier food and now I am proud of them for standing up for Christian truth and morality in modern sodom. Yay!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
F

FrancesJames09

Ah, well too bad Chick-fil-a did that. I won't be eating there anymore, that's for sure. I'm glad to hear that Lisa Henson, the CEO of the company, directed them to give the money they got from Chick-fil-a to GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation). Nice to see that Chick-fil-a's money at least went to something that will promote the common good.

Upvote 0
F

FrancesJames09

I guess it's OK for companies to be against traditional marriage than to be for it.

You can be in favour of traditional marriage--between a man and a woman--and be in favour of gay marriage, too. I'm a supporter of both: without the traditional kind I never would have been born. It isn't that they're for traditional marriage, it's that they're against gay marriage.

Upvote 0

Sumwear

Jul 23, 2012
✟4,400.00
Faith
Christian Seeker

Wait, I thought same sex marriages were forbidden in catholicism or am I missing something?

Upvote 0
F

FrancesJames09

Wait, I thought same sex marriages were forbidden in catholicism or am I missing something?

The official Church teaching is the homosexuality is sinful and that the only valid form of marriage is between a man and a woman.

This, however, does not stop other Catholics from having differing opinions on the matter. Most in my parish, for example, are in favour of gay marriage.

Now I want to be clear, my opinion and those of the members of my parish do not reflect the Church's official stance.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.