Virginia
✟8,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My wife was a strong Christian when I met her. She brought me closer to Christ. She was a virgin when I met her and we did not have premarital sex. A few months after the marriage I had to travel, then the cheating started. I was uneasy about a guy she always hung out with and I told her i found it strange that she was always chatting on the phone with him.

She eventually got pregnant and is not sure if I am the father. I am not sure what to do I am totally devastated. I think god is letting me know that I loved her too much, my love should have been directed to Christ.

Am I wrong?

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My wife was a strong Christian when I met her. She brought me closer to Christ. She was a virgin when I met her and we did not have premarital sex. A few months after the marriage I had to travel, then the cheating started. I was uneasy about a guy she always hung out with and I told her i found it strange that she was always chatting on the phone with him.

She eventually got pregnant and is not sure if I am the father. I am not sure what to do I am totally devastated. I think god is letting me know that I loved her too much, my love should have been directed to Christ.

Am I wrong?
I would say you are wrong about it being a punishment for not loving Christ more. You don't need to take the rap for this at all, assuming this is something she did, it's all on her, and a terrible thing it is...I'm sorry.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Am I wrong?
I feel sorry for what is happening to you. We have to remember that everyone is subjected to sin, even "strong Christians".

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Am I wrong?

Yes, on that last question, entirely wrong. Your wife is a harlot. She deceived you.

She is not the "strong christian" she pretended to be. It's that simple. There is no way you can get married, in within the first year, commit adultery and call yourself a strong christian.

Now if you had told me that you were starving out your wife for a couple of years, and she started cheating, I'd say you were to blame.

But in under a year? Not even a year, and she's screwing some other guy? No, that's not on you. She's a harlot.

And let me address this thought pattern of yours....

You loved her too much, no if anything you did not love her enough. But I'll get to that in a minute.

G-d does not cause christian people to commit grave evil sins, to somehow punish another christian.
I assume you know the story of David and Bathsheba. If you don't, then read up 2 Samuel 11.

Does it say that Uriah, Bathsheba's husband, was a terrible evil man, and this is why Bathsheba was perfectly willing to run off with David and get pregnant? No. Uriah, from every possible angle, was a moral and G-dly man. He had the highest integrity of anyone in the entire story line. G-d did not cause David or Bathsheba to do evil, because Uriah wasn't G-dly enough.

Now that said, I want to say some things that you might have done differently.

It might seem like a contradiction, but both things can be true at the same time. I can both be true that you should have acted differently, and also be true that this is still entirely on your wife who committed the evil act of being unfaithful adulterer sinner.

First, you need to fight to protect your marriage. You knew this was unhealthy the way she was messing around with this other man. You should have contacted this man directly, and told him to stay away from your with or you would beat him with a bat. And you should have gotten nose to nose in your wife's face and told her she is not to talk to this many again.

Far from loving her too much, you didn't love her enough.

Second, and this is my person opinion.... straight up. Deuteronomy 24:5 has a verse that says a military man who gets married, should be relived of service, or any other duty, for a period of one year, to bring happiness to his wife.

I think all men should follow that verse as best they can. No ditching your bran new bride, to travel. If you have to leave home, you should cough up the money to take your wife with you where you are traveling. The worst thing I see men do, is marry someone, and then jump on a plane and fly to Uganda for a business conference.

NO. You need to stay home with your wife. For at least one year. After you are settled in, and get to know each other, and how this relationship works... ok then resume your normal work. But for one year, you need to be with the woman.

Does this mean if you had done all this, everything would have worked out?

No, you might have done everything perfectly like Uriah, and she still would have been whoring around. Again, this chick was no 'strong christian'. You can't marry someone, and in under 12 months, be screwing other guys, and be a strong Christian. No way.

So what would I do.....

Nothing I say is going to make your heart stop hurting. But I'm going to tell you straight up what I would do.

Honest truth: I would file for an annulment. NOW... Right NOW. She was NEVER faithful to you. I guarantee she was never faithful, because affairs don't start in a matter of weeks. She had to have been getting close to this guy, before you ever got married. Get an annulment. This chick is poison.

Move on. Get away from her, as quickly as you can. That's what I would do.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Am I wrong?
You need a lot of support at this time. If you have a congregation, then get council. It is also time to have a very honest conversation with your wife. Why did she veer from the marriage vows?

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Am I wrong?

I am not clear here. Is your wife unsure if you are the father of her baby or is it you who is unsure? Has your wife confirmed that she has committed adultery or is this just what you believe has happened?

Regardless, this is certainly not a punishment on you from God. If anything it is a sinful mistake on your wife's part, that you may or may not have contributed to. It is very important that we meet the needs of our spouses physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually otherwise we open the door for Satan to get into our marriage....take it from a lady who has been married 34 years.

Lastly, a recommendation to all Believers who are married. Despite a very modern way of thinking, when you are married it is not wise for you to have friends of the opposite sex that are not connected to your spouse. Couples should have couple friends or not be friends with the opposite sex. It only buys trouble despite how innocent people claim these relationships to be. Your wife's friends should be female and your friends should be male, beyond that it is best to steer clear for the sake of your long-term marriage, that is if you want it to make it to long-term.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,756.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, on that last question, entirely wrong. Your wife is a harlot. She deceived you.

She is not the "strong christian" she pretended to be. It's that simple. There is no way you can get married, in within the first year, commit adultery and call yourself a strong christian.

Now if you had told me that you were starving out your wife for a couple of years, and she started cheating, I'd say you were to blame.

But in under a year? Not even a year, and she's screwing some other guy? No, that's not on you. She's a harlot.

And let me address this thought pattern of yours....

You loved her too much, no if anything you did not love her enough. But I'll get to that in a minute.

G-d does not cause christian people to commit grave evil sins, to somehow punish another christian.
I assume you know the story of David and Bathsheba. If you don't, then read up 2 Samuel 11.

Does it say that Uriah, Bathsheba's husband, was a terrible evil man, and this is why Bathsheba was perfectly willing to run off with David and get pregnant? No. Uriah, from every possible angle, was a moral and G-dly man. He had the highest integrity of anyone in the entire story line. G-d did not cause David or Bathsheba to do evil, because Uriah wasn't G-dly enough.

Now that said, I want to say some things that you might have done differently.

It might seem like a contradiction, but both things can be true at the same time. I can both be true that you should have acted differently, and also be true that this is still entirely on your wife who committed the evil act of being unfaithful adulterer sinner.

First, you need to fight to protect your marriage. You knew this was unhealthy the way she was messing around with this other man. You should have contacted this man directly, and told him to stay away from your with or you would beat him with a bat. And you should have gotten nose to nose in your wife's face and told her she is not to talk to this many again.

Far from loving her too much, you didn't love her enough.

Second, and this is my person opinion.... straight up. Deuteronomy 24:5 has a verse that says a military man who gets married, should be relived of service, or any other duty, for a period of one year, to bring happiness to his wife.

I think all men should follow that verse as best they can. No ditching your bran new bride, to travel. If you have to leave home, you should cough up the money to take your wife with you where you are traveling. The worst thing I see men do, is marry someone, and then jump on a plane and fly to Uganda for a business conference.

NO. You need to stay home with your wife. For at least one year. After you are settled in, and get to know each other, and how this relationship works... ok then resume your normal work. But for one year, you need to be with the woman.

Does this mean if you had done all this, everything would have worked out?

No, you might have done everything perfectly like Uriah, and she still would have been whoring around. Again, this chick was no 'strong christian'. You can't marry someone, and in under 12 months, be screwing other guys, and be a strong Christian. No way.

So what would I do.....

Nothing I say is going to make your heart stop hurting. But I'm going to tell you straight up what I would do.

Honest truth: I would file for an annulment. NOW... Right NOW. She was NEVER faithful to you. I guarantee she was never faithful, because affairs don't start in a matter of weeks. She had to have been getting close to this guy, before you ever got married. Get an annulment. This chick is poison.

Move on. Get away from her, as quickly as you can. That's what I would do.

Firstly, the 'language' you use is not Christian.

Secondly, if the marriage can be saved then that should be taken.

Thirdly, we dont know all the facts.

Upvote 0

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

'harlot' is a disgusting word indeed.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

'harlot' is a disgusting word indeed.

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 8.11.39 PM.png

The word for harlot is in the Bible. Is the Bible disgusting? Is G-d disgusting for writing it in his book?

This woman pretended to be a 'strong christian' to this man, lied to him, deceived him, and screwing another man within months of marrying.

The word fits. It is accurate to what was written in the original post. Period.

Now if he is not telling the whole truth, and all the facts are not there, and there is a bunch of information we are missing.... I can't answer a post with information i was never given.

If that man wants to save the marriage, that's on him. My advice is the best I know. I do not see anything here worth saving. A woman who is screwing another man within a few months of marrying me? What good do you think is going to from from saving that marriage? She will clearly have no problem screwing around again, because she was screwing another guy in just a matter of months of pledging her life to this guy.

If you want to save that marriage... do what you feel is best. My advice, this girl is clearly rotten to the core. Get away from her.

Upvote 0

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 257570

The word for harlot is in the Bible. Is the Bible disgusting? Is G-d disgusting for writing it in his book?

This woman pretended to be a 'strong christian' to this man, lied to him, deceived him, and screwing another man within months of marrying.

The word fits. It is accurate to what was written in the original post. Period.

Now if he is not telling the whole truth, and all the facts are not there, and there is a bunch of information we are missing.... I can't answer a post with information i was never given.

If that man wants to save the marriage, that's on him. My advice is the best I know. I do not see anything here worth saving. A woman who is screwing another man within a few months of marrying me? What good do you think is going to from from saving that marriage? She will clearly have no problem screwing around again, because she was screwing another guy in just a matter of months of pledging her life to this guy.

If you want to save that marriage... do what you feel is best. My advice, this girl is clearly rotten to the core. Get away from her.

I'd argue that context really matters in this case. Would you go up to a woman and call her 'harlot' to her face? We're not in Old Testament times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She eventually got pregnant and is not sure if I am the father. I am not sure what to do I am totally devastated.

Firstly I will give you a bit of advice concerning the legal issue here. As I understand the law (in the US), a child born in a marriage is presumed to be the husband's and you will have to pay child support for 18 years even if it is not yours. So, please get yourself to an attorney asap to get some good counsel to protect against this eventuality. Try to find an attorney that specializes in fathers rights.

Secondly, I'm not sure what is here to try to save of your marriage, unless the child is yours. Given her confession of cheating in such a short marriage, it raises the question of whether her boundaries were just terrible (but can be fixed) or whether she will be a serial cheat. If the child is yours, you may want to try to fix the boundaries to see if that gets you comfortable with her again. In this case, stay on guard to determine if this is a one time instance or if she just likes to cheat.

If the child is not yours, then you may want to cut your losses and divorce on the grounds of adultery.

Here is an article to consider if you choose to try to fix the boundaries:
The Risk of Opposite-sex Friendships in Marriage (Marriage...

Here is an article to consider about life with her in the future if she is a serial cheater (i.e. actively seeks out opportunities to cheat because she likes to cheat):
What to Do with a Serial Cheater (Marriage Builders®, Inc.)

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'd argue that context really matters in this case. Would you go up to a woman and call her 'harlot' to her face? We're not in Old Testament times.

Yes, actually I would. If she did that, yes I would. In fact, I have.

One of the things that bothers me about Western Christianity, is that it seems to have no power at all in people's lives. People go to church, and live no differently than the pagans around them.

I'm convinced that part of the reason is that we sanitized Christianity to the point that Jesus Christ himself would be banned from the Churches that bare his name.

Jesus told the religious leaders of his day, to their face, that they were white washed tombs, nice and pretty on the outside, but filled with dead men's bones.

Remember Jesus walked into the Temple and told everyone "You have made my father's house into a den of thieves." Basically he called everyone running the place, a bunch of criminals.

Jesus told the woman "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs."... he called her a dog.

Galatians 5:12 The apostle Paul said
"I just wish that those troublemakers who want to mutilate you by circumcision would mutilate themselves."

The reality is, the reason Christians in Western culture have zero influence on the society around them, is because we have done what the pagans want us to do. We have emasculated ourselves as a faith. We are no longer willing to call out sin and evil, for what it is.

We've fallen in love with a fake Jesus of only joy and happiness, when Jesus was extremely strong and direct with people.

There is a reason they killed Jesus. And it's the same reason, that if Jesus was posting on this forum, he would likely be banned from it, and kicked out of every church, that had a Cross over the building.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Am I wrong?

Hi there, I saw your thread and wanted to chime in.

1) I agree a lot of with what @Andrew77 said in his first post. I think getting an annulment or divorce is something to strongly think about. While I would normally avoid using the word harlot derogatorily, I think Andrew really has a point and stiff rebukes are also sometimes given in the bible!

2) In general I'm worried about you. The one thing that people in these threads usually fail to mention (because they are generally doing the normal good Christian thing of trying to prevent a divorce) is address the systemic bias of men vs. women on these issues. This takes place in the courts and largely in Christian churches as well. In general women have the upper hand in dealing in these matters unless men begin to take action to defend themselves.

While your situation is heart breaking, there is one silver lining your spouse actually handed you a Golden ticket to get out of the marriage. I would compare your situation to a friend I have who has been married 30 years in a bad marriage, at least 20 years being bad. His spouse has been abusive to him, even giving him a concussion, has bad mouthed and sabotaged him for years and done nothing to earn any money whatsoever (even though they have no kids etc.) This friend is going to have to pay alimony to an abusive and manipulative spouse, and to top it off "he is the bad guy" in the eyes of some church folk for seeking a divorce! (In their minds that is acceptable only for adultery, but even in this case my friend has circumstantial evidence that the wife has not been innocent in that as well).

3) Anyway the decision is ultimately up to you and what you think you can stand. If you think you can forgive your spouse etc. and even want to save the marriage etc. then doing so certainly is Christlike. But by and large I have seen how Christians often give advice that protects the bad parties involved in this sort of thing. And if you go forward, it should be with the awareness that it a roll of the dice whether you wife will permanently change or repent (the odds being stacked against it) and you will be having to make the best of a tough situation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Notmyname

Nov 5, 2018
Brisbane
✟29,162.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If she cheated on you AFTER ONLY 1 YEAR what makes you think she won’t do it again. Especially when she knows you’ll forgive her. If she made a mistake and cheated on you after maybe 10+ years of marriage then yeah forgive her but after only 1 year.

Use some logic here dude

I’m not even married or anything but you clearly have no self respect for yourself if you take her back. Admit you made a poor judgement and move on, go find a real godly women who will respect you.

I’m not trying to be mean But seriously don’t be such a simp, if you had another 100+ REAL godly women dying to be in a relationship with you would want to still be in a relationship with the cheater or would you move on and find another Christian women who actually respects you.

Because guess what there’s actually 100+ REAL Godly women out there looking for a guy like you

You can’t tern a h@e into a housewife
Just remember if you lie with the wolves your going to get flees

Upvote 0