Dec 24, 2005
✟439,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sure strange how Trump can attract so many strange people to be his followers.

PS I was one of them lol

Hi geetrue ...

Maybe it seems 'strange' to you ... but ...

There are also many of us who are not so strange ... maybe not even strange, at all ...
that also voted for Donald Trump.

And I have seen many 'strange' types supporting Democrat politicians also.

Now, there may not be so many 'strange' prophet-types associated with the Democrat party ... but that may well be because that party promotes policies that many Christians find unsupportable.

Bottom line: I don't think either party is exclusive of its fair share of 'strange' supporters ...
nor their share of 'non-strange' supporters. Least I like to think so ...

:blush:

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have serious concerns about her as well. I'm curious if you have noticed anything else of concern about her other than the outcome of her prophecy?

Hello topher. Her appearance and demeanor are quite outlandish. Sometimes she's shouty and sometimes as we Scots would say she seems about to keel over. But she does say that she goes for extended periods of time without sleep. Like KC her eyes seems a little unsettling. I could probably ignore the outer appearance because we know the Lord looks on the heart, but the content of what she says I find difficult in the sense that she rarely shares from the bible and sometimes doesn't talk about God or Jesus. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello topher. Her appearance and demeanor are quite outlandish. Sometimes she's shouty and sometimes as we Scots would say she seems about to keel over. But she does say that she goes for extended periods of time without sleep. Like KC her eyes seems a little unsettling. I could probably ignore the outer appearance because we know the Lord looks on the heart, but the content of what she says I find difficult in the sense that she rarely shares from the bible and sometimes doesn't talk about God or Jesus. God Bless :)
I would agree on all counts. Going extended periods without sleep is nothing to be proud about. How about the her overall disposition when she delivers a word? What are your impressions of that?

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How about the her overall disposition when she delivers a word? What are your impressions of that?

Not good. But it's the content that worries me most. Interestingly there's a 'prophet' named Kevin Zadai who has been on God TV a lot lately. He says many of the same things as Kat Kerr, he was taken up into heaven and heard from God that Trump would be the next president etc. But he's well dressed, calm and seems stable and convincing. A falsehood can be packaged in many forms. But the veneer slips and oddness comes out, apparently on one of his trips to heaven Jesus taught him to play the saxophone!?! God Bless :)

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not good. But it's the content that worries me most. Interestingly there's a 'prophet' named Kevin Zadai who has been on God TV a lot lately. He says many of the same things as Kat Kerr, he was taken up into heaven and heard from God that Trump would be the next president etc. But he's well dressed, calm and seems stable and convincing. A falsehood can be packaged in many forms. But the veneer slips and oddness comes out, apparently on one of his trips to heaven Jesus taught him to play the saxophone!?! God Bless :)
The reason I ask you these things is in many cases discernment is more important that accuracy. We've been talking about failed prophecies, but a false prophet can deliver an accurate word (comes to pass), what then? While I agree going on physical appearance alone is not wise, our discernment can often manifest as general unease (however we must be careful it is unease we feel and not the conviction of the Holy Spirit). What I personally sense from her is a lot of pride and lack of self-control, regardless of the accuracy of her words. That is not good fruit. And Jesus said we could discern the true from the false by their fruit. Now, none of are perfect and every tree produces a few bad apples, but when there is a pattern of bad fruit, then it is time to take notice and be cautious.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can't help but notice the OP started 3 controversial threads in this forum but hasn't posted that believes in the spiritual gifts and they're for today. Plus they haven't posted since the OPs - I haven't seen either..

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now, none of are perfect and every tree produces a few bad apples, but when there is a pattern of bad fruit, then it is time to take notice and be cautious.

Hello topher. That was an interesting post, thanks!

Talking of fruit, I received a word of knowledge from a Chinese brother who was speaking some years ago that was spot on. I remember there were only about six people at the meeting, he was not well known, just someone graciously, quietly and faithfully serving the Lord. I remember he did not ask for or talk about money in any shape or form, which was refreshing.

It might just be my personal bias but I don't much pay attention to hyped ministries, or those which seem to be overly commerical- advertising brings exaggeration and distortion. Which something becomes too slick it looses authenticity. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello topher. That was an interesting post, thanks!

Talking of fruit, I received a word of knowledge from a Chinese brother who was speaking some years ago that was spot on. I remember there were only about six people at the meeting, he was not well known, just someone graciously, quietly and faithfully serving the Lord. I remember he did not ask for or talk about money in any shape or form, which was refreshing.

It might just be my personal bias but I don't much pay attention to hyped ministries, or those which seem to be overly commercial- advertising brings exaggeration and distortion. Which something becomes too slick it looses authenticity. God Bless :)
I agree. Ministry should be based in serving others not promoting self. The gifts are God's power not ours anyway, that should humble us, not give us a big head.

That being said I'm always careful about being overly critical of other ministries just because they do things differently than me. Cautious yes, critical no. Truth is I don't know what sacrifices they've made to get there or what issues they have had to deal with, and none of us are perfect... I've got enough to do with what what God has given me, I don't need to spend my time worrying about what someone else is doing unless it affects my flock.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's a big doctrinal disagreement I've been seeing for many years in the church, a lot of prophecies flow from it.

Some say massive revivals are coming and that triumphant times are coming for the church. When Jesus returns the church will have complete dominion in the earth.

Others point to a falling away from the truth and persecution for the faithful church. Jesus returns to save us not to revel in the dominion of the church.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's a big doctrinal disagreement I've been seeing for many years in the church, a lot of prophecies flow from it.

Some say massive revivals are coming and that triumphant times are coming for the church. When Jesus returns the church will have complete dominion in the earth.

Others point to a falling away from the truth and persecution for the faithful church. Jesus returns to save us not to revel in the dominion of the church.

Yes. Very good point.

And then there are variations of the scenarios you've shared ...

Some of us see the falling away as continuing to happen, persecution to continue to increase, revival, and the return of the Lord.

(Not all 'revivalists' are dominionists. :blush:)

If a person is prophecying out of his (or her) heart ...
and not truly hearing the voice of the Spirit ...
he will be 'prophesying' what he believes ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God Bless :)
I think it is both

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. Very good point.

Hello dove. Maybe it might be an interesting discussion point for another thread another time. Will there be end times revivals, or tough times, or a mixture of both.

There are a few scriptures in the bible that have always thrown doubt in my mind on some of the end time revival prophecies I heard at AOG and FGBMFI e.g Matthew 7:13-15, 2 Timothy 3. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello dove. Maybe it might be an interesting discussion point for another thread another time. Will there be end times revivals, or tough times, or a mixture of both.

There are a few scriptures in the bible that have always thrown doubt in my mind on some of the end time revival prophecies I heard at AOG and FGBMFI e.g Matthew 7:13-15, 2 Timothy 3. God Bless :)

Oh I believe there will be a mixture of both ...

Tough times can tend to turn persons towards God ...
and that is how I see revival happening ...
when persons find themselves turning to God for help ...

Here in America, we're in for some very hard times ...
times like we have never seen in this country before.
Makes it easy for me to see many potential 'opportunities' for revival to break out ...
least, that is my hope for our country ...

Yes, it is interesting to think on these things ...
I find myself doing it often these days ...

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
B. Mistaken prophets are not false prophets. False should not be thrown around lightly, nor as a blanket statement over a group of Christians. Hence the rules against such things around here.

Yes, they are. There is no scriptural distinction between a "mistaken" prophet and a "false prophet." Scripturally, a prophet's prophesies were either true or he was a false prophet. He either hears the true word of God or he does not. If he continues to call himself a prophet but his prophesies don't happen, he is a false prophet. There is no "Aw, shucks!" category for prophets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I am very, very careful to call one a false prophet, a false prophet intentionally deceives, divides and manipulates.

If a self-proclaimed prophet's "prophesies" are consistently wrong and he continues to make consistently wrong "prophesies," then his intention is to deceive, divide, and manipulate.

At some point after many failed prophesies, an honest man would conclude, "This is not my gift" and do something different.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, they are. There is no scriptural distinction between a "mistaken" prophet and a "false prophet." Scripturally, a prophet's prophesies were either true or he was a false prophet. He either hears the true word of God or he does not. If he continues to call himself a prophet but his prophesies don't happen, he is a false prophet. There is no "Aw, shucks!" category for prophets.
Wrong on all counts. Nathan was a clear prophet of the Lord and we see he made a prophetic mistake. Jonah's prophecy did not come to pass the way he prophesied it. And there are many more examples. The "100% accuracy" interpretation of Deut 18 is wrong in a great number of ways, there is a much different standard than that. None of this takes away from God in any way.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jonah: "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me." "And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown."

Didn't happen But Jonah wasn't a false prophet because he didn't point the people away from God.

"Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5:20-21 Why would it need to be tested if it was expected to be 100% accurate. every time.

False prophets and false teachers intentionally lead people away from God.
"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." II Pet 2:1

• Agree
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If a self-proclaimed prophet's "prophesies" are consistently wrong and he continues to make consistently wrong "prophesies," then his intention is to deceive, divide, and manipulate.

At some point after many failed prophesies, an honest man would conclude, "This is not my gift" and do something different.
Or he could be a deceived man, full of pride who is foolishly claiming to be a something he is not, but still not intentionally deceiving. Actually, I just described a whole lot of people, Christians included. Such a person would need a whole lot of personal healing and sanctification... again just like a whole lot of people, Christians included.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrong on all counts. Nathan was a clear prophet of the Lord and we see he made a prophetic mistake. Jonah's prophecy did not come to pass the way he prophesied it. And there are many more examples. The "100% accuracy" interpretation of Deut 18 is wrong in a great number of ways, there is a much different standard than that. None of this takes away from God in any way.

I said: If he continues to call himself a prophet but his prophesies don't happen, he is a false prophet.

Upvote 0