Charges elevated to murder in the 2nd degree, other 3 aiding abetting.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Prosecutors leveled new criminal charges against all four Minneapolis police officers in the death of an unarmed black man who was pinned by his neck to the street during an arrest, sparking nine days of nationwide protests.

upload_2020-6-3_23-14-0.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: rjs330

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Protests work, it would seem.

Im sure it had nothing to do with individuals like me that blew up phonelines form congress to police offices, and Trump ordering a federal investgation.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok fine... I will concede that. Do the riots end now?

You'll never be whole until you take part in a good old fashioned riot... Or at least a bar fight. ;)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm honestly worried about them making the murder 2 charges stick before a jury... I think the original murder 3 would be winnable, but if they ask for too much and don't get it, it'll be worse than starting with charges that are certain, and to me that's murder 3...

I know it's not what the family wants, but I'm just not sure that's provable and I do hope they aren't ramping up charges because of public pressure only to fight an unwinnable position.

Normally I'd say that the justice system wouldn't do that, but with the riots I'm worried they aren't looking for the winnable argument, but are reaching due to public pressure.

My husband of course disagrees with me here as he thinks murder 2 is provable, but I just don't see how they can get murder 2 out of it... although I'm not sure anyone could find an unbiased jury here either, so there is that.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Protests work, it would seem.

No, they dont....

What works is letting the justice system work, which it was doing just fine without the riots. The FBI and the DOJ was involved on top of the local investigation before the riots ever started.

People were all up in arms destroying what wasn't theirs to destroy for no good reason as the justice system was reacting appropriately.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm honestly worried about them making the murder 2 charges stick before a jury... I think the original murder 3 would be winnable, but if they ask for too much and don't get it, it'll be worse than starting with charges that are certain, and to me that's murder 3...

I know it's not what the family wants, but I'm just not sure that's provable and I do hope they aren't ramping up charges because of public pressure only to fight an unwinnable position.

Normally I'd say that the justice system wouldn't do that, but with the riots I'm worried they aren't looking for the winnable argument, but are reaching due to public pressure.

My husband of course disagrees with me here as he thinks murder 2 is provable, but I just don't see how they can get murder 2 out of it... although I'm not sure anyone could find an unbiased jury here either, so there is that.

I think murder 2 is provable as defined: a killing that resulted from the intent to do serious bodily injury

I definitely believe his actions were intentionally aimed at causing as much pain, discomfort, harm, and quite possibly retribution to a bruised ego as he could muster. His face and eyes tells a story of a man teaching someone a lesson arrogantly... as in 'you shouldnt have effed with me buddy! I'll show ya... I'll show ya'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Prosecutors leveled new criminal charges against all four Minneapolis police officers in the death of an unarmed black man who was pinned by his neck to the street during an arrest, sparking nine days of nationwide protests.

THere's many more cases where Blacks were "accidentally" killed and officers let off lightly (did not face any jail time)

These cases should be reopened too.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think murder 2 is provable as defined: a killing that resulted from the intent to do serious bodily injury

I definitely believe his actions were intentionally aimed at causing as much pain, discomfort, harm, and quite possibly retribution to a bruised ego as he could muster. His face and eyes tells a story of a man teaching someone a lesson arrogantly... as in 'you shouldnt have effed with me buddy! I'll show ya... I'll show ya'.

Well and I think that's what many think, but since he was in the commission of his duties, I'm not sure that level of malice can be proven.

Your forgetting we haven't seen it all yet, there's far more evidence to be seen and we know nothing of what the police department procedures were at that department or how these cops were trained or anything else, all of which will have bearing on the case, and like any other criminal they have a right to a rigorous defense, which they will utilize and I think any lawyer worth his salt can cast serious doubt on a murder 2.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Though the trial will be politically and racially motivated, I still think the officers will get off. To get a fair trial the lawyers will request a change of venue to a smaller Minnesota county, where the jury will be more sympathetic to the cops. (Assuming there is no plea agreement). Experts will line up to support the cops too.How can it be murder if you sow confusion as to how and why the death occurred? Drugs, previous medical conditions, etc. I think it can easily be not guilty, though I am not sure if Minnesota allows jurors to choose from among lesser crimes.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
THere's many more cases where Blacks were "accidentally" killed and officers let off lightly (did not face any jail time)

These cases should be reopened too.

Again... lets not make this a race thing. There ares many more cases where individuals were "accidentally" killed, and officers get let off lightly. Wrongful convictions. Excessive sentencing an so on.

I believe we need this specific win to get the ball rolling on a systemic issue that affects america as a whole. Cops in general need training, and an overhaul to the system. One of the issue is cops calling 'citizens' 'civilians' as if cops are not civilians themselves. It is a mindset that sets them above other citizens. They also are 'just' citizens. They are not in the military where the delineation of non-combatant 'civilians' makes sense.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, they dont....

What works is letting the justice system work, which it was doing just fine without the riots. The FBI and the DOJ was involved on top of the local investigation before the riots ever started.

People were all up in arms destroying what wasn't theirs to destroy for no good reason as the justice system was reacting appropriately.

I said protests, not riots. Why do some folks always get those mixed up?

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Here is the MInnesota law:Minnesota Second-Degree Murder

Minnesota law prohibits intentional and unintentional killings under most circumstances. Those killings prohibited as second-degree murder include:

• Killing a human intentionally, but without premeditation (not thinking about or preparing for before)
  • Killing a human while committing or attempting a drive-by shooting
  • Causing someone’s death without intending the death of anyone, while committing a felony other than criminal sexual conduct (rape or sexual assault which would be first-degree murder) or a drive-by shooting
  • Causing a death unintentionally, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict great physical harm on the victim when the murderer is currently restrained by a protection order (including for domestic violence, harassment, divorce, or any similar protection order) and the victim was the protected party in that order
Which one fits? I don't think any fit well enough for conviction. I am worried they cannot get this but hey, I am not a lawyer and I am probably missing something.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,380.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Again... lets not make this a race thing. There ares many more cases where individuals were "accidentally" killed, and officers get let off lightly. Wrongful convictions. Excessive sentencing an so on.

I believe we need this specific win to get the ball rolling on a systemic issue that affects america as a whole. Cops in general need training, and an overhaul to the system. One of the issue is cops calling 'citizens' 'civilians' as if cops are not civilians themselves. It is a mindset that sets them above other citizens. They also are 'just' citizens. They are not in the military where the delineation of non-combatant 'civilians' makes sense.

I think teaching officers through the academy and through ongoing training that civilians are "those we serve" would be a good starting place. Yes cops entice the laws, protect the innocent and bring criminals to justice. But being taught that in doing so we are serving people. It's a weird concept but when giving someone a ticket is looked at like you are serving the community as a whole and helping that indidual to fulfill their obligation to also protect their fellow citizens or be a good citizen you are doing the right thing.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,380.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Here is the MInnesota law:Minnesota Second-Degree Murder

Minnesota law prohibits intentional and unintentional killings under most circumstances. Those killings prohibited as second-degree murder include:

• Killing a human intentionally, but without premeditation (not thinking about or preparing for before)
  • Causing someone’s death without intending the death of anyone, while committing a felony other than criminal sexual conduct (rape or sexual assault which would be first-degree murder) or a drive-by shooting
  • Causing a death unintentionally, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict great physical harm on the victim when the murderer is currently restrained by a protection order (including for domestic violence, harassment, divorce, or any similar protection order) and the victim was the protected party in that order
Which one fits? I don't think any fit well enough for conviction. I am worried they cannot get this but hey, I am not a lawyer and I am probably missing something.

Yeah, that's a bit concerning.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here is the Minnesota law:Minnesota Second-Degree Murder

It seems it would fall here, from what you cited for us.

upload_2020-6-4_14-59-15.png

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Let's hope so... because this country will burn to the ground if Chauvin gets acquitted. They'll see the smoke from China.

Upvote 0