California megachurch leader, grandparents charged with murder, torture in death of 11-y.o. daughter

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
California megachurch leader, grandparents charged with murder, torture in death of 11-year-old daughter

Leticia McCormack, a leader at Rock Church in San Diego, founded and led by former NFL player Miles McPherson, was booked in jail Monday on a charge of murder, three counts of torture, and three counts of willful cruelty to a child in the death of Arabella McCormack, the San Diego County Sheriff's Office reported.

On Thursday, McCormack's leadership profile had been removed from the megachurch's website.

On Aug. 30, deputies responded to a child-in-distress call at a home in Spring Valley, in the eastern part of the county, where they found Arabella, according to the news release.

The 11-year-old was rushed to a hospital, where her health declined and she died, officials reported, according to the release. Detectives said they suspected child abuse.

The girl was covered in bruises and had suffered "severe levels of malnourishment," a police spokesperson told The San Diego Union-Tribune.

During the investigation, deputies contacted the girl's father, Brian McCormack, near the family's home. According to the release, he died by suicide in their presence.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
imo, the church should have recognized that something was going on with this child.
I would never give a child up for adoption to people I didn't know well.
They were her grandparents and her father may have committed suicide. Who gave her up to them?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They were her grandparents and her father may have committed suicide. Who gave her up to them?
Arabella was initially fostered before being adopted by Brian and Leticia McCormack, officials said.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Arabella was initially fostered before being adopted by Brian and Leticia McCormack, officials said.
Seems she would have been much better off, alive and untortured, had she stayed in foster care.

Upvote 0