Dal M.

...more things in heaven and earth, Horatio...
Jan 28, 2004
Ohio
✟9,758.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Everloving said:
We can find many eggs. Heck, there are many who would say all sharks are hatched in eggs. However, there are many rule breakers. There are sharks that give birth to live young and mammals that lay eggs. Why should dinosaurs be any different????

You're right, of course - some reptiles (like rattlesnakes, for example) give live birth. But only mammals have placentas, therefore only mammals have navels.

The Behemoth is described as having a navel. Now, unless you want to claim that dinosaurs were mammals, you've got to admit that the Behemoth was not a dinosaur.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
DalM beat me to the point...

Only placental mamals have a navel.
Although there are examples of reptiles and sharks that give birth, this is a slightly misleading use of terminology, as such reptiles and sharks maintain an egg internally until quite shortly before birth, with the young drawing sustenance from a yolk, rather than directly from the mother.

Further, every specieis of bird and crocodillian, which are hypothesised as being closest to dinosaurs of any living animal, lay eggs, and all the evidence of dinosaurs that has so far been found, tend to suggest egg bearers.

This said, Dinosauria are such a hugely vast and varied order that it is quite possible that some featured some sort of live young method, and possibly this will one day be discovered. But, for the moment, all we can do is base our knowledge on what can be verified from known finds, and coherent theories based on logical assumptions. Therefore, while we can't say that no dinosaur anywhere was "live born", we can say with fair certainty, that due to comparison with birds, crocodilians, and based on our knowledge of eggs from a wide variety of dinosaur species, dinosaurs didn't have an umbillicus.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, it's possible that many people after the disspersion at Babel lived in caves. So, I guess it woul be in the high B.C.s. Anybody have an estimated time?? I know I've heard it, but school slips right out during Summer.
There was no dispersion from Babel. This is another fictional story.

Upvote 0