Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Aren't you the one making it a big deal? We have explained that the Hail Mary prayer is not a part of the Mass itself but you may have heard it recited on TV in conjunction with the Mass in some special observance. Why isn't that the answer to your original question?

No I am not making it a big deal. I really don't care what the RCC does or does not do. It has no impact on me. I was asking WHY is it a big deal...

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So they don't televise masses on EWTN? Must of been Anglican on EWTN LOL...
That's not what I said. Your inability to accurately understand a statement explains a lot.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That's not what I said. Your inability to accurately understand a statement explains a lot.

You seem a bit slow, please follow the thread. I said I saw it on EWTN...you said I didn't and it was not a catholic mass...I said it was on EWTN, a RCC TV network...you said your statement that I didn't see it on EWTN and it was not a RCC mass still stands...I said it must have been an Anglican mass on EWTN LOL

...that IS what you said...

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So they don't televise masses on EWTN? Must of been Anglican on EWTN LOL...

After Mass it is not uncommon to have a prayer request, normally for the persecuted Christians around the world, for the Pope, for vocations to the priesthood etc.

The televised service might have had this, technically not part of the Mass as it happens after Mass

I am not being pedantic, there are rules about what is and isn’t allowed at Mass

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You seem a bit slow, please follow the thread. I said I saw it on EWTN...you said I didn't and it was not a catholic mass...I said it was on EWTN, a RCC TV network...you said your statement that I didn't see it on EWTN and it was not a RCC mass still stands...I said it must have been an Anglican mass on EWTN LOL

...that IS what you said...
You're very confused. Avila Surfer absolutely did not say anything like that.

Read through the posts to date and you will find a remarkable consistency and agreement in the replies given to you--both from Catholics and other Christians--all pointing out that the recitation of the Hail Mary is not a normal part of the Mass and that what you saw on EWTN most likely was something else, possibly something that followed the conclusion of the Mass. There is nothing there that is questionable.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
After Mass it is not uncommon to have a prayer request, normally for the persecuted Christians around the world, for the Pope, for vocations to the priesthood etc.

The televised service might have had this, technically not part of the Mass as it happens after Mass

I am not being pedantic, there are rules about what is and isn’t allowed at Mass

Maybe, but from what I remember it was during the service. Maybe it was a special Marian holiday mass??

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Where did you hear that? The Mass is focuses on Jesus, not Mary. The Hail Mary may be recited during Mass a few times each year.

I saw it on EWTN. It may have been one of those few times a year...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟574,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I was attending a small parish in Texas recently that had a prayer service prior to the Mass and prayed the rosary for that. I found that prayer before Mass is a great way to calm the spirit and get oneself into the proper reverence for the Mass proper.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Im not sure why my profile says Anglican. Im from A Catholic family
1. Click on this link > Choose Category | Christian Forums 2. Click on [Open new ticket]. 4. In the title window write “Requesting faith indicator change. 5. In the main body of the opened request ticket say something to the effect of “Requesting faith indicator change from Anglican to Catholic.”

Upvote 0