Catholics, what exactly do you believe about Mary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,695.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
However.........since you reject Hebrews as the inspired Word of God, you are also rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ.
You seem to have serious reading comprehension problems. Nowhere did PeaceB reject Hebrews as the inspired word of God. He even explained why he DOES believe it is inspired.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You seem to have serious reading comprehension problems. Nowhere did PeaceB reject Hebrews as the inspired word of God. He even explained why he DOES believe it is inspired.

Comment 1422..............
"My assertion is that you cannot find a single verse in Scripture that teaches that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God"

I supplied 2 Tim. 3:16 which he rejected.

Now one of us surely has a reading comprehension problem as #1422 is certainly a negative comment which implies that he is not accepting the explanation the book.

My point is, how in the world can he or anyone question the inspiration of the Book of Hebrews and then turn around and practice so many non-Biblical and non inspired practices done by the RCC?

It just does not make any sense to me.

Some ones says........."I am going to imply that I do not accept the book of Hebrews, However I AM going to pray the Rosary which is not IN THE BIBLE and I am going to bow down to graven images which is not in the Bible.

It is just impossible to say and believe this kind of thinking. IF you are going to use the argument that Hebrews is not inspired, how could you then say that the Rosary is inspired.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
"My assertion is that you cannot find a single verse in Scripture that teaches that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God"

Now one of us surely has a reading comprehension problem as #1422 is certainly a negative comment which implies that he is not accepting the explanation the book.

My point is, how in the world can he or anyone question the inspiration of the Book of Hebrews and then turn around and practice so many non-Biblical and non inspired practices done by the RCC?

Some ones says........."I am going to imply that I do not accept the book of Hebrews, However I AM going to pray the Rosary which is not IN THE BIBLE and I am going to bow down to graven images which is not in the Bible.

It is just impossible to say and believe this kind of thinking. IF you are going to use the argument that Hebrews is not inspired, how could you then say that the Rosary is inspired.
Well this is downright comical.

I wrote "I know that the letter is the inspired word of God".

I will point out your other errors later today or tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,695.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

2 Timothy 3:16 doesn't mention the letter to the Hebrews. What it does refer to are the sacred writings that Timothy has been acquanted with from childhood. That can only be referring to the Old Testament as neither the Gospels nor the Epistles had been written when Timothy was a child.
You confirm that you have a problem reading. His comment is only negative towards your claim as the basis for Hebrews being inspired. He himself never denied its inspiration which he also confirmed in a subsequent post.

He didn't question the inspiration of Hebrews, he questioned the basis of your claim that it is inspired, something you have not answered (though you will claim you have). You accept the table of contents in the front of your bible yet it was not penned by any Apostle and it was completed centuries after the last of the Apostles died. On what basis do you believe that table of contents to be true?

• Winner
Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Devotion to whom?
To Mary. Devotion does not mean worship.
The google definition for devotion is love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person, activity, or cause.
"Eleanor's devotion to her husband"
synonyms: loyalty, faithfulness, fidelity, constancy, commitment, adherence, allegiance, dedication; fondness, love, admiration, affection, care.
None of these synonyms mean worship.

• Winner
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

That is enough flaming!!
This thread is closed for review.

Thank you to those who did discuss this without insults.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
MOD HAT

due to the massive amount of flaming this thread is permanently closed

also the OP wanted to learn what Catholics think - so to the OP - please start a thread in this forum and our Catholic members will be glad to answer all your questions:

One Bread, One Body - Catholic

God Bless you all

• Winner
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.