Catholics, what exactly do you believe about Mary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan Briggs

Jul 7, 2017
Mesa
✟17,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The rosary is a Christ-centered prayer and leads us to Christ but you have to shed your hostility and prejudice to see it.

I am sorry, PLEASE understand! That we only bring up the false doctrine because we are trying to expose to you the devils grip of false witnessing and idol worship... You have been exposed to false doctrine that blinds the heart of the truth.

False Doctrine:

The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that "Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted." She left for all Christians Fifteen Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary.
Imparted to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.

2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.

3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.

4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.

6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.

7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.

8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.

9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.

12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.

13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.

14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.

15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

~ The Most Holy Rosary ~ The 15 Promises

Please explain to us why all of this would be true...

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Speaking of man made traditions, and hypocrisy, please post the verses in the Bible that support what you believe.....................
1. The Bishops not allowed to marry.
2. The virginity of Mary after giving birth to Jesus.
3. The Rosary.
4. Bowing down to any graven image.
5. Purgatory.
Please refer back to the previous times in this thread when you asked the same questions and were provided with answers. I do not desire to spend time going back over material that has already been discussed.

The recorded historical fact is that Augustine held the Scriptures in high esteem and venerated them as an inerrant authority for the Church, and theologians and apologists have quoted him as a support for the understanding of sola Scriptura. In his famous Letter to Jerome (no. 82 ca. 405) Augustine says:

"I have learned to yield this respect and honor only to the canonical books of Scripture: of these alone do I most firmly believe that the authors were completely free from error. And if in these writings I am perplexed by anything which appears to me opposed to truth, I do not hesitate to suppose that either the manuscript is faulty, or the translator has not caught the meaning of what was said, or I myself have failed to understand it."
Augustine is of no help to you, because he did not hold to Sola Scriptura.

Did St. Augustine believe in Sola Scriptura?

"But in regard to those observances which we carefully attend and which the whole world keeps, and which derive not from Scripture but from Tradition, we are given to understand that they are recommended and ordained to be kept, either by the apostles themselves or by plenary [ecumenical] councils, the authority of which is quite vital in the Church" (Letter to Januarius (54) 1,1).

"The apostles, indeed, gave no injunctions on the point; but the custom [of infant baptism]… may be supposed to have had its origin in apostolic tradition, just as there are many things which are observed by the whole Church, and therefore are fairly held to have been enjoined by the apostles, which yet are not mentioned in their writings” (Baptism, 5,23).

http://chnetwork.org/2014/08/11/st-augustine-sola-scriptura/

Let the reader consult the rule of faith which he has gathered from the plainer passages of Scripture, and from the authority of the Church, and of which I treated at sufficient length when I was speaking in the first book about things. But if both readings, or all of them (if there are more than two), give a meaning in harmony with the faith, it remains to consult the context, both what goes before and what comes after, to see which interpretation, out of many that offer themselves, it pronounces for and permits to be dovetailed into itself. (On Christian Doctrine, 3.2)​

The only reason why YOU reject Sola Scriptura is that it does not support the false teachings of the Catholic church which has come from men and Traditions. That is the ONE and ONLY reason you reject it.
No, I reject Sola Scriptura because it is found nowhere in Scripture, and because it contradicts Scripture.

But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter.
In his disputes with Faustus the Manichean bishop, Augustine insisted on the absolute authority of the canonical Scriptures against Faustus’s claim that there were later writings of equal authority.

"The excellence of the canonical authority of the Old and New Testaments is distinct from the books of later writers. "(Against Faustus, 11.5)
I see that you have found the Coming Home Network. You are more than welcome to spend more time on the site, and come home yourself. As for Augustine, you may refer to his statements above, in which he indicates that certain beliefs that are ordained to be kept derive from Sacred Tradition, not Sacred Scripture.

Now let me ask you a question. You believe that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God. You also seem to assert that all beliefs concerning Christian doctrine should have a basis in Scripture. Can you please provide me with a chapter and a verse from the Bible that states or otherwise teaches that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God?

My assertion is that you cannot find a single verse in Scripture that teaches that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God, and that your belief that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God comes from somewhere outside of Scripture itself. If you disagree, then you should be able to provide a chapter and a verse that teaches that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God.

• Winner
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
  • Winner
Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I am sorry, PLEASE understand! That we only bring up the false doctrine because we are trying to expose to you the devils grip of false witnessing and idol worship... You have been exposed to false doctrine that blinds the heart of the truth.

False Doctrine:

The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that "Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted." She left for all Christians Fifteen Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary.
Imparted to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.

2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.

3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.

4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.

6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.

7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.

8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.

9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.

12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.

13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.

14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.

15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

~ The Most Holy Rosary ~ The 15 Promises

Please explain to us why all of this would be true...
Doesn't something need to be doctrine in order for it to be false doctrine? The 15 promises are not an official teaching of the church. Catholics are not bound to accept them.

Are the 15 Rosary Promises Reliable?

His vision of the restoration of the devotion of the Rosary is assigned to the year 1460. Alanus published nothing during his lifetime, but immediately after his death the brethren of his province were commanded to collect his writings for publication. These were edited at different times and have occasioned much controversy among scholars. His relations of the visions and sermons of St. Dominic, supposed to have been revealed to Alanus, are not to be regarded as historical.​

• Winner
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please refer back to the previous times in this thread when you asked the same questions and were provided with answers. I do not desire to spend time going back over material that has already been discussed.

"But in regard to those observances which we carefully attend and which the whole world keeps, and which derive not from Scripture but from Tradition, we are given to understand that they are recommended and ordained to be kept, either by the apostles themselves or by plenary [ecumenical] councils, the authority of which is quite vital in the Church" (Letter to Januarius (54) 1,1).

"The apostles, indeed, gave no injunctions on the point; but the custom [of infant baptism]… may be supposed to have had its origin in apostolic tradition, just as there are many things which are observed by the whole Church, and therefore are fairly held to have been enjoined by the apostles, which yet are not mentioned in their writings” (Baptism, 5,23).

Let the reader consult the rule of faith which he has gathered from the plainer passages of Scripture, and from the authority of the Church, and of which I treated at sufficient length when I was speaking in the first book about things. But if both readings, or all of them (if there are more than two), give a meaning in harmony with the faith, it remains to consult the context, both what goes before and what comes after, to see which interpretation, out of many that offer themselves, it pronounces for and permits to be dovetailed into itself. (On Christian Doctrine, 3.2)​

No, I reject Sola Scriptura because it is found nowhere in Scripture, and because it contradicts Scripture.

But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter.

I see that you have found the Coming Home Network. You are more than welcome to spend more time on the site, and come home yourself. As for Augustine, you may refer to his statements above, in which he indicates that certain beliefs that are ordained to be kept derive from Sacred Tradition, not Sacred Scripture.

Now let me ask you a question. You believe that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God. You also seem to assert that all beliefs concerning Christian doctrine should have a basis in Scripture. Can you please provide me with a chapter and a verse from the Bible that states or otherwise teaches that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God?

My assertion is that you cannot find a single verse in Scripture that teaches that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God, and that your belief that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God comes from somewhere outside of Scripture itself. If you disagree, then you should be able to provide a chapter and a verse that teaches that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God.

Not only is Hebrews the inspired Word of God, every single book in the Bible is the inspired Word of God.

Your continued questions which have been addressed simply show that you do not have the ability to comprehend the acceptable teaching from the Word of God.

Just to ask me to prove that the book of Hebrews is the inspired Word of God shows your inability to understand the simplest of Bible doctrines. I commend you on your ability to copy and paste Catholic web sites but you have drastically show your inability in Bible knowledge.

2 Timothy 3:16–17........
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

Is the book of Hebrews included in the canon of Scriptures?????

2 Peter 1:21........
“For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”

One of the most dramatic statements about the Bible’s accuracy comes from the lips of Christ Himself:
Matthew 5:18..............

“I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished”.

Here Christ referred to the smallest letter of the Hebrew alphabet—and to the smallest part of a letter that would change its meaning. Do YOU actually realize what you are doing???????????

YOU have attacked the written Word of God which means that you have also attacked the incarnate Word of God, Jesus Christ. If the Bible is in error, then Christ is in error too. The two stand or fall together because it is in the Bible that we find the story of the Incarnate Lord Jesus Christ. For this reason evangelical Christians insist that the Bible is indeed the inspired Word of God and that the authors were guided by the Spirit so that they wrote the truth without any error.

YOU do not do that. You do not accept the Word of God as His Word.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even a rank heretic such as yourself can be saved, JayW.

Is it acceptable to call others names such as "Heretic" here on this site????

Has anyone called you that?????

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

When you say ......
"No, I reject Sola Scriptura because it is found nowhere in Scripture, and because it contradicts Scripture.".

I do not accept that to be a truth statement.

You believe in Purgatory and it is not in the Scriptures.
You believe in the Rosary and it is not in the Bible.
You believe Bishops should not be married and that is not in the Bible.
You believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary and it is not in the Bible.
You believe in the Trinity and it is not in the Bible.

Again, you reject Sola Scriptura only because it doe not support YOUR non Biblical opinions.

I believe that you only accept what parts of the Scriptures you like and understand and you reject the ones you are ignorant of. That is a really dangerous and totally unacceptable hermeneutical position.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged

Oh that? That was just an observation and an opinion.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Doesn't something need to be doctrine in order for it to be false doctrine? The 15 promises are not an official teaching of the church. Catholics are not bound to accept them.

His vision of the restoration of the devotion of the Rosary is assigned to the year 1460. Alanus published nothing during his lifetime, but immediately after his death the brethren of his province were commanded to collect his writings for publication. These were edited at different times and have occasioned much controversy among scholars. His relations of the visions and sermons of St. Dominic, supposed to have been revealed to Alanus, are not to be regarded as historical.​

So again when you are confronted with a position you can not speak to you go "Political" and do not answer the question posed in comment #1421.

You are amazing. YOU reject the Book of Hebrews because it is the Word of God and then you reject the Catholic doctrine of the Rosary because you can not prove its validity from the Scriptures and sy that it is NOT Catholic doctrine.

BUT "The United States Conference of Bishops" web site says that YOU are wrong........
"The first part of the Hail Mary is the angel's words announcing Christ's birth and Elizabeth's greeting to Mary. St. Pius V officially added the second part of the Hail Mary. The Mysteries of the Rosary center on the events of Christ's life. There are four sets of Mysteries: Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious and––added by Pope John Paul II in 2002––the Luminous."

Again, from one of your own web sites, the DOCTRINE of the Rosary is confirmed
The History of the Rosary
"The Queen of Heaven, evidently seeing the time to be right, appeared with three angels to St. Dominic. Gently, our sweet Mother said to him: “Dear Dominic, do you know which weapon the Blessed Trinity wants to use to reform the world?”

“Oh, my Lady,” answered St. Dominic, “you know far better than I do because next to your Son Jesus Christ you have always been the chief instrument of our salvation.”

Then did Our Lady instruct him: “I want you to know that, in this warfare, the battering ram has always been the angelic Psalter, which is the foundation of the New Testament. Therefore if you wish to reach these hardened souls and win them over to God, preach my Psalter.”

Our Lady next explained how the Rosary6 was to be prayed, thus giving us — through St. Dominic — the Rosary as we know it today. The 150 Hail Marys were to be divided by Our Fathers into groupings of 10. As each decade was said, one of the 15 principal mysteries of the life of Jesus and Mary was to be the subject of meditation."

I eagerly await to see how you SPIN this!

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oh that? That was just an observation and an opinion.

It was not stated as either an observation or an opinion, but as a fact. You ought to be much more circumspect about presenting your personal thoughts as opposed to undeniable facts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
When you say ......
"No, I reject Sola Scriptura because it is found nowhere in Scripture, and because it contradicts Scripture.".

I do not accept that to be a truth statement.

You believe in Purgatory and it is not in the Scriptures.
You believe in the Rosary and it is not in the Bible.
You believe Bishops should not be married and that is not in the Bible.
You believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary and it is not in the Bible.
You believe in the Trinity and it is not in the Bible.

Again, you reject Sola Scriptura only because it doe not support YOUR non Biblical opinions.

I believe that you only accept what parts of the Scriptures you like and understand and you reject the ones you are ignorant of. That is a really dangerous and totally unacceptable hermeneutical position.
Catholic doctrine does not contradict the Bible. Sola Scriptura does. That is the difference. You disagree, of course.

A Christian may hold to Sacred Tradition passed down by the Church from Christ or the Apostles, because that Sacred Tradition does not contradict Scripture. One example of a belief that you hold, and which comes from Sacred Tradition, is the belief that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God, which is stated nowhere in Scripture. I hold to the same belief.

So both of us hold to Tradition that is not found in Scripture. The difference is that I admit it and you deny it. I suspect that you will not admit that you hold to Tradition because if you were to admit it, you would necessarily admit that the Church has an authority to define Christian truth passed down from Christ or the Apostles, independent of what is stated in Scripture. That would conflict with your seeming belief that the only authority over you is Scripture and any private revelations that God may make to you concerning its interpretation.

• Winner
Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Not only is Hebrews the inspired Word of God, every single book in the Bible is the inspired Word of God.

Your continued questions which have been addressed simply show that you do not have the ability to comprehend the acceptable teaching from the Word of God.

Just to ask me to prove that the book of Hebrews is the inspired Word of God shows your inability to understand the simplest of Bible doctrines. I commend you on your ability to copy and paste Catholic web sites but you have drastically show your inability in Bible knowledge.

2 Timothy 3:16–17........
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

Is the book of Hebrews included in the canon of Scriptures?????

2 Peter 1:21........
“For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”

One of the most dramatic statements about the Bible’s accuracy comes from the lips of Christ Himself:
Matthew 5:18..............

“I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished”.

Here Christ referred to the smallest letter of the Hebrew alphabet—and to the smallest part of a letter that would change its meaning. Do YOU actually realize what you are doing???????????

YOU have attacked the written Word of God which means that you have also attacked the incarnate Word of God, Jesus Christ. If the Bible is in error, then Christ is in error too. The two stand or fall together because it is in the Bible that we find the story of the Incarnate Lord Jesus Christ. For this reason evangelical Christians insist that the Bible is indeed the inspired Word of God and that the authors were guided by the Spirit so that they wrote the truth without any error.

YOU do not do that. You do not accept the Word of God as His Word.
None of those verses teach that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God. I know that the letter is the inspired word of God because Jesus created a church and vested it with the authority to declare which books are inspired and which are not. You believe in Sola Scriptura so you must show us the chapter and verse that states that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God. You have not provided one single verse that teaches that. You have only provided a verse that states that Scripture is God breathed, but you have not provided anything that states that the letter to the Hebrews is Scripture.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Catholic doctrine does not contradict the Bible. Sola Scriptura does. That is the difference. You disagree, of course.

A Christian may hold to Sacred Tradition passed down by the Church from Christ or the Apostles, because that Sacred Tradition does not contradict Scripture. One example of a belief that you hold, and which comes from Sacred Tradition, is the belief that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God, which is stated nowhere in Scripture. I hold to the same belief.

So both of us hold to Tradition that is not found in Scripture. The difference is that I admit it and you deny it. I suspect that you will not admit that you hold to Tradition because if you were to admit it, you would necessarily admit that the Church has an authority to define Christian truth passed down from Christ or the Apostles, independent of what is stated in Scripture. That would conflict with your seeming belief that the only authority over you is Scripture and any private revelations that God may make to you concerning its interpretation.

Of course I disagree. Every single Born again Protestant believer disagrees with you.

"Catholic doctrine does not contradict the Bible??????????

What Bible are you reading?????

This is the 4th time I have asked. Please list the Bible Scriptures which support....................

1. The Perpetual virginity of Mary.
2. The sinlessness of Mary.
3. The ability for Bishops to be single.
4. The ability to call a man......"Father".
5. The ability to bow down to a graven image.
6. The doctrine of purgatory.
7. The doctrine of Transubstantiation.
8. The doctrine of the Rosary.
9. Most Catholics believe that Apostle Peter was the first Pope and was not married.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
None of those verses teach that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God. I know that the letter is the inspired word of God because Jesus created a church and vested it with the authority to declare which books are inspired and which are not. You believe in Sola Scriptura so you must show us the chapter and verse that states that the letter to the Hebrews is the inspired word of God. You have not provided one single verse that teaches that. You have only provided a verse that states that Scripture is God breathed, but you have not provided anything that states that the letter to the Hebrews is Scripture.

I showed it to you, explained it to you and you reject it. That is not my problem and I do not have to prove anything to you.

If you choose NOT to believe that is your choice.

However.........since you reject Hebrews as the inspired Word of God, you are also rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ.

YOU have not posted one single Scripture that says or even suggests..............
"Pray the Rosary.
"Bow down to graven images"
"Call our leaders "FATHER".
"Allow all Bishops to be single."
"Purgatory".

You will believe those NONE Biblical false practices but you will not accept the Book of Hebrews.

Of all people to question the inspiration of Hebrews, it should not be you, a Roman Catholic.
That tells me that you are not Biblically educated but instead, you are internet savy.

If you were Biblically educated you would actually understand that of all the Books in the Bible, Hebrews does not mean to imply a works-oriented salvation, but a works-oriented confirmation.

As a Catholic, that should have been right down your line as "WORKS" is a Cathoilc teaching.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I post a verse that says......"ALL" Scripture is inspired.
What part of ALL do you not understand.?????

Now will you Post ONE single Bible Scripture that confirms the sinlessness of Mary. JUST one!!!

Upvote 0

Evan Briggs

Jul 7, 2017
Mesa
✟17,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If its not a doctrine, then please refer me to the official teaching of the Rosary..

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I post a verse that says......"ALL" Scripture is inspired.
What part of ALL do you not understand.?????

Now will you Post ONE single Bible Scripture that confirms the sinlessness of Mary. JUST one!!!

I agree; this really is basic stuff. I understand that there are some Christians who do not believe scripture is the inspired word of God, but for those who do, this really isn't a debatable point.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Don't sweat it. That's what the little triangle in the lower left corner is for. ;)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If its not a doctrine, then please refer me to the official teaching of the Rosary..
Because the Rosary is a devotion and not a doctrine, there is little mention in official teaching:

970 "Mary's function as mother of men in no way obscures or diminishes this unique mediation of Christ, but rather shows its power. But the Blessed Virgin's salutary influence on men . . . flows forth from the superabundance of the merits of Christ, rests on his mediation, depends entirely on it, and draws all its power from it."513 "No creature could ever be counted along with the Incarnate Word and Redeemer; but just as the priesthood of Christ is shared in various ways both by his ministers and the faithful, and as the one goodness of God is radiated in different ways among his creatures, so also the unique mediation of the Redeemer does not exclude but rather gives rise to a manifold cooperation which is but a sharing in this one source."514

* II. DEVOTION TO THE BLESSED VIRGIN

971 "All generations will call me blessed": "The Church's devotion to the Blessed Virgin is intrinsic to Christian worship."515 The Church rightly honors "the Blessed Virgin with special devotion. From the most ancient times the Blessed Virgin has been honored with the title of 'Mother of God,' to whose protection the faithful fly in all their dangers and needs. . . . This very special devotion . . . differs essentially from the adoration which is given to the incarnate Word and equally to the Father and the Holy Spirit, and greatly fosters this adoration."516 The liturgical feasts dedicated to the Mother of God and Marian prayer, such as the rosary, an "epitome of the whole Gospel," express this devotion to the Virgin Mary.517
CCC 970-971
There are 20 mysteries meditated on when the Rosary is recited. 18 of those are direct from scripture on the main events of the life of Christ, and 2 are based on Tradition. The "Hail Mary" prayer is like the sound track to a movie and not the focus.

Joyful Mystery of the Rosary
Monday & Saturday
  1. The Annunciation of the Lord to Mary
  2. The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth
  3. The Nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ
  4. The Presentation of our Lord
  5. Finding Jesus in the Temple at age 12
Sorrowful Mystery of the Rosary
Tuesday & Friday
  1. The Agony of Jesus in the Garden
  2. The Scourging at the Pillar
  3. Jesus is Crowned with Thorns