Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It is not "the" thing Protestants object to. There are certainly others. I can't type for other Protestants on CF, but this is my reason: Jesus is in heaven, not on Earth. The wine and bread are on Earth. So how can the blood and body of Jesus actually be in the wine and bread, respectively? It does not make sense.

Of course I know Jesus said, "This is my blood" and, "This is my body." So I am not saying it is bad to believe what is scientifically impossible. Just not my thing.

How can Jesus be everywhere at once? Easy, because when 2 or more are gathered in His name, there is Jesus also.

I believe the words of Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How can Jesus be everywhere at once? When 2 or more are gathered in His name, there is Jesus also.

That statement about him being present whenever 2 or 3 are gathered implies that he CAN be in many places at once, not that he cannot.

Or do you think that any 2 people who intend to come together in Christ's name have to take turns with every other such gathering across the globe so that there are not more than one at a time?
:scratch:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That statement about him being present whenever 2 or 3 are gathered implies that he :doh: be in many places at once, not that he cannot.

Exactly! So, why cant His Body and Blood be present in the Eucharist.

That was the point of my statement

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How can Jesus be everywhere at once? When 2 or more are gathered in His name, there is Jesus also.

Ther Holy Spirit is everywhere at once. Jesus is "at the right hand of God" in heaven.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This is why I started my own thread in OBOB: to make it easier for people to just ask questions without a running argument about who is right or wrong. Good thing Colors found it for me.

Anyway, I have read some people believe hte wine itself is Jesus' blood and others believe He is present - not necessarily the wine, but where you are. Same for the bread and Jesus' body. What is the difference? Do all Catholics agree on this one?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

He lives inside the believer through His Holy Spirit, at all times.
Blessings

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Isn't the point of this that Jesus can be present in the Lord's Supper although not his literal, physical, body?

In that case Communion is no different from any other time two Christians are united in His Name (in terms of Jesus being present).

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is why I started my own thread in OBOB: to make it easier for people to just ask questions without a running argument about who is right or wrong. Good thing Colors found it for me.
Yes, but you are only going to get one answer out of the half-dozen or so different views about Communion that are common among the various denominations.

Anyway, I have read some people believe hte wine itself is Jesus' blood and others believe He is present - not necessarily the wine, but where you are. Same for the bread and Jesus' body. What is the difference? Do all Catholics agree on this one?

The Catholic doctrine is that the bread and wine change over into real flesh and blood. (About 1/3 of American Catholics actually believe it, according to a recent study, although it is the official belief of their church)

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In that case Communion is no different from any other time two Christians are united in His Name.

Many desciples walked away from Jesus when He told them they had to eat His body and drink His blood.

He didnt shout after them saying it wasnt to be taken literally.

He told the Apostles at the last supper to do this in memory of Me. Very strong instructions that some cannot take in.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In that case Communion is no different from any other time two Christians are united in His Name (in terms of Jesus being present).
Certainly not. It was made by Christ to be a special observance. All that what we have been discussing means is that whatever happens on the altar can be happening on all altars around the world regardless of the time frame.

• Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Many desciples walked away from Jesus when He told them they had to eat His body and drink His blood.

He didnt shout after them saying it wasnt to be taken literally.
When he said that, the sacrament had not even been instituted yet, so it is no wonder that the Jews didn't understand his meaning (which seems likely NOT to have been about Communion).

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
When he said that, the sacrament had not even been instituted yet, so it is no wonder that the Jews didn't understand his meaning.

They knew what He was saying. They didnt like it. Jesus didnt correct them. He didnt tell them they understood it wrongly.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
They knew what He was saying. They didn't like it. Jesus didn't correct them. He didn't tell them they understood it wrongly.

If the apostles knew what Jesus said, how could they not understand it correctly?

Upvote 0