Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just had spring break, and I had 4 real days off, two Saturdays, and two Sundays. I worked Mon-Fri, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do much schoolwork.
I actually asked for an extension for an assignment, but never really got to finishing it.
I guess I've been depressed this whole time. Tired, lacking motivation, feeling out of it.
What should I do?
I actually feel pretty embarrassed about this. I'm behind like 6 homework assignments in Calculus.

• Prayers
Reactions: PKFox

godenver1

Christian
Jul 12, 2015
✟29,119.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
If you genuinely have depression you should bring it up to a school counselor within the private confines they offer. It could be having a direct and negative impact on your school work, as well as your life.

In regards to work, are you happy with the balance you have now? I think you shouldn't be working more than part-time or casual as a college student if possible, and personally I wouldn't have increased my work over the vacation break. I would use it to recuperate. Do you have enough time to do your work and develop your social/personal life? We all can feel bogged down with assignment, but I think you need to address the depression if it is present in your life. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you genuinely have depression you should bring it up to a school counselor within the private confines they offer. It could be having a direct and negative impact on your school work, as well as your life.

In regards to work, are you happy with the balance you have now? I think you shouldn't be working more than part-time or casual as a college student if possible, and personally I wouldn't have increased my work over the vacation break. I would use it to recuperate. Do you have enough time to do your work and develop your social/personal life? We all can feel bogged down with assignment, but I think you need to address the depression if it is present in your life. Good luck!
I think I really do have depression. I looked over an article and I have most of the signs of it. I also pretty much have zero friends, but I do have two parents and two siblings I see daily. I remember I dropped out of a class last year, and I thought I was just lazy but I think I've had a serious problem this whole time. Maybe I will talk to a counselor, but I don't know.
As for work, I'm really not happy with work. I feel like 8 hrs a day really doesn't give me as much time for school as I'd like. I've really just been operating at a minimum level to get by, waking up late all the time, and trying to finish everything towards the end of a deadline, out of fear of embarrassment, because I don't want to come to class, and have nothing to show. I really can't take less hours at work though, it's more of a necessity for me to work, but I wish I didn't do material handling, that's probably what's draining me even more.

Upvote 0