Cat Club! (for owners with cats only)

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Yedida! So good to hear from you, my friend! I'm so sorry to hear that you lost so many. When I lose one, I hold my breath for a while waiting to see if anyone else goes active from the stress of the loss. They all feel the loss of one of their friends acutely. Shy suffered with chronic ear infections. His last bout with one stressed him too much. He went so fast so he pretty much looked just as he does in the picture on the day he died.
Maine Coons are cool. I like Abyssians too and Burmese. Oh well, I just love em all!

I'll bet it is hard for the cats and you, too. Cats are not pack animals and are fine being the only pet in the house, but they are also extreme creatures of habit. So, it they are in the habit of having this cat or that one around, they do feel the emptiness and can get very stressed.
I'm not sure I could do what you're doing, making a loving home for sick cats, but I'm sure God gives you the fortitude for it. God bless you in your endeavors!!

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, Yedida! It gets tough sometimes.
Here's a pic of my Smokey. He's as close to a Maine Coon as I have!

Attachments

• Smokey.jpg
    Smokey.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0

dia_liom

Senior Contributor
Jan 30, 2005
Kansas
✟20,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
@Nienna I'm so sorry for your loss of Oreo. :(

<sigh> We have 9 now. When Karen & I met, I had 2, she had 1. I've lost both of those (cancer; old age) and one (cancer) that came after. Since then things have gotten out of control. The last two came within the last year.

One, a feral, her mom was feeding before she passed away last Jan. Hope is living in our basement, hiding most of the time, and is the daughter of one of ours, mom of another, and aunt of a 3rd.

The other one, 'Joy', just showed up a couple months ago. She'd been running off whenever I opened the door, so I thought she was another feral. But one day she came up to us, wanted loving, and is now very much 'my' kitty. She sleeps on my side of the bed almost constantly.

So we have 'Angel', 'Binky', 'Clawdia', 'Emily', 'Ferguson', 'George', 'Gracie', 'Hope', and 'Joy'. NO MORE CATS- our house is too small!

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you, Yedida! It gets tough sometimes.
Here's a pic of my Smokey. He's as close to a Maine Coon as I have!
how beautiful!!:hug:

came home to my 7 month old kitten in my tree...literally sleeping. it's fake but still lol.....^_^

Upvote 0

DesignMinded

Dec 17, 2011
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good evening to everyone. I thought I'd pipe in here because I have a pair of cats who own me! I'd not want to say I'm their "owner" although I am technically, but they actually owned me and my husband because they are the ones who chose to love us like that. =o) They're Tortie cats with most fab personalities I ever experienced in my entire life. No cat is alike!

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Your Smokey looks like the Smokey my parents have! He is so cute. Is he cuddly?

The Smokey here is such a big baby. He has the cutest little cry too. You wouldn't expect it to come from him.

My Smokey talks....ALOT!! Not a nice sweet meow, mind you. Oh no, Smokey is a regular "yowler"!
You can have a whole conversation with him.
He's cuddly to the point of crawling in your lap at the dinner table thinking he's Mr. Sneaky. A wee paw reaches from under the table to try to pull something off my plate. Only one other cat of mine rivals Smokey's food cravings and that would be my Wympee. We named him that because he can toast a whole hamburger patty in very few mouthfuls much like Wympee from the Popeye cartoon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I haven't been able to figure out how to actually put photos into a post. Numerous folks have tried to help me do it but it never works out. But my computer doesn't do a lot of things it's supposed to do.
I'm gonna try to send a link to show some of my lovely babies:
http://www.christianforums.com/users/270239-albums4354/
It's really just a link to my kitty albums. I hope it works. I'm a very proud mama and grandmama of some wonderful beauties!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
yedida said:
I haven't been able to figure out how to actually put photos into a post. Numerous folks have tried to help me do it but it never works out. But my computer doesn't do a lot of things it's supposed to do.
I'm gonna try to send a link to show some of my lovely babies:
http://www.christianforums.com/users/270239-albums4354/
It's really just a link to my kitty albums. I hope it works. I'm a very proud mama and grandmama of some wonderful beauties!!

Lovely babies, almost ready for forever homes!
Do you also show?

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wish I could, but cannot afford and mine are not usually show quality, just wonderful pet and breed quality. I just have one king and queen, so only 1 litter a year. Next litter will be Anna Chanel's last, so I will be looking into getting another queen, spaying her and just letting her be a beloved pet (which she already is).
They have already found and gone to their forever homes. One is making the trip with us to Oh and then on to Wis a week later. The new parents have all already sent settling in shots and they look sooooo happy and content. Makes a granmana's heart smile.

Upvote 0