Carrying lethal weapons for self-defense

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most people that are against guns change their mind when something terrible happens to them. Like I remember a couple at a church who was VERY much opposed to guns. Said they did more harm then good. Said its why you call the police. Well they ended up having two guys break in. One went into the daughters room and attempted to have sex with her. Long story short the daughter was shot and the dad was shot. Daughter almost died. Dad was fine.

They went out not long after and bought a pistol and a rifle. As they say "Easy to talk about things when not walking in someone elses shoes!"

Reactions: roamer_1
Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They went out not long after and bought a pistol and a rifle. As they say "Easy to talk about things when not walking in someone elses shoes!"

There ya go.
Rely upon ANYONE but yourself when it comes to SELF-defense, and you will always come up wanting. Folks don't realize it until they're facing it themselves... Which is why there is such a disparate opinion between country folks and city folks:

City folks maintain the illusion that someone is going to save them... That the police will come and all will be well. Neighbors will figure the same. All nice and tidy... even if it isn't true. The herd mentality reigns, and it's never going to happen to YOU.

Country folks aren't that way. We can't afford that illusion. The cops WON'T get here in time to do anything but write a report and scrape up whatever is left. If you don't fix it, it ain't fixed. And the same goes for neighbors...

I let off with my sawed-off to dispatch a coon last fall, and both my neighbors called immediately to make sure all was alright, and one of them was on his cellphone, walking around the side of his house with a .45 in his hand... Had I been in trouble, my neighbors would have jumped right in, even as I would for them.

All y'all are blinded, that would disagree.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There ya go.
Rely upon ANYONE but yourself when it comes to SELF-defense, and you will always come up wanting. Folks don't realize it until they're facing it themselves... Which is why there is such a disparate opinion between country folks and city folks:

City folks maintain the illusion that someone is going to save them... That the police will come and all will be well. Neighbors will figure the same. All nice and tidy... even if it isn't true. The herd mentality reigns, and it's never going to happen to YOU.

Country folks aren't that way. We can't afford that illusion. The cops WON'T get here in time to do anything but write a report and scrape up whatever is left. If you don't fix it, it ain't fixed. And the same goes for neighbors...

I let off with my sawed-off to dispatch a coon last fall, and both my neighbors called immediately to make sure all was alright, and one of them was on his cellphone, walking around the side of his house with a .45 in his hand... Had I been in trouble, my neighbors would have jumped right in, even as I would for them.

All y'all are blinded, that would disagree.
Totally agree. I live in the suburbs but love the country and have been there alot. Getting anything from police to fire trucks to an ambulance is a long wait. They all have guns, medical kits, fire extinguishers and so on. Even in the suburbs when I have called the police it takes about 1-2 minutes. Though our city is smaller then the other ones around us. Still 1-2 minutes could be the matter between being shot or not.

I am buying a gun because I am married and very protective. At least in america, well depending on where you live you can shoot a robber and not get in trouble. Though one city near the west coast I read you cannot shoot them unless they attack you. Such a dumb law. So you can watch them rob your house but you can't shoot them until they choose to attack. I'd shoot them anyways.

Also while aiming for a arm or leg to stop them (somewhat) is hard with a pistol, its why you get a shotgun with a good spread pattern. They won't be going anywhere with a legshot.

Reactions: roamer_1
Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Totally agree. I live in the suburbs but love the country and have been there alot. Getting anything from police to fire trucks to an ambulance is a long wait. They all have guns, medical kits, fire extinguishers and so on. Even in the suburbs when I have called the police it takes about 1-2 minutes. Though our city is smaller then the other ones around us. Still 1-2 minutes could be the matter between being shot or not.

I am VERY glad it's rubbing off on you. The time WILL come that your preparations serve you well - even if it is nothing more than being prepared by having a fully stocked pantry or a go-bag in your truck. It is a mentality toward independent individual response, and having the options to meet a critical condition - Guns are just a part of that.

I am buying a gun because I am married and very protective. At least in america, well depending on where you live you can shoot a robber and not get in trouble.

Great. Train for it. Go hunting (provision for the family, and fun), become acclimatized. The only thing suburban folks do wrong in that regard is not having that gun be a natural extension of yourself - normally because they don't use it much.

Best thing to prevent criminals is a big ol redneck man in the house. They leave sign around the place that cause a criminal type to pass it by (like a lifted pickup with a NRA sticker in the window sitting in the driveway).
Second best is a big ol redneck dog (where there's one, there's usually the other).

Those two things mean fight, and criminals will go where their options are better.

Also while aiming for a arm or leg to stop them (somewhat) is hard with a pistol, its why you get a shotgun with a good spread pattern. They won't be going anywhere with a legshot.

Sorry, not true. You shoot someone with a sawed off (figuring buckshot), they are likely dead. A full shotgun, even more so, as the shot is more concentrated... That'll blow half a leg off.

But as I said before, if you have that gun out and pointed, Kill it. Twice.
Otherwise, you shouldn't have it out at all. You do not have time to decide.
Center mass, double-tap.

Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟20,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Many feel like if they are in a public place and someone tries to rob a store or something that it is THEIR DUTY to pull out a gun and start shooting."

It's different in real life. That's not Battlefield 3. People freeze. When your life is on the line, things are always different. The only people that could do something in a bad situation, are the people that are keeping quiet, like myself.

"Personally I think that we do not have the right to execute others with our own hands."

Psalm 82:3
Provide justice for the needy and the fatherless; uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute.

Isaiah 1:17
Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause.

Exodus 22:2
If a thief is caught in the act of breaking into a house and is struck and killed in the process, the person who killed the thief is not guilty of murder.

Upvote 0