Caribbean Island is On Track to Become The World’s First ‘Hurricane-Proof’ Country

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When a category 5 hurricane makes landfall, few things borne of our civilization can resist the power of the winds and surging, violent waves.

Yet the tiny nation of Dominica—which is even smaller than its neighbor Dominican Republic—is on course to hurricane-proof its country after being devastated by Hurricane Maria.

The cat. 5 that struck the island two years ago, destroyed 226% of the country’s GDP and 90% of the structures.

Continued below.
Caribbean Island is On Track to Become The World’s First ‘Hurricane-Proof’ Country

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet the tiny nation of Dominica—which is even smaller than its neighbor Dominican Republic—is on course to hurricane-proof its country after being devastated by Hurricane Maria.

Reading the article, though, they're not "on track" at all. It's merely a wish. They haven't even established sensible building codes yet.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems they have a specific goal in mind are working to make that goal a reality from what I got from it.

They have a specific goal in mind, yes.

They don't seem to have taken any concrete steps apart from asking the UN for money.

And it's a tough job. Here in Australia, hurricanes (we call them cyclones) are also a problem. We've made good progress on building codes, but we're very far from "cyclone-proof."

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They have a specific goal in mind, yes.

They don't seem to have taken any concrete steps apart from asking the UN for money.

And it's a tough job. Here in Australia, hurricanes (we call them cyclones) are also a problem. We've made good progress on building codes, but we're very far from "cyclone-proof."
Well let’s hope we can get this issue solved and get the interest and assistance to get it solved. Off the wall question, can I post a video from my phone here? I have not figured it out. I got a swarm of some type of moths coming out of my poplar tree I’m curious about.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Off the wall question, can I post a video from my phone here? I have not figured it out.

You might be able to do it with the "upload file" button.

Alternatively, you can set up a YouTube account, upload to YouTube, and paste the link.

• Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might be able to do it with the "upload file" button.

Alternatively, you can set up a YouTube account, upload to YouTube, and paste the link.
Thanks! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

TexFire316

Come as a child, with no agenda
Jan 31, 2017
Conroe, Texas
Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When a category 5 hurricane makes landfall, few things borne of our civilization can resist the power of the winds and surging, violent waves.

The cat. 5 that struck the island two years ago, destroyed 226% of the country’s GDP and 90% of the structures.
Nice. But I hope they remember that the Creator controls the storm.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums