Career Women - So far from what God intended

theniceiceman

May 8, 2015
✟15,762.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a woman who has never met a man I want to marry. Not only that, but I'm terrified by the prospect of being pregnant and having children. And even if I weren't, there's a high probability that I'm not even capable of *having* children. I have several health issues that make it hard for me to do household work, so even if I were to get married at some point, I would need my husband to help me with a lot of the chores. So what you're saying is that God wants women to get married to a man they don't love, bear his children even when they don't want to/have no maternal instinct, and then do the housework even if they're unable to? God could change all of these circumstances, of course, and He could heal me, but if He doesn't, then am I expected to go out and marry some random man and try to have their children? Or should I go out and have sex outside of marriage? Come on, now.

Some people aren't made to get married. Paul wasn't. Some women and some men aren't. Nuns don't get married or have children. Nor do priests. Some couples try for years and never have kids. Some people have kids even when they don't want them. I really don't think, in my own personal opinion, that God is so rigid, legalistic, and nit-picking that He expects every woman to do exactly the same thing. He's far more creative than that. He gave us different personalities and different inner desires for a reason. He focuses on our hearts. Myself, I connect with older men and women--they're the people I want to minister to. Stick me in a room of children (even my own, if I had them) and I would be uncomfortable and shut down. I don't think God cookie-cutters us.

Last edited:
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta said:
He could find some work. It may not be the work he wants, but he can find work, most likely. Wives shouldn't have "white collar jobs", since they should be taking care of the children and home.

We are going to assume that we don't know the family structure
and that there are no kids, she lives in an apartment, and enjoys
working out and helping others, just like like scripture says she does.

13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

c5d8d6f5c84af12b29f43ad43f186523.jpg

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some people aren't made to get married. Paul wasn't.
Actually, he almost definitely WAS married. He was discipled by Gamaliel the Great - the head of the Pharisee school Beit Hillel. (Gamaliel was Hillel's grandson) Enrollment in that school required one to be married. Either his wife died in childbirth (not uncommon) or she left him when he became a "Jesus freak."

Upvote 0

theniceiceman

May 8, 2015
✟15,762.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, he almost definitely WAS married. He was discipled by Gamaliel the Great - the head of the Pharisee school Beit Hillel. (Gamaliel was Hillel's grandson) Enrollment in that school required one to be married. Either his wife died in childbirth (not uncommon) or she left him when he became a "Jesus freak."

Thanks for the history lesson! I'm always open to learning :) In any case, Paul said that it was good for people to remain signal, unless they 'couldn't exercise self-control'. As we aren't meant to have sex outside of marriage, unmarried women aren't meant to have children. So are we meant to marry men we don't actually want to be with just to have children? Seems like a strange idea.

Reactions: chandraclaws
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So are we meant to marry men we don't actually want to be with just to have children? Seems like a strange idea.
There are many things in how we chose a spouse today that would seem VERY strange to first century Christians.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship

I didn't know that. I would say from his writings it may have been the the latter.

Upvote 0

Gwen-is-new!

The Lord is my rock!
Feb 25, 2016
United States
✟35,241.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Womens Page/career_women.htm

by David J. Stewart

1st Timothy 6:10, “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”

godless_career_woman.jpg
I mean no unkindness to anyone, sincerely. I know there are many hardworking women who have applied themselves to become successful in a career.

However, the Bible says what it says. God hasn't changed. God's Word hasn't changed. The world has certainly changed in many ways over the past 2,000 years, but God is still the same (Malachi 3:6). God desires for women to be mothers, and care for the home.

1st Timothy 5:14 tells us what God's will is concerning younger women... “I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. For some are already turned aside after Satan.” Here we notice 4-things:

1. Get married
  2. Bear children
  3. Guide the house
  4. Stay out of trouble
That's it. That's what God wants for young women. 1st Timothy 5:15 tells us that women who fail to obey these divine priorities have turned aside after Satan.

It is tragic that being a homemaker has become so despised nowadays, which is frowned down upon by career-minded women. Feminism has engineered women in America. A stay-at-home-mom is often viewed by career women as being a slave, a victim and having no life. The problem is that American society has deteriorated to the point where motherhood is no longer considered an honor and privilege. Many feminists view children as a nuisance, a hindrance to personal success; thus, many blinded women have chosen not to get married, not to bear children and not to guide the house. It is evil.

*Staff edit* <article snip> Please continue reading the rest of the content in the above article link.

HE IS AN AWESOME GOD!! His plan for me is so loving, perfect, peaceful, and sweet.. probably because He is PERFECT LOVE :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gwen-is-new!

The Lord is my rock!
Feb 25, 2016
United States
✟35,241.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures are to be used to perfect yourself first, and then to judge others once perfection is achieved.
Do I have to go find you pictures of a natural born woman with male parts to make my point

about the hazards of telling others how to live?

I simply ask you to examine the Scriptures,

4 "Or how can you say to (Bruce Jenner) , 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?

10 Straightening up, Jesus said to her, “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?”
11She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you, either. Now Go.. and apply them to your own personal life.

Did you not see the OP "I mean no unkindness to anyone, sincerely"..

Upvote 0

Gwen-is-new!

The Lord is my rock!
Feb 25, 2016
United States
✟35,241.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hey now I work part time and just finished college. I am the first to do so in my family and its a very happy occasion for us.
I am not evil for trying to work hard in life and neither is anyone else. I have goals and want the best for my kids.

The Prov 31 woman worked, and God does want us to use the gifts and abilities He gave us.. that is being a good stewart and demonstrates gratitude to Him for what He has equipped you to do.. YOU GO GIRL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gwen-is-new!

The Lord is my rock!
Feb 25, 2016
United States
✟35,241.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I can't force her not to work if she wanted to. However, I could make my preferences known. However, I don't have to do that because we're in agreement that it's best for her to stay home with the kids at this time.
PRAISES... you and wife are on the same spiritual path.. equally yoked with HIM at the center!

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship

by David J. Stewart

1st Timothy 6:10, “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”

godless_career_woman.jpg
I mean no unkindness to anyone, sincerely. I know there are many hardworking women who have applied themselves to become successful in a career.

However, the Bible says what it says. God hasn't changed. God's Word hasn't changed. The world has certainly changed in many ways over the past 2,000 years, but God is still the same (Malachi 3:6). God desires for women to be mothers, and care for the home.

1st Timothy 5:14 tells us what God's will is concerning younger women... “I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. For some are already turned aside after Satan.” Here we notice 4-things:

1. Get married
  2. Bear children
  3. Guide the house
  4. Stay out of trouble
That's it. That's what God wants for young women. 1st Timothy 5:15 tells us that women who fail to obey these divine priorities have turned aside after Satan.

It is tragic that being a homemaker has become so despised nowadays, which is frowned down upon by career-minded women. Feminism has engineered women in America. A stay-at-home-mom is often viewed by career women as being a slave, a victim and having no life. The problem is that American society has deteriorated to the point where motherhood is no longer considered an honor and privilege. Many feminists view children as a nuisance, a hindrance to personal success; thus, many blinded women have chosen not to get married, not to bear children and not to guide the house. It is evil.

*Staff edit* <article snip> Please continue reading the rest of the content in the above article link.

I was going to break down every argument point-by-point, but then I realized I didn't need to because the entire article is a false dichotomy. It is assuming that women cannot be fully devoted to their careers and, as the article puts it, guide the house, though it does bring up this does happen, but it implies it's actually rare, when in fact, it's actually the other way around in reality.

It does being up a fair point, I think, about urbanization and cost-of-living. I tried to find a post I made about this, but couldn't. One of the points that I made was this: many families today cannot afford to be single-income anymore due to how much the cost of living as risen, regardless of inflation. The fact of the matter is that I don't really know a single parent, mom or dad, who would rather be at work than at home with their children. It's definitely a problem with either the mom or dad, would actually rather be at work than at home, I don't mean "My kids are driving me crazy!", I mean they actually are idolizing work.

Upvote 0

Gwen-is-new!

The Lord is my rock!
Feb 25, 2016
United States
✟35,241.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What about women who physically can't bear children? What about disabled women who can't fulfill "wifely duties"? Should they be punished for the way God designed them? Will they end up in hell because God just likes putting people there for fun? Doesn't make sense to me.

I am also wondering if you would think the same if you were a woman and know you're just a human as well... I honestly doubt it. But it's so easy to talk about suppressing people who ARENT like you, amIright? ;)

Punished? Did the OP say women go to hell who don't have children? Please xref that if you can.. missed it

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟176,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

by David J. Stewart

godless_career_woman.jpg

1. Get married
  2. Bear children
  3. Guide the house
  4. Stay out of trouble

Bwahaha! Oh, get out of Dodge! Simply based on the link you initially posted, I don't think you're serious at all. Let me fill you in on some reality. Most women throughout the ages have worked and worked hard. Most families have never had the wealth available so their women folk can lead lives of leisure and be ladies that lunch. My great grandmothers all worked- because everyone works on a farm. My grandmothers both had to work because, when your husband is a minister and doesn't make much, you have to take jobs like being a sales clerk in a department store to make ends meet. When you have three children and a husband that is a pipe fitter, you've got to help make ends meet and do things like work in the factory you started working at during the war. Or, if you're like my mother, your parents tell you that you're going to go to college so that you will have the skills to work if you can and want to do so. In fact, had my mother not worked, she wouldn't have met my father, as they started out as co-workers. My parents always worked. Their schedules were awesome, so my sister and I always had them around, and we were fortunate enough to take great family vacations, et cetera.

Today's first world isn't about having to fight to survive anymore. Do you honestly think women in third world nations don't work? They work harder than you ever will, OP. Your little fifties inspired Mad Men house wife fantasy isn't reality.

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Not another one!
Ok...so I should have stayed at home, letting my parents support me until I finally married in my mid-30's, right? I shouldn't have wasted my time with college and grad school, right? I shouldn't have started my own business, right? I shouldn't have been supervising men, right? I'm doomed because I was never able to have children, right?

<staff edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,126,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
<staff edit>
Verses from Proverbs 31
Pro 31:13 She hath sought wool and flax, And with delight she worketh with her hands.
Pro 31:14 She hath been as ships of the merchant, From afar she bringeth in her bread.
(she manufactures and sells products to ship abroad)
Pro 31:16 She hath considered a field, and taketh it, From the fruit of her hands she hath planted a vineyard.
Pro 31:17 She hath girded with might her loins, And doth strengthen her arms.
Pro 31:18 She hath perceived when her merchandise is good, Her lamp is not extinguished in the night.
(She sells the product from the vineyards that she planted herself)
Pro 31:24 Linen garments she hath made, and selleth, And a girdle she hath given to the merchant.
(again she manufactures and sells to the merchants)

She sure sounds like she has a career to me. The Lord honors her, as does her husband and children.

Reactions: Gwen-is-new!
Upvote 0

Gwen-is-new!

The Lord is my rock!
Feb 25, 2016
United States
✟35,241.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Not another one!
Ok...so I should have stayed at home, letting my parents support me until I finally married in my mid-30's, right? I shouldn't have wasted my time with college and grad school, right? I shouldn't have started my own business, right? I shouldn't have been supervising men, right? I'm doomed because I was never able to have children, right?

Oh good grief...I thought these dinosaurs died out...guess I didn't realize that there were men who's egos were so fragile that they can't handle an intelligent woman who chooses to make her own way in the world.
Did the article say women were doomed who didn't have children? Did it say NOT to use your God-given abilities? Please quote that part..

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
<staff edit> I am a woman whose life and career could be effected by the voting habits and hiring practices of people like the OP. I care very much about what he said.

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Prov 31 woman worked, and God does want us to use the gifts and abilities He gave us.. that is being a good stewart and demonstrates gratitude to Him for what He has equipped you to do.. YOU GO GIRL
Thank you!

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
From the link posted by the OP
"The idea of a woman having a career came from the ungodly, heathen world and not from the Scriptures. God never intended for women to be executives, cops, helicopter pilots, lawyers, realtors, soldiers, pastors, et cetera. Modern apostate society treats women just like men. As a consequence, women now act like men. The Bible teaches that these women have TURNED ASIDE AFTER SATAN (1st Timothy 5:15). Don't get mad at me, get mad at God, because He said it. They are not fulfilling God's purpose for their life. It doesn't matter if they're doing something noble, it's not what God intended for them to do with their life. God intended for young women to marry, bear children, guide the house and stay out of trouble. America is going to Hell because of a lack of godly women. Instead of pursuing motherhood and being a submissive wife, young women instead want to put on the pants and do a man's job, earn man's salary and BE A MAN! The masculinity of career women prove my point largely."

Looks like we'd have a shortage of teachers, nurses, doctors, engineers, bus drivers, social workers, and more if all women stayed home.

What's with this "masculinity" of career women? Women who work in the construction fields wear the prescribed PPE...hard hats, vests, boots. I've worn those many times going out into the field...and NOBODY in their right minds would mistake me for a man...

This dweeb sounds like he has felt threatened by professional women who are smarter, better educated and more successful than he is...boo-hoo...guess he should have gone into a more lucrative field.

Upvote 0