Career Women - So far from what God intended

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,256,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
It means we all will be judged negatively for allowing extinction to happen.
Revelation judgement is not just about individuals, but all mankind and nations and ethnos (ethnic people groups).
But how can that which is extinct be judged?

-

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But how can that which is extinct be judged?-
Resurrection. That is how.

Rev 20.4-5 And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. .... This is the first resurrection.

Rev 20.11-13 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,256,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Resurrection. That is how.

Rev 20.4-5 And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. .... This is the first resurrection.

Rev 20.11-13 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.
Extinction is meaningless in the face of resurrection. The latter just proves extinction never really was.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,495,703.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well that's part of it, isn't it. Once they started edumacating the wimmin, it was downhill all the way.

Interestingly, Theodore Roosevelt wrote an essay as a college senior that working women should retain their maiden names and keep all their own earned income. I think it all started to go downhill from there.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,495,703.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes she does. Proverbs 31:10-31 quite clearly shows the woman buying fields, planting, and that has employees. While her husband sits around talking, btw.

I suspect the Proverb 31 wife's children were adults.

I think I've already mentioned Lydia of Philippi in Acts. Lydia may have been a widow, but she was definitely unmarried and not only owned her own home and business, but it was an extremely high-end business, catering only to high-level Roman politicians. Being permitted to "shop at Lydia's" would have been a perk of high imperial prestige.

Upvote 0