Cardinal's plea: Don't read 'The Da Vinci Code'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
I've said this in threads in other forums, and I'll say it here: if people knew how lousy the book was, that'd solve the problem right off ^_^

Seriously, the writing is terrible. The puzzles are easy and the characters are two-dimensional. The scenes where the main character is giving "lessons" (in his college class and in prison, iirc) were just ridiculous - has Dan Brown ever been in a college discussion? Who the heck is amazed unto agapeness by the fibinacci sequence? Bad theology, fine, but the reason the book is so offensive to me is the bad writing.

Upvote 0

Poohbear246

Feb 17, 2005
✟1,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Milla said:
Seriously, the writing is terrible. The puzzles are easy and the characters are two-dimensional. The scenes where the main character is giving "lessons" (in his college class and in prison, iirc) were just ridiculous - has Dan Brown ever been in a college discussion? Who the heck is amazed unto agapeness by the fibinacci sequence? Bad theology, fine, but the reason the book is so offensive to me is the bad writing.

ROTFL!!!!! I love it!!! You've exactly hit the mark -- I had totally forgotten about that part. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.