Cardinal Burke is Friends with Steve Bannon, Who Once Cited Satan as a Role Model

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
“Darkness is good,” [Steve Bannon] told the Reporter. “Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That’s power. It only helps us when they get it wrong. When they’re blind to who we are and what we’re doing.” The “they” is, of course, anyone who doubted Bannon and Trump, but more importantly: one of the president-elect’s most trusted advisors praised Darth Vader and Satan as role models.

Source: Trump Sidekick Steve Bannon Praises Darth Vader, Satan As Role Models

When Stephen K. Bannon was still heading Breitbart News, he went to the Vatican to cover the canonization of John Paul II and make some friends. High on his list of people to meet was an archconservative American cardinal, Raymond Burke, who had openly clashed with Pope Francis. In one of the cardinal’s antechambers, amid religious statues and book-lined walls, Cardinal Burke and Mr. Bannon — who is now President Trump’s anti-establishment eminence — bonded over their shared worldview.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/world/europe/vatican-steve-bannon-pope-francis.html

• Haha
Reactions: Michie

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Steve Bannon is a Satanist?

He has openly said that he views Satan, Darth Vader, and Dick Cheney as role models. I don't think he actually practices Satanism as a religion, but what he's actually said is already bad enough. I don't want that guy anywhere near political or religious levers of power.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
He has openly said that he views Satan, Darth Vader, and Dick Cheney as role models. I don't think he actually practices Satanism as a religion, but what he's actually said is already bad enough. I don't want that guy anywhere near political or religious levers of power.

Why do you say he's not a Satanist, if, as you say, he admires Satan?

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,254.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
To think about the completely overblown brouhaha that was made out of John Podesta's comments about Catholics for the Common Good--and compare it to Bannon, whose buddies are the Alt Right and the KKK!

Upvote 0