Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This card game by Steve Jackson called Illuminati: New World Order was released almost 30 years ago but has some very creepy cards. I know I have my own understanding of it, but what do yall think?

953e413eab35cdfbf6468798b6903b41.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
1733e2ab8c94ec09b1e89d65e753c161ea1441943e0f6b09e442aab01af9e320_1.jpg
s-l1600001.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l160011.jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
__57.png

There are so many other cards and its chilling to look at them.

Last edited:

Mr E

Site Supporter
Aug 22, 2023
San Diego
✟28,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was thinking that the only thing they didn’t pick up on was the whole transgender activism…. But no. They nailed that too.

2286A7E0-3576-48FC-9316-53AA043CEFE5.png

• Haha
Reactions: Merrill
Upvote 0

Mr E

Site Supporter
Aug 22, 2023
San Diego
✟28,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Interesting like the nasa one.

At some point, as with old novels that become true harbingers of things to come... Did these creators “tune into” something and see some sort of visionary futures— or did others simply come along and employ these artistic endeavors as a sort of play book—- making past ideas come to fruition?

It sometimes seems too convenient, too close to the mark and far too uncanny. I remember reading Ted Decker’ s Circle Trilogy about a devastating pandemic that strikes the world.... but it had been developed in a lab and the creators of the virus were also the creators of the vaccine they intended to use in order to seize world-wide power and absolute control. Were the novels truly fore-shadowing as they were written a decade prior? Or did someone read the idea in the books and go..... ‘Hmmm... that could work!’?

A tip of the hat to George Orwell’s 1984 (penned in 1949). Home of the original Big Brother and memory hole history revisionism.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
At some point, as with old novels that become true harbingers of things to come... Did these creators “tune into” something and see some sort of visionary futures— or did others simply come along and employ these artistic endeavors as a sort of play book—- making past ideas come to fruition?

It sometimes seems too convenient, too close to the mark and far too uncanny. I remember reading Ted Decker’ s Circle Trilogy about a devastating pandemic that strikes the world.... but it had been developed in a lab and the creators of the virus were also the creators of the vaccine they intended to use in order to seize world-wide power and absolute control. Were the novels truly fore-shadowing as they were written a decade prior? Or did someone read the idea in the books and go..... ‘Hmmm... that could work!’?

A tip of the hat to George Orwell’s 1984 (penned in 1949). Home of the original Big Brother and memory hole history revisionism.
-
That is the intriguing aspect of things like this, where did they get the ideas. Either they are really observant people of their times, to see what is coming or are they privileged to the future plans of governments. corporations, etc...

Upvote 0

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
That is the intriguing aspect of things like this, where did they get the ideas. Either they are really observant people of their times, to see what is coming or are they privileged to the future plans of governments. corporations, etc...​

Probably the former. When you consider political movements in terms of power and the motivations of individuals who crave it, a lot of it starts to make sense.

Some people use religion to expand their power. Others use political movements. There are a lot of people who fuss over pronouns and express outrage over things that healthy people would not. They do this in their quest for power.

People who do this so not love people and do not love God. They love power. In the end, they will go to a place where they have neither love not power, and where they cannot reach God.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Probably the former. When you consider political movements in terms of power and the motivations of individuals who crave it, a lot of it starts to make sense.

Some people use religion to expand their power. Others use political movements. There are a lot of people who fuss over pronouns and express outrage over things that healthy people would not. They do this in their quest for power.

People who do this so not love people and do not love God. They love power. In the end, they will go to a place where they have neither love not power, and where they cannot reach God.

...If people (believers) understand our age now, they should see that our governments and other areas (media,corporations, etc) are in the kingdoms of satan, that satan offered to Jesus in return for worship.

...Jesus rejected the offer but the coming man of sin (beast from the sea) will accept satan's offer and will rule the world for a short time before he and his partner the false prophet (the antichirst) are cast alive into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

The Hour IS AT HAND

I think the AoD is on the earth
Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
-
That is the intriguing aspect of things like this, where did they get the ideas. Either they are really observant people of their times, to see what is coming or are they privileged to the future plans of governments. corporations, etc...
From what I understand an aspect of witchcraft, something that makes their sorcery stronger is telling us what they are doing. Now they cant just outright say these things, but they hide it in our entertainment, movies, shows, music etc. The most striking of all of these is the "Trump" card, which doesnt depict how Trump looked in the 90's, but as he does today. Creepy...

• Informative
Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
From what I understand an aspect of witchcraft, something that makes their sorcery stronger is telling us what they are doing. Now they cant just outright say these things, but they hide it in our entertainment, movies, shows, music etc. The most striking of all of these is the "Trump" card, which doesnt depict how Trump looked in the 90's, but as he does today. Creepy...

I think it may have something to do with being in a higher dimension or something. They can actually see to some extent what lies in the future. Talking about aliens/demons/fallen angels here.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Looking into it, the game was inspired by the "Illuminatus! Trilogy" book series and was meant to be tongue in cheek. Here's an article by the developer discussing the development process that went into it:

I'm not sure exactly when the article was written--it says it was originally published in Dragon magazine, but doesn't specify which issue. Based on some remarks in it (it mentioning a review of a play by mail version of the game in the same issue--the play by mail version was released in 1985--and the fact it refers only to dates in the early 1980's), I think the article was originally in 1985-1986.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Hour IS AT HAND

I think the AoD is on the earth
Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looking into it, the game was inspired by the "Illuminatus! Trilogy" book series and was meant to be tongue in cheek. Here's an article by the developer discussing the development process that went into it:

I'm not sure exactly when the article was written--it says it was originally published in Dragon magazine, but doesn't specify which issue. Based on some remarks in it (it mentioning a review of a play by mail version of the game in the same issue--the play by mail version was released in 1985--and the fact it refers only to dates in the early 1980's), I think the article was originally in 1985-1986.
Tongue and cheek.... like this? Also happened prior...
Simpsons_9_11.jpg

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

So Steve Jackson Games put out a card game about conspiracy theories, and borrowed ideas and memes about conspiracy theories? Well, that sounds like what I'd do if I was making a card game about conspiracy theories.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It's just a game meant to be satirical. It's not a deck of Tarot cards.

I haven't read the thread fully. Am I going to see that's what's being claimed if I go and read more of this thread? I just got off work and I don't know if I have the mental fortitude to deal with that.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0