Captain Biden to all crew and passengers

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Wait....are you telling me Trump broke a solemn promise to the voters of the UNITED STATES???? I am SHOCKED! Appalled! Horrified.

Now, in all fairness, one thing I do give Donald credit for is that he did (or at least attempted to do) many of the things he promised to do during his campaign.

Now, granted, many of those promises were to do things that were unwise, immoral, and/or just plain idiotic, but he tried nonetheless... most of the time.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It hasn't been a level playing field for decades. When countries have VAT or tax imports to help pay for healthcare systems, when they put tariffs on imports, when the government subsidizes products so much that the sell them to the US for cheaper than it costs to make them for years and years and when countries steal technology and manufacture things with it and sell it..... the list is endless. Until Trump changed the laws large corporations paid less taxes on their income abroad than they did in this country it was cheaper to move production to other countries.

I could go on and on but I think this is enough to suffice for now.

The healthcare systems in all the advanced countries costs half as much as the healthcare maze in the US does. The big question is how a healthcare system, and bear in mind not everyone in the US is over 80, how the US healthcare system can possibly cost 17.7% of the whole GDP, nobody else's is even close. Switzerland comes second at 12.2% of GDP.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't take sides about parties - I have to blame all Presidents for hitting American workers for so much money for healthcare, or if not them directly then charging the companies for employing them, it isn't surprising US jobs go overseas, US workers cost a fortune.

So we are left in a total fix, either pay a lot of money for very expensive workers, or send the jobs overseas and
1. pay other people to do them and 2. still pay the US workers unemployment and sundry benefits, healthcare and pension and enough to live on
Sending jobs overseas doesn't save the country money, it just moves the costs from a company to the government and then after a few months make a government job and

3. live in denial - pay the now unemployed US workers to do make work, filling in endless forms and such and pay for their therapy as well. And still send money overseas to get the work done elsewhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Trump gave us an economy so outstandingly good that Obama time after time tried to take credit for it, maybe that is where Biden learned to take credit for operation warp speed
The economy grew stronger under Obama than Trump. The economy under Biden is also performing better. :yawn:

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The economy grew stronger under Obama than Trump. The economy under Biden is also performing better. :yawn:
Biden has not been in office long enough to know what his policies will do but most economists are very concerned about the future of his tax and spend methods.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Captain Biden: We have a strong headwind and do not have enough fuel to reach our destination and therefore to improve our flight characteristics we will need to lose some of our load...dumping some fuel

we will be:
A) dumping our fresh water
OR
B) throwing some passengers out
OR
C) dumping fuel
OR
D)

D) Land this plane

I'll never fly this airline again.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Trump gave us an economy so outstandingly good that Obama time after time tried to take credit for it, maybe that is where Biden learned to take credit for operation warp speed

You have got to be joking.

• Agree
Reactions: Oneiric1975
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Biden has not been in office long enough to know what his policies will do but most economists are very concerned about the future of his tax and spend methods.

Biden spent eight years in the White House -- not in charge, but close enough to the action to see exactly what the economic policies were doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
US CAB deficit to 2018 wi Presidents.png

That's the actual picture. When a Red team commentator describes a Red team President he picks the good sounding bits and vice versa.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What happened was R Reagan switched to neoliberalism, by analogy he shut off the engines and started selling the fuel. Some passengers got rich, others got nothing. /analogy off.

The US went into deficit and has been there ever since.

Company owners would transfer production out of the country and get things cheaper and get far bigger profits for themselves.

And so the owners, stock markets, headquarters and finance, mostly near the coasts or Chicago, made big money, and the manufacturing workers, miners etc in flyover country, the Republicans, ended up being called the 'deplorable s'.

But with all that work done outside the country there was a constant loss of money out of the country, hence the constant deficit.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How do we fix it?

Throw out neoliberalism.

One big part of neoliberalism is revealed in the essay by Milton Friedman: The Social Responsibility of Business Is To Increase Its Profits

I read that as meaning Business should just make as much profit as possible and that takes care of it's complete responsibility to everyone.

So when a company shuts production and moves it to another country to increase profits, it is being socially responsible by the rules of neoliberalism

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Translation: With Biden in the cockpit (and Harris as co-pilot) we’re going DOWN!

Mayday, Mayday, Mayday!!!

That is why I don't fly. I ride the coal powered Trump Train.

Upvote 0