• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Can't remember this verse

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by Littlek, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+283
    Christian
    Married
    I'm not sure if I read this before in the Bible. My mind is scattered and I'm forgetful (fibromyalgia)
    I thought I read that God will take someone if they keep on sinning to protect them? I'm sure I'm getting that mixed all up...but I just remember God taking someone to protect them from something that they are doing.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,603
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    There is 1 Corinthians 3:15
    10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

3. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Simul Justus et Peccator Supporter

+42,296
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    Hello @Littlek, Ananias and Sapphira come to mind in regard to this .. Acts 5:1-11. (though that passage is about an event that happened in the life of the 1st Century church, not a doctrinal statement). They so destroyed their witness (to those outside and to those within the church) that I believe the Lord chose to take them home before they could cause further harm, to others or to themselves.

As for doctrine, verses like these come to mind, but I don't think that they are quite what you are looking for .. 1 Corinthians 11:30-32; 1 Peter 4:17; 1 John 5:16. (the passage from 1 Cor 11 seems the closest) Hopefully someone else will know the passage you are looking for however :)

Praying for you!

God bless you!!

--David

edit: I just found this short article (or video if you prefer .. the video and the article texts are the same, just FYI) that you may find useful: What is the sin unto death? | GotQuestions.org

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  4. Sophrosyne

Sophrosyne Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16

+42,067
    Christian
    I don't know about taking believers to stop sin but I do recall God commanding Israel to wipe out a group of people whose sinfulness reached a peak that was unacceptable to God essentially stopping them from sinning any more.

5. mnorian

mnorian Oldbie--Eternal Optimist Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+9,575
    Christian
    Married
    This comes to mind:

"The righteous man perishes, and no man takes it to heart;
    And devout men are taken away, while no one understands.
    For the righteous man is taken away from evil."
    Isaiah 57:1

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Job3315

Job3315 Well-Known Member

+716
    United States
    Christian
    Single
  7. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,354
    Christian
    Married
    1 John 5:16 says that there is sin which leads to death ... and other sin which does not.

1 John 5:16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

8. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+283
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you everyone...I must have gotten a few verses mixed up lol. I think it must have been what Sophrosyne posted. If I come across something else, I will share.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+6,974
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I don't believe this is biblical. God never takes the life of a believer early on into heaven due to their sins. Some will quote the story of Ananias and Sapphira (Acts of the Apostles 5:1-11) along with 1 John 5:16-17, but they fail to look at the context so as to wrongfully justify a sin and still be saved type belief. In Acts of the Apostles 5:1-11, we learn that when Ananias and Sapphira each died separately for them each lying to the Holy Spirit, a great fear came upon the church when they heard about it. Now, put on your detective hat. Think. The emotion of fear does not make any sense if Ananias and Sapphira were saved and safely in the arms of Jesus. The reason why the church was in fear was because they knew they were in hell, and they feared that a similar thing could happen to them. For to live is Christ, and to die is gain. This life is not our home. So a believer is not to fear death if they abide in the Lord.