I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure if I read this before in the Bible. My mind is scattered and I'm forgetful (fibromyalgia)
I thought I read that God will take someone if they keep on sinning to protect them? I'm sure I'm getting that mixed all up...but I just remember God taking someone to protect them from something that they are doing.

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not sure if I read this before in the Bible. My mind is scattered and I'm forgetful (fibromyalgia)
I thought I read that God will take someone if they keep on sinning to protect them? I'm sure I'm getting that mixed all up...but I just remember God taking someone to protect them from something that they are doing.
There is 1 Corinthians 3:15
10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

Reactions: Littlek
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Littlek, Ananias and Sapphira come to mind in regard to this .. Acts 5:1-11. (though that passage is about an event that happened in the life of the 1st Century church, not a doctrinal statement). They so destroyed their witness (to those outside and to those within the church) that I believe the Lord chose to take them home before they could cause further harm, to others or to themselves.

As for doctrine, verses like these come to mind, but I don't think that they are quite what you are looking for .. 1 Corinthians 11:30-32; 1 Peter 4:17; 1 John 5:16. (the passage from 1 Cor 11 seems the closest) Hopefully someone else will know the passage you are looking for however :)

Praying for you!

God bless you!!

--David

edit: I just found this short article (or video if you prefer .. the video and the article texts are the same, just FYI) that you may find useful: What is the sin unto death? | GotQuestions.org

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This comes to mind:

"The righteous man perishes, and no man takes it to heart;
And devout men are taken away, while no one understands.
For the righteous man is taken away from evil."
Isaiah 57:1

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 5:16 says that there is sin which leads to death ... and other sin which does not.

1 John 5:16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I don't believe this is biblical. God never takes the life of a believer early on into heaven due to their sins. Some will quote the story of Ananias and Sapphira (Acts of the Apostles 5:1-11) along with 1 John 5:16-17, but they fail to look at the context so as to wrongfully justify a sin and still be saved type belief. In Acts of the Apostles 5:1-11, we learn that when Ananias and Sapphira each died separately for them each lying to the Holy Spirit, a great fear came upon the church when they heard about it. Now, put on your detective hat. Think. The emotion of fear does not make any sense if Ananias and Sapphira were saved and safely in the arms of Jesus. The reason why the church was in fear was because they knew they were in hell, and they feared that a similar thing could happen to them. For to live is Christ, and to die is gain. This life is not our home. So a believer is not to fear death if they abide in the Lord.

Upvote 0