Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Losing weight is what I'm on right now as well.
You have to keep a daily journal tracking your calories.
Download an app for your phone called Myfitnesspal.
You enter your height and weight and your goal weight and it calculates how many calories you can have in a day.

So you will have to start tracking literally every meal you eat writing down its calories to make sure you stay at a calorie deficiency that way your body starts consuming those excess fat reserves. Also with an hour long walk, gym bicycle machine or treadmill, running, some method of cardio for an hour a day. When your sweat is hitting the floor its a good sign. If you're going to the gym start lifting weights as well an do cardio on the way out. I lift weights then do 20 minutes on the bicycle machine at level 9 resistance and when I get off the bike I can hardly walk on my legs. :) Best of luck in your journey and remember its going to take hard work and consistency.

Check out some videos on youtube of weight loss transformations for some motivation!

Almost forgot you have to cut out junk food, cookies, snack foods, chips, sodas, fast food, alcohol too. Eat whole foods with protein chicken, steak, fish, brown rice, green veggies.

In easier version is just write down a description of all the food you consume.
It works without any counting.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm also a big believer in not eating to many carbs, or processed foods.
Lots of protein!
What some people say is maybe I don't eat enough.
Logically to me that makes no sense.
Usually coffee for breakfast,
There are times I'll have an egg..
Lunch don't really eat unless I grab a piece of fruit or rolled up turkey.
Dinner is meat and a roasted veggie, broccoli, or cauliflower, Brussel sprouts.
I need to move more
My wife and I are really into salads and salad kits. They are rather nutritious. I guess you have already tried and considered this?

Upvote 0

hopesum

Oct 31, 2017
✟15,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are thousands upon thousands of methods and approaches to health. I started with weight issues in my early teens. In my early 30s I couldn't get off the floor after playing with my dog. My knees were killing me. No prior injury so it didn't make sense to me. It even hurt while I was sleeping!

I finally cried out for help. When I get to this point, I ask God about the issue with full intention of following what he has to say no matter the difficulty. I'm not a super Christian, it's just that I have found He seems to answer me more openly (brutally honest) when I come WILLING. Surrendered.

He led me to a book about sugar. Turns out picking up a bagel and coffee on my way to work, then having a few cookies someone brought into the office, then a salad for lunch, another coffee, then Chinese or a pizza, or pasta, or meatloaf for supper was killing me. It has been a long PROCESS and still is.

But my consumption lifestyle is so radically different now that I don't share it because it seems absolutely foreign to most. Because it works so well for me I have not exercised. And now I know I have to get back to doing that! Process.

So don't despair. Ask God to lead you for YOUR circumstances. He will not tell us all the same thing as we all have a different health priority to address. He is faithful! Just make sure you really want the change in spite of pain. If you're not at that point yet, there is little he can say to you that will bring change. imo.

"I hear the words of the Lord and act upon them [obeying them] like a sensible (prudent, practical, wise) man who built his house upon the rock. And the rain fell and the floods came and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had founded on the rock." —Mathew 7:24-25​

Upvote 0

Ajflyguy7

Aug 12, 2017
Central Coast, California
✟23,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would recommend finding a workout partner or a workout group (crossfit gym). Then you are accountable to someone else or a group of people. You will probably enjoy the workout more because there will be a social aspect to it. Try to incorporate movements that are fun (for you) and track your progress. I really like doing box jumps, deadlift, and power clean. I try to incorporate those movements on a regular basis and set goals to motivate me to improve my performance. Cardio is important as well. I used to hate cardio. I have started doing a lot more HIIT training during my running workouts. The changing speed makes it more interested than running at a constant pace for 3 or 4 miles. I also set goals here to monitor my improvements. If you aren't having fun while working out, you are doing it wrong. Good luck to you!

Upvote 0